Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Getting ***** much?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Getting ***** much?

Jadescythe
11.20.2012 , 09:43 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Capt_Beers View Post
Doesn't really matter. If you're not sure what classes have stealth I would have to take anything you say about WZ tactics with a grain or 2 of salt.

And I don't know how you don't pay attention to them. There's at least 1 in every WZ if not 2 or 3.
^^^^ This

As to the OP, 50-100k damage is extremely low for a full warzone, especially on a PT. There are exceptions, of course (being on defense, short warzones, being tank specced), but you should be consistently doing over 100k damage in a DPS role, even in recruit gear. It sounds like you could benefit from checking the PT forums for some help with your class (it is one of the better DPS classes). You may also be finding that the random groups you are getting are not as skilled, geared, or coordinated as the other groups you are facing. It may even be exacerbated by your low HP since players who can't handle losing every now and then will quit when they see a couple undergeared players (even suggested to you in this thread, everyone had bad gear at some point so get over yourself). I'd strongly suggest finding a guild that can help you improve yourself and aid you in getting gear in multiple ways.
I have opinions and stuff

Capt_Beers
11.20.2012 , 10:20 AM | #22
To the OP,

You are capable of putting out a lot more damage however it sounds like you are not surviving long enough to do it. While your class is excellent for dealing damage with your Recruit gear on you're quite squishy. You may want to try and take on the role of a support DPS until you get all your BM pieces. Some suggestions I would have:

- Try hanging out on the fringes of fights and harpoon people that are at around 50%-60%, burst them down and try hide behind something and hope no one noticed you. you are a melee class but with a pull you don't have to get in the middle of the scrum. You can stick to the outside and pull people to where it's advantageous for you.

- Pick out a buddy in the WZ, you don't have to plan everything with them but just follow them around. This way you won't be alone and you'll a chance to deliver the burst the PT's are capable of.

- Don't forget to use your taunts. Won't help you survive but you will get some extra medals.

- Protect the healers. Even without guard if you hang around a healer and peel people off him unless he's a total goon he will notice and heal you. Nothing improves survivabilty better than a pocket healer. Whenever I'm healing if a DPS decides to fill the tank role and keep me safe he is getting priority in my heal list.
<HVND> - Harbinger - <HVND>
Keith-Stone 55 Combat Medic | | CaptBeers 55 Arsenal | | FOTM-Reroll 55 Tactics
Keet-Stone 55 Focus | | Keef-Stone 55 Infiltration | | Key'th 55 Pyrotech

XinnKoda
11.20.2012 , 10:39 AM | #23
Thanks for all the responses. I think part of the problem is that the current trend in the WZs I've been in lately is that everyone runs around freelancing. The Warzones that I do win seems to be extremely strategic and everyone does their role. On the flipside, the warzones that we lose, we lose by a landslide. We were on civil war yesterday and I was trying to get middle with a bunch of my team and I noticed 2 of our team mates went and controlled snow. As soon as they controlled snow they both left it. I tried to say in Ops chat "guys, someone needs to guard snow" but they continued to keep it unguarded which resulted in the enemy team taking it over. Sometimes I try to guard it but I'm nowhere near powerful enough to defend it. I try to call out incoming at the first sight of an enemy but people don't look at Ops chat and no one comes to help. I also notice that when they are 6 enemy players at a turret, a lot of people try to run in solo. Can people not see this does nothing? I've been trying to find groups to do warzones with and I just joined a guild which sounds promising so I'm hoping things will get better.

NamikazeNaruto
11.20.2012 , 12:14 PM | #24
What server are you on? Here on Jedi Covenant, there's like a 90% chance that if you solo queue you will end up against a premade. To win at a decent rate, you pretty much HAVE to have a premade of your own. Carrying pugs to victory in solo queue against premades is a very difficult endeavor most of the time. I advise you to find a PvP guild so you can make your own premade. Solo queueing is almost a guaranteed loss now(at least on my server, unfortunate but true.)

