Buff Scoundrels

Sir_Galapagos

Marauders and snipers need at most 20 seconds to reset their rotation so they can open up on someone. Scoundrels can have to wait up to a minuet (i timed it) to get out of combat so they can stealth and reopen and an opponent.Also i can not tell you how many times i have been in combat used disappearing act and still have been in combat. If we get knocked out of stealth and our disappearing act is on cd we are screwed and our highest hitting ability can not be used. You don't see powertechs just using the ability to do rail shot for 1min 30 sec. That is why i propose disappearing act be on a 20 second cool down so they can reset their rotations in the same time other dps classes do and to make up for the getting out of combat system sucking. Back bast should also be on an 8 second cool down to help with sustained dps which is where we are lacking the most.

What do you guys think and don't say something like its the same as being invincible if you can stealth out that much because sages(who in equal gear have the about the same amount of health as scoundrels) and shadows can run away every 20 seconds and marauders another melee dps class can be invincible and have the longest defensive ability (cloak of pain) there is no reason disappearing act should not be on a 20 second cool down.

Increasing energy regen for 6 seconds after destealthing is nice for assassins and would be nice for scoundrels as well.

Edited by Sir_Galapagos

As much as I would LOVE to see this, and how I am a huge fanboy of this class.... It would break PVP. No joke. Seeing how in my opinion that most Operatives at 50 at least have a HEAVY knowledge about their class. Heals wise. No they don't need a buff,

DPS Wise..... They do, but most skilled Operatives/Scoundrels will tell you that they are okay with PVP Damage output. Any other tool given to Scoundrels would have other people complaining about this class... Trust me. They nerfed then after 1.2, and people still got REALLY Butthurt so Bioware swung the Nerfbat again. It's just the way it is. Seeing a DPS Operative/Scoundrel in a WZ is so rare. It's the most fun class to play. Yet the way that it's devised it's completely reliant on stealth, which is OP as it is.

Railshot does not knock down the target and you can see a pt coming for you. You can heal yourself behind a corner for upper hand and do sucker punches to keep the dps up and the upfront out of cloak burst is huge, no doubt about it. Edited by SajPl

Railshot does not knock down the target and you can see a pt coming for you. You can heal yourself behind a corner for upper hand and do sucker punches to keep the dps up and the upfront out of cloak burst is huge, no doubt about it.

powertechs have self healing that can heal while they do damage scoundrels dont. Powertech burst is bigger for sure than scoundrel.

and sorry for not being clear i meant this to be a skill high in the scrapper/concealment tree as healing ops/scoundrels certainly do not need any help.

Edited by Sir_Galapagos

I'm sorry... Comparing a Powertech to a Scoundrel is really really a bad case. Very bad. Powertech can do in 5 GCDS what a Scoundrel can do in 8 GCDS. I don't believe in the whole two shotting thing, but Powertech gives you a VERY small window to react where all you have to do with a Scoundrel is make sure he's got Shoot First and Backblast on GCD. Yeah they can escape, but they can't compare to a Powertech on Burst Damage.

The only two true advantages Scoundrel has over Powertech is Healing. I mean great healing, and the power to escape much easier than any class in the game.

I'm sorry... Comparing a Powertech to a Scoundrel is really really a bad case. Very bad. Powertech can do in 5 GCDS what a Scoundrel can do in 8 GCDS. I don't believe in the whole two shotting thing, but Powertech gives you a VERY small window to react where all you have to do with a Scoundrel is make sure he's got Shoot First and Backblast on GCD. Yeah they can escape, but they can't compare to a Powertech on Burst Damage.

The only two true advantages Scoundrel has over Powertech is Healing. I mean great healing, and the power to escape much easier than any class in the game.

assassins have much more survivability and can escape more easily because of stealth and force speed. Other than that I do agree that scoundrels are ridiculously underpowered.

Scoundrel = Apple, (Stealth Heals)

Assassin = Orange (Stealth Tank)

Scoundrel has those heals which if you do give them another tool. They can rule the field in utility. Not Damage. We all can agree than even on a Scoundrel's terms. (Your Face in the Ground, Decked with a Shottie)

A Powertech would still be able to take the day because of his burst, but again this isn't 1 v 1. A Scoundrel just running around getting quick killing blows with Shoot First would be still beneficial to a team IMO

cute, fyi carthy = BiS wh powertech / kript = bis wh , evaniax = full wh , Daffydil = full wh , noodle full WH , so if you think we need a buff i feel its a l2p issue

Isnt your server packed with RP Sorc healers?

You see.. mine is packed with Guardians, Vanguards and Sentinels.

I do agree we need something to get more UPTIME on our damage, the average time on a Hidden Strike/ Shoot First is what 30sec to 1min?

Isnt your server packed with RP Sorc healers?

You see.. mine is packed with Guardians, Vanguards and Sentinels.

I do agree we need something to get more UPTIME on our damage, the average time on a Hidden Strike/ Shoot First is what 30sec to 1min?

oh i do agree that i dontget shoot first off as much as id like to, but it doesnt mean we're underpowered ><

Since soundrels have stealth and can pick their fights, they dont need any buffs. A class that stack the odds in their fabor should be naturally weakerin a fair fight.

The thing is stealth has a 90 sec cd so if we get poped out which happens very often or the combat system **** up then we can not "pick our fights."

And showing that you have war hero gear only means you have farmed enough not that you have "skill."

And of course you play op powertechs. If i played a mara or a pt i would have as much "skill" as you "have" -(note the sarcasm)

Edited by Sir_Galapagos