Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

DarthBuckets
11.20.2012 , 05:15 PM | #1
The new GTN deposit is a completely negligible amount of credits, and is detrimental to the GTN economy.

As it stands, there is little to no punishment for canceling auctions and re-posting, rapidly undercutting the competition.

I believe this was changed in 1.5 to probably avoid players with credit caps smuggling credits via deposits and mail, but can it be looked at?

Erasimus
11.20.2012 , 05:18 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthBuckets View Post
The new GTN deposit is a completely negligible amount of credits, and is detrimental to the GTN economy.

As it stands, there is little to no punishment for canceling auctions and re-posting, rapidly undercutting the competition.

I believe this was changed in 1.5 to probably avoid players with credit caps smuggling credits via deposits and mail, but can it be looked at?
Should make items cheaper, which means F2P players can afford them, and makes it less likely that gold farmers will use the auction house to build credits, and will make auctions more competitive.

Don't think it will be changed.
"Give light and the darkness will disappear of itself."

monkgryphon
11.20.2012 , 05:19 PM | #3
I don't see how competition is detrimental to the game.

Sounds like you're upset because you can't sell what you normally sell for outrageous prices anymore.

Knockerz
11.20.2012 , 05:23 PM | #4
How about no. I prefer items be sold cheaper. I also like the fact if some one undercuts me I can undercut them right away. It's only virtual money any way so who cares.
Quote: Originally Posted by Tatile View Post
Less armour = moves faster = more dodging = less getting hit.
Quote: Originally Posted by Andryah View Post
Oh.. there is plenty of complaining in this thread. As well as demands, expressions of entitlement, and wild dreams.
Lovely Andryah the Forum Princess

SNCommand
11.20.2012 , 05:24 PM | #5
I think it's good the market is becoming more free, it serves us well in the real world it should serve us well in the virtual one
Quote: Originally Posted by Ben "Yahtzee" Croshaw
Personally I would slap Georges hands away from the editing desk, give him a colouring book and then remake the entire prequel trilogy so that Darth Vader uses the force to win breakdance competitions and chokes to death anyone who utters the word midichlorians.

waterdaemon
11.20.2012 , 05:41 PM | #6
Hate it. It encourages frivolous selling and unrealistic asking prices. It should require some thought and some research before you put an item up. Combined with the glut of apparently unwanted rare crafting items from the gambling boxes, I am not happy about the impact to the GTN. Just barely related, but the ctr-leftclick item preview of items on GTN is broken for some companions.

I know BW was under tremendous pressure to get the cartel shop out there and give the new model a try, but as someone who liked to use the GTN I can't say I like the impact it has had.

waterdaemon
11.20.2012 , 05:42 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by SNCommand View Post
I think it's good the market is becoming more free, it serves us well in the real world it should serve us well in the virtual one
You do realize they take less on the front end, but more on the back end, don't you?

Andryah
11.20.2012 , 06:21 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by waterdaemon View Post
Hate it. It encourages frivolous selling and unrealistic asking prices.
The market takes care of that via supply/demand. People will only pay listing prices they are willing to pay. Listing deposit has zero factor from the purchasers perspective.

The only people I am aware of that don't like this change are people trying to undercut other listers by a small amount on high value items, knowing that the penalty to cancel and relist protects them for the listing period of their competition. You can no longer do that effectively, and frankly it was cheeze to do so to begin with.

Adapt, or leave the sellers market IMO. There is no QQing in baseball, or GTN merchandising in SWTOR.
Forum disputatio ------> est completum ineptias.

waterdaemon
11.20.2012 , 06:40 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Andryah View Post
The market takes care of that via supply/demand. People will only pay listing prices they are willing to pay. Listing deposit has zero factor from the purchasers perspective.

The only people I am aware of that don't like this change are people trying to undercut other listers by a small amount on high value items, knowing that the penalty to cancel and relist protects them for the listing period of their competition. You can no longer do that effectively, and frankly it was cheeze to do so to begin with.

Adapt, or leave the sellers market IMO. There is no QQing in baseball, or GTN merchandising in SWTOR.
First off, your assumptions about what I'm doing on the market are wrong. Secondly, it's rather obnoxious to suggest someone leave and QQ because they have a different opinion than yours. If you don't want to read other opinions, consider starting your own blog.

monkgryphon
11.20.2012 , 07:40 PM | #10
You're arguing over an economy that has no more value than a single pixel on your monitor.