The barrier to entry in PvP is higher than it used to be, now that some people have had time to fully gear up. Full WH PvP guilds won't accept you if you are merely in recruit gear. However, it will take you a long time to grind fully min/maxed augmented WH gear if those same full WH premades stomp you over and over again.

HuaRya
11.20.2012 , 12:48 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by NamikazeNaruto View Post
What server are you on? Here on Jedi Covenant, there's like a 90% chance that if you solo queue you will end up against a premade. To win at a decent rate, you pretty much HAVE to have a premade of your own. Carrying pugs to victory in solo queue against premades is a very difficult endeavor most of the time. I advise you to find a PvP guild so you can make your own premade. Solo queueing is almost a guaranteed loss now(at least on my server, unfortunate but true.)

The barrier to entry in PvP is higher than it used to be, now that some people have had time to fully gear up. Full WH PvP guilds won't accept you if you are merely in recruit gear. However, it will take you a long time to grind fully min/maxed augmented WH gear if those same full WH premades stomp you over and over again.
And nobody would know more then a pugstomping premade guild like ld50. They go way out of their way to go full group against a pickup team in order to medal farm.

NamikazeNaruto
11.20.2012 , 01:04 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by HuaRya View Post
And nobody would know more then a pugstomping premade guild like ld50. They go way out of their way to go full group against a pickup team in order to medal farm.
Lol, what do you want us to do? We queue for ranked all the time but either there's noone queueing or people queue dodge us. If we can't play ranked what do you want us to do then, stay out of normal warzones altogether? Sorry, but we want to play PvP and have fun too. We realized that the best way to win in this game is to make friends and form premades. I advise you to do the same and stop blindly accusing us of wanting to pugstomp, because we'd rather be playing other premades in ranked.

Alizaro
11.20.2012 , 01:43 PM | #27
Full WH PvP guilds won't accept you if you are merely in recruit gear. However, it will take you a long time to grind fully min/maxed augmented WH gear if those same full WH premades stomp you over and over again.
In my opinion, most pvp guilds would love to take him, fresh 50 or no. Somehow pt's are still pretty hard to come by,.
Prophecy of the Five

Dark Force Rising (Témper, Shaddo, Tempermental, Alizar) 375 vr

Muramxx
11.20.2012 , 06:48 PM | #28
Lol, what do you want us to do? We queue for ranked all the time but either there's noone queueing or people queue dodge us. If we can't play ranked what do you want us to do then, stay out of normal warzones altogether? Sorry, but we want to play PvP and have fun too. We realized that the best way to win in this game is to make friends and form premades. I advise you to do the same and stop blindly accusing us of wanting to pugstomp, because we'd rather be playing other premades in ranked.
In my short time on the server I have heard nothing bad bad things about you guys, none of my handful of experiences on the PUGstomed side have changed it. We all know you make 2 groups then que with each other to give yourself the best chances of being on the same team so you can medal farm and PUGstomp. I personally would leave a game against you in a RWZ just out principle. no one likes playing against *******'s that like to ruin the game for everyone else.

iasion
11.21.2012 , 03:10 AM | #29
The problem isn't gear, but server imbalance. On my server (red eclipse), during prime time I find it very hard to play PvP. Playing solo I find myself teamed together with grouped players about one match out of 4 and then it's normally one team of two or three players. Also, Rep players seems to be better at PvP and better geared meaning that even if the teams are evenly matched concerning grouped players, it still tends to be a Rep victory (but those are still fun games if they are even).

My sollution is not to play PvP during prime time with my lvl50 imp. Instead I play in the 10-49 bracket with my alt to level it up for future use. Or level my Rep alt which is pretty fun as well. PvP with my main is reduced to mostly off hours.

Ancaglon
11.21.2012 , 07:38 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by KettleBelll View Post
If you load into a warzone and alot of people are giving instructions on what to do in the warzone: LEAVE

If you load into a warzone and ops chat is quiet, or joking: STAY

Only bad players talk in ops other than to say "One inc Grass". Good players will all be in voice chat with one another. Thus, if anyone is acutally giving 'plans' in a wz, avoid that guy like a virus.
I think I need to avoid YOU like a virus. Asking "plan?" and getting "win" usually equals loss.