Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Canon ten most powerful Jedi and Sith.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Canon ten most powerful Jedi and Sith.

Rayla_Felana
11.19.2012 , 04:53 AM | #81
Quote: Originally Posted by carbineaction View Post
where is your proof of that
The Revan novel.... at the end.

seekerofpower
11.19.2012 , 02:36 PM | #82
Quote: Originally Posted by OldVengeance View Post
1 - Darth Nihilus: He is so absurdly overpowered that he eats planets.

2 - The Sith Emperor: He's a close second but he seems to need taxing rituals to feed off of the death of planets.
I just wanted to point out 1 thing here. When Vitiate feeds on a planet, he devours the FORCE, not just the life force of the sentient being, but the actual FORCE ITSELF. So, yes, he needed a ritual, but what he did was more elaborate.
Also, his devouring was a little different, as eating all that life force is what made him (semi)immortal.
"Definition: 'Love' is making a shot to the knees of a target 120 kilometers away using an Aratech sniper rifle with a tri-light scope. Statement: This definition, I am told, is subject to interpretation. Obviously, love is a matter of odds. Not many meatbags could make such a shot, and fewer would derive love from it. Yet for me, love is knowing your target, putting them in your targeting reticle, and together, achieving a singular purpose, against statistically long odds."

OldVengeance
11.19.2012 , 05:09 PM | #83
That's pretty much what Nihilus did too. The bodies of the beings he devoured were left as voids in the force. It's also why he was attracted to Jedi gatherings to feed. Then main difference from what I can tell is that Nihilus was totally consumed by his hunger, all the beings he ate simply went to feed his hunger. So while Nihilus was more efficiently destructive, the Emperor still had some semblance of a personality.

The_NightWatcher
11.19.2012 , 08:17 PM | #84
It's obvious Jabba the Hutt beats all, what with his flubber, he can flatten armies by just sitting on them.

seekerofpower
11.20.2012 , 08:45 AM | #85
Quote: Originally Posted by OldVengeance View Post
That's pretty much what Nihilus did too. The bodies of the beings he devoured were left as voids in the force. It's also why he was attracted to Jedi gatherings to feed. Then main difference from what I can tell is that Nihilus was totally consumed by his hunger, all the beings he ate simply went to feed his hunger. So while Nihilus was more efficiently destructive, the Emperor still had some semblance of a personality.
But Nihilus didn't use the life force of the people he consumed to extend his own life. Also, Nihilus only consumed life force, not the force. That is the difference.
"Definition: 'Love' is making a shot to the knees of a target 120 kilometers away using an Aratech sniper rifle with a tri-light scope. Statement: This definition, I am told, is subject to interpretation. Obviously, love is a matter of odds. Not many meatbags could make such a shot, and fewer would derive love from it. Yet for me, love is knowing your target, putting them in your targeting reticle, and together, achieving a singular purpose, against statistically long odds."

Rayla_Felana
11.20.2012 , 08:55 AM | #86
Quote: Originally Posted by seekerofpower View Post
But Nihilus didn't use the life force of the people he consumed to extend his own life. Also, Nihilus only consumed life force, not the force. That is the difference.
Actually he feasted upon Force Energy, it filled his void and lack of actual force energy and it would continually feed his hunger, but the more force energy he devoured the more he required the next time, he was drawn to planes with high concentrations of Force energy and to where force users had gathered, hence the desolation of Katarr.

Genuine
11.20.2012 , 09:29 AM | #87
Quote: Originally Posted by Rayla_Felana View Post
He is a Jedi Knight in title only, the ONLY reason the Jedi High Council didn't boot him out was because the Public saw him as a hero, they rejected him and his teachings completely, he was not a Jedi and I highly doubt he even saw himself as a Jedi, please 'bias' has nothing to do with it, read the novel.
yes and no it does say all of that in the Revan book but when he was in jail he did mediate with Jedi Techniques and even resit the Jedi code Revan is a hard one to put just in one column
BIOWARE PLEASE RESPOND TO THIS THREAD Collectors edition vendor

Darth_Urtani
11.20.2012 , 11:57 AM | #88
Are people still arguing over Revan? Wow, pathetic. Revan was who you wanted him/her to be. Is s/he weak? Your doing. Did s/he bang one of his/her companions? Maybe, it's all you.

Personally, my Revan, was a sexy female Asian, who got it on with Bastila (thank you mods).

Before some thick headed neanderthal starts spouting "B-but canon!!!!!!". "George Lucas said!!!!", etc
Star Wars lore/canon is laughable at best. I pity you if you take it seriously. Constantly changing, literally bringing beings back from the dead, all of the contradictions, etc.
CE VIP

Wolfninjajedi
11.20.2012 , 12:22 PM | #89
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Urtani View Post
Are people still arguing over Revan? Wow, pathetic. Revan was who you wanted him/her to be. Is s/he weak? Your doing. Did s/he bang one of his/her companions? Maybe, it's all you.

Personally, my Revan, was a sexy female Asian, who got it on with Bastila (thank you mods).

Before some thick headed neanderthal starts spouting "B-but canon!!!!!!". "George Lucas said!!!!", etc
Star Wars lore/canon is laughable at best. I pity you if you take it seriously. Constantly changing, literally bringing beings back from the dead, all of the contradictions, etc.
That was the case before hand, but Revan now isn't a blank slate anymore. So yes canon does matter in the case of Revan, being that he has a face, and information about him. You can't go off of what any person made, because its not Revan there is no blank slate anymore.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

Darth_Urtani
11.20.2012 , 12:28 PM | #90
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
That was the case before hand, but Revan now isn't a blank slate anymore. So yes canon does matter in the case of Revan, being that he has a face, and information about him. You can't go off of what any person made, because its not Revan there is no blank slate anymore.
That's funny, I was playing KOTOR just the other day, I could customize him/her.
The "Revan" in SWTOR and the book(s?) should not be considered canon, besides the way they made him is pathetic at best. But fine, if you want to take everything EAWare or George says completely serious, have fun. Enjoy Han shooting first.

There are fanfics better than the crap these people spewed out. Fact.
CE VIP