Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

"Unable to verify activation code"

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
"Unable to verify activation code"
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Theoneringer
11.20.2012 , 08:57 AM | #1
I have been searching these forums and all of Google for a solution to a problem I'm having, but I have found nothing. So I'm emailing support@swtor.com and posting the same message here.

I beta tested SWtOR back in 2011 and decided to try it again now that it offers a free-to-play model to see whether I still enjoyed the game past level 10 or so. I was definitely still enjoying it at 16 and thinking about buying the game, when my Sith Assassin became locked by an error message that said I needed to validate my email address. I clicked on the link provided, which asked me to enter my email address. When I received the email address, I followed its link, but that one seemed to ask me to change my password. Each time I entered passwords in, including the password I had been using when this started, it gave an error saying, "Unable to verify activation code, click here to request a new one." Clicking "here" only sends me back to the give-us-your-email-address-to-send-a-validation-email that the in-game error had led me to, and all the emails I'm sent send me to the exact same change-your-password page, which always give me the same "Unable to verify" error whether I try a new password or just enter the old one.

If anyone can get me out of this vicious cycle, I'd greatly appreciate it, because it seems to me that this problem would persist even if I subscribed, and it completely locks out a character, though I can still play my lower-level Smuggler. I already tried clearing my cache and cookies, restarting the browser, and requesting a new validation email in that order, a suggested solution from a Bioware representative on these forums.

I'll try just about anything to fix this.

Tirvaak
11.20.2012 , 09:17 AM | #2 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hi Theoneringer,

There is a suggestion that I can give for this. Log out of the game completely and go to www.swtor.com. Login to your account management page and change the email address to a different address that you have access to.

Log back into the game and see if the same problem occurs.

Let me know if this helps.

Tirvaak | Bioware Customer Service - Forum Support

maikaarda
08.11.2014 , 10:50 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Tirvaak View Post
Hi Theoneringer,

There is a suggestion that I can give for this. Log out of the game completely and go to www.swtor.com. Login to your account management page and change the email address to a different address that you have access to.

Log back into the game and see if the same problem occurs.

Let me know if this helps.
Seriously?
I just purchased the subscription after my character reached at Lv 20. But I can't play the game for the reason above.
I don't know why you don't fix that simple bug. Is this game dying? So, you think it doesn't matter?