Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

False Advertising and Fraud!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
False Advertising and Fraud!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

NCornelius
11.20.2012 , 12:03 PM | #1
Hello, I have a major problem with your game and customer service. A few days ago I created a new character. The name had a special character "" in the name. After playing to level 12 or so I found that other players had a difficult time communicating with me because of the special character in the name "". Now I have no problem just deleting that character and making a new one however I already spent 300+ cartel coins unlocking HK-51 on that character. Now under your website http://www.swtor.com/free at the bottom is says "Get one Character, Guild, or Legacy name change per month." so I opened an in game ticket and this is what they sent back to me.

Quote:
Greetings,

Thank you for contacting us requesting a character service.

Unfortunately, at this time server transfers, account to account transfers, name changes, race changes, and legacy changes are not services that we offer. While this may change in the future, currently we are unable to offer assistance with these requests.

While we understand the frustration this may cause, we would like to assure you that we are doing our utmost to ensure that our players have the best possible game play experience. As such requests of this type is something that we are monitoring and may potentially offer in the future.

Thank you for your patience and understanding, and we apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. If you require further assistance with this or any other issues, please do not hesitate to contact us again.

Sincerely,

Protocol Droid X1-A1
Now you need to do one of 3 things to fix this issue for me or I will open a case with my states consumer protection agency for False Advertising. 1. Let me rename my character. 2.Refund my cartel coins so that I can make a new character and purchase the HK-51 on that one. 3. Remove the False Advertising on your website that says "Get one Character, Guild, or Legacy name change per month."

On an unrelated but equally frustrating note my HK-51 on my LV50 character came without any gear! After questing for so many hours I finally unlock HK-51 only to find out that I can't use him. I opened a ticket and didn't get any help. What is wrong with your Customer Service Just restore the gear he should have came with! It pisses me off to no end that my LV12 HK-51 came with gear he can't use but my LV50 HK-51 didn't come with any gear!

Quote:
Greetings,

I am Protocol Droid M0-T0, Human-Cyborg Relations.

Thank you for contacting us regarding the issue you encountered with HK-51.

Please note that we are aware of an issue where HK-51 may not have any gear when first unlocked.
We are currently investigating and are working to resolve this issue in an upcoming patch.

Any new information pertaining to this issue will be communicated in our official forums, found here:
http://www.swtor.com/community/

Please also keep an eye on patch notes, found here:
http://www.swtor.com/patchnotes

If you have encountered an issue on one of the missions to unlock HK-51, please be advised that we currently only offer support for class story missions.
Please submit a bug report in-game to ensure that your mission issue is brought to the attention of our development team.

If you have suggestions or feedback regarding the HK-51 mission chain, please post on our suggestion Box forum at http://www.swtor.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=349. While our Developers may not post in every thread created there, they do read the forums on a regular basis, and are constantly looking for feedback from our players.

Thank you for your patience and understanding, and we apologize for any inconvenience this issue may have caused.

Please do not hesitate to contact us again if you have any further questions.

Galactic Support is our speciality...

Sincerely,

Protocol Droid M0-T0
You have the worst customer service of any company I have ever dealt with!

Kellavius
11.20.2012 , 12:29 PM | #2
This game has some serious issues with customer service!

Caminari
11.20.2012 , 12:32 PM | #3
I didn't really have any complaints about the game before getting told that they think it's totally ok to not sell you what you pay for.
Their customer service is getting as bad as SOE.
"Relativity applies to physics, not ethics."~Albert Einstein
╬╬╬╬╬|██████████████████████████████)

fatninja
11.20.2012 , 12:41 PM | #4
Ya, this is the worst customer service ever. You're lucky that you even got a reply from Bioware. I've had a ticket open for a week and still no reply or even acknowledgement that i have a ticket open.

NCornelius
11.20.2012 , 12:48 PM | #5
If they would have made HK-51's gear legacy bound I could have just sent it from my lv12 to my lv50. I own both the digital deluxe and Collectors Edition of this game. I have given them hundreds of dollars and they can't even give me the gear my HK-51 should have came with.

NCornelius
11.20.2012 , 12:51 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by fatninja View Post
Ya, this is the worst customer service ever. You're lucky that you even got a reply from Bioware. I've had a ticket open for a week and still no reply or even acknowledgement that i have a ticket open.
Yeah I had something like that happen last month it was over 2 weeks to get any response! At least let us know you are looking into the problem instead of letting us go for weeks without a response.

JovethGonzalez
11.20.2012 , 02:30 PM | #7 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hi there,

I wanted to apologize about this confusion. It is our intention in the future to be able to provide the free character, guild, or Legacy name change per month, but unfortunately, we are not able to offer this at this time. We will be removing the text, as it is an error. Thank you for calling this to our attention!

Lostpenguins
11.20.2012 , 02:41 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by JovethGonzalez View Post
Hi there,

I wanted to apologize about this confusion. It is our intention in the future to be able to provide the free character, guild, or Legacy name change per month, but unfortunately, we are not able to offer this at this time. We will be removing the text, as it is an error. Thank you for calling this to our attention!
Lawl?

You guys should either refund his cartel coins or give him the ability to change his name. Doesn't matter if you're removing the text now, it was on your site and unless it said "coming in the future" it's false advertising because he bought and played the game with the advertising that he could change his character name once per month.

Even his response seems a bit bad as you're apologizing for the error, but not owning up to the fact that it's false advertisement and that Bioware is still accountable.

mjwalsh
11.20.2012 , 02:42 PM | #9
I've already filed a BBB complaint and filed many chargebacks with my bank on the stolen money from this cartel coin bs.
W A L S H | T H E B A S T I O N
E T E R N A L D O M I N I O N
Swtor Guild

Rankyn
11.20.2012 , 02:52 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by mjwalsh View Post
i've already filed a bbb complaint
bbblol