Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Imperial Intelligence (IA ending spoliers)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore > Spoilers
Imperial Intelligence (IA ending spoliers)

Temeluchus
10.11.2012 , 03:46 PM | #51
Quote: Originally Posted by Path-x View Post
Comparing marines to surveillance agents and spies is inappropriate. Marines are a combat unit (as you stated yourself, riflemen first and foremost) while Imperial Intelligence is primary a surveillance and espionage organization.

Edit: Replaced the "absurd" with the "inappropriate" for the sake of nicer discussion.
EDIT: Toned down everything. You missed my point entirely..again. I'll let you go back and see if you can get it. If you don't agree with my analogies then feel free to say so, but please quit telling me they are inappropriate.

They are neither irrelevant nor going against social mores or cultural taboos, so either English is not your cradle tongue and that was a word you were taught and favor, you don't understand the definition of the word and it's application or just use it to try and get a rise out of people.
"Men call me Darkstar, and I am of the night.

errant_knight
10.11.2012 , 04:19 PM | #52
Quote: Originally Posted by Path-x View Post
You still haven't convinced me how exactly would dissolution of Imperial Intelligence benefit them in any way. Both in short and long term they lose a great deal of personal power and influence. Are you implying they are self-destructive or even mentally challenged?
What I'm saying is that a powerful sith might believe that they could bring at least some of the assets of imperial intelligence under their personal control, which would be of immense benefit to them. Power plays don't always work as intended, however, especially when there are wild cards in play as there are in the the agent story. It can be argued that the Sith are, in fact self destructive, in that they put their passions and personal power ahead of the good of the empire. They wouldn't see it that way, of course.

Path-x
10.13.2012 , 05:13 AM | #53
Quote: Originally Posted by Temeluchus View Post
EDIT: Toned down everything. You missed my point entirely..again. I'll let you go back and see if you can get it. If you don't agree with my analogies then feel free to say so, but please quit telling me they are inappropriate.

They are neither irrelevant nor going against social mores or cultural taboos, so either English is not your cradle tongue and that was a word you were taught and favor, you don't understand the definition of the word and it's application or just use it to try and get a rise out of people.
What I was trying to say is that (in my opinion) the analogy that you gave is bad and does not fit this particular case. In the next sentence I further explained why I think that. So even if the choice of word in the first sentence was not the best I think the second sentence made it clear what I was trying to say.

And although the word "inappropriate" is usually used to describe moral improperness, its definition is wider and can be used to describe lack of general suitableness or fitting (to my knowledge at least).
Jedi: You won the day, Sith. So, kill me if you must.
Warrior: I must.

Felioats
10.15.2012 , 05:33 PM | #54
Sith gonna sith.

On a related note:

Spoiler
>

Mutive
10.16.2012 , 05:53 PM | #55
To be honest, I don't think that your average Sith *gets* intelligence. My SW, anyway, really saw any good foe as one she could clobber with a lightsaber. She wasn't very smart. She wasn't particularly clever. She saw something's physical (and Force) strength as it's greatest determinant of value. (This bit is hinted at when you're told that the Sith and Jedi aren't paying attention to the Star Cabal because they don't care about almost anything that's non-Force related. They're like little demi-gods, playing games with their magic powers, unaware that there's stuff out there that may be even more powerful than their magic pixie dust.)

Intelligence is the complete opposite of the Sith. It doesn't value magic; it values technology. It doesn't value brute strength; it values cunning.

Is it any surprise that the Sith don't know what to do with it other than strip it of its assets? Not really. From everything we see in the game, neither the Jedi nor the Sith are overly crafty. They're just a bunch of kids with super powers. That's the whole *point* of agent - that giving a bunch of ordinary humans super powers and letting them do whatever they want is a horrible, terrible thing for the 99% of people in the universe who don't happen to have those super powers.

planet_J
10.18.2012 , 09:34 AM | #56
My view of the sith falls somewhat inline with that. There are a few conniving manipulators controlling a vast sea of puppets.

However, I see the Jedi order as observant and generally passive, perhaps a bit naive in their quest for peace and balance. They are more stewards of the will of the force to maintain balance and stick up for the little guy almost to a fault. I think they can be overly trusting of others because they want to believe everyone is capable of being good and it's in their nature to want to believe it.

I think II is the closest thing to an outside awareness and conscience that the empire has...because of this...the sith powers that be want to prevent an "awakening" of sorts and disband II because of their overt fear of an aware empirical population.

Kaisernick
11.19.2012 , 03:01 PM | #57
Quote: Originally Posted by Ranadiel_Marius View Post

I don't recall any specific instances of the Jedi being manipulated, but still just control the flow of information and you control a person's perception of reality and therefore how they react.
the clone wars???
hell there were sith infiltrators in the order itself manipulating the jedi, they arnt stupid but they arnt to bright either.

the star cabal worked their stuff by being subtle, i believe that the motion to disband II was something they themselves said was risky but they felt that they had to in order to try and stop cypher nine.

maxetius
11.20.2012 , 05:03 PM | #58
The Sith are generally just that retarded. They don't care about the Empire, just themselves and their own personal 'power.' It's no surprise they'd destroy intelligence and dessiminate the powers of the organization to where they can use it for their own PERSONAL gain. That's all they care about.

Light side Sith notwithstanding, of course.

lokdron
11.20.2012 , 06:04 PM | #59
Quote: Originally Posted by maxetius View Post
The Sith are generally just that retarded. They don't care about the Empire, just themselves and their own personal 'power.' It's no surprise they'd destroy intelligence and dessiminate the powers of the organization to where they can use it for their own PERSONAL gain. That's all they care about.

Light side Sith notwithstanding, of course.
Thats why I sided with jadus and gave him the codex they are going to rebuild sith intellgence with force user operatives and me as the leader of it but it will take time to setup.
You have seen it, you have felt it within you as you have traveled with me. The growing anger, the rage, and the power it brings. Yet the power does not build without struggle. Through small cruelties greater ones are born. Kriea/Darth Traya
Dark side eye topic make your voice heard if you want canon movie sith eyes!

Tfranco
12.01.2012 , 08:15 AM | #60
With a pure dark side ending, aka giving the thing to the sith, isn't Sith Intelligence formed to replace imperial intelligence? Coulda sworn that was my ending.
Prophecy of five:
Desarion 50 commando Ledyard 44 sage
Darksavior 50 Juggernaut Terrivar 40 assassin
"I love assassinating assassins, they always look so surprised"