Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Have to buy Action bars? REALLY?!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Have to buy Action bars? REALLY?!

jarjarloves's Avatar


jarjarloves
11.19.2012 , 07:40 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Dobah View Post
I don't think you see what I'm saying, I don't mind paying for updates or cosmetics,etc. But paying for a UI function is stupid. I cant play my Level 50 I've had since release without them.

I've already spent $150 for the damn CE and I cant get some action bars?

Give me a break.
btw you got 1000 cartal coins for buying the CE use them to get your action bars and other UI stuff you wanted. Thats enough to by all your quick slot bars back

you have absolutely nothing to complain about.

Dobah's Avatar


Dobah
11.19.2012 , 09:56 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by jarjarloves View Post
btw you got 1000 cartal coins for buying the CE use them to get your action bars and other UI stuff you wanted. Thats enough to by all your quick slot bars back

you have absolutely nothing to complain about.
Exactly what I thought, but sneaky Bioware will only give me the cartel coins if I resub
Doba- Level 50 Assassin
Guild Officer of <Omni>
Twin Spears

jarjarloves's Avatar


jarjarloves
11.20.2012 , 07:18 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Dobah View Post
Exactly what I thought, but sneaky Bioware will only give me the cartel coins if I resub
assuming thats true.. i'm not so sure it is but lets assume it is. Why not just pay the $5 to get cartel coins to buy vanity items which you said you were ok with. Then use the over 1000 cartel coins you got from the CE and buy all the things you need?

Syekuda's Avatar


Syekuda
11.20.2012 , 07:42 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by jarjarloves View Post
btw you got 1000 cartal coins for buying the CE use them to get your action bars and other UI stuff you wanted. Thats enough to by all your quick slot bars back

you have absolutely nothing to complain about.
Yes he does, that's the point. The quick bar slots are a vital function in this game like any other similar mmo's that exist online. At higher levels you need to slots to access your character functions. So yes his complaints matters, to me anyways and he's right about it too.

Imagine if Bioware made restricions to other UI functions like the map for example or the chat window. Those 2 tools which "could" be removed because the player needs them and uses them all the time. It would cost 500 cartel coins to get them to function and appear. The UI MUST BE 100% functionnal at all times because the player needs it to play correctly especially at high levels. I can imagine the kind of complaints Bioware would get. So with your kind of thinking, you wouldn't mind...which doesnt make sense to me.

So sorry if I'm insulting you but you seem to not have lots of knowledge on F2P business model, mmo's and games in general because if you did, you wouldn't dare start a reply on this... really, any "good" gamer out there knows how important the UI is. Most of the time, the UI will determine the success of the game entirely.

Gameplay restriction is one thing but UI is a whole different story. In terms of F2P, swtor is one of the most restrictive games I have ever seen in my life. Getting reminded constantly that I have to pay to get this functionality working is already a pain. Bioware is giving me the message that if I'm not paying then I will be penalysed. Do you really want to give that message to new players ?

Some advice here, remove this restriction on the UI and let the player "consume" the whole game completely until level 50. Then if he wants more, let him pay more. Thats the way f2p should be. Not the other way around. Right now, people are penalysed because they dont pay for certain features.

PS: I do pay for some f2p games which are fine but this one has some pretty wierd f2p business model and "subliminal" message going around.

jarjarloves's Avatar


jarjarloves
11.20.2012 , 08:16 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Syekuda View Post
Yes he does, that's the point. The quick bar slots are a vital function in this game like any other similar mmo's that exist online. At higher levels you need to slots to access your character functions. So yes his complaints matters, to me anyways and he's right about it too.

Imagine if Bioware made restricions to other UI functions like the map for example or the chat window. Those 2 tools which "could" be removed because the player needs them and uses them all the time. It would cost 500 cartel coins to get them to function and appear. The UI MUST BE 100% functionnal at all times because the player needs it to play correctly especially at high levels. I can imagine the kind of complaints Bioware would get. So with your kind of thinking, you wouldn't mind...which doesnt make sense to me.

So sorry if I'm insulting you but you seem to not have lots of knowledge on F2P business model, mmo's and games in general because if you did, you wouldn't dare start a reply on this... really, any "good" gamer out there knows how important the UI is. Most of the time, the UI will determine the success of the game entirely.

Gameplay restriction is one thing but UI is a whole different story. In terms of F2P, swtor is one of the most restrictive games I have ever seen in my life. Getting reminded constantly that I have to pay to get this functionality working is already a pain. Bioware is giving me the message that if I'm not paying then I will be penalysed. Do you really want to give that message to new players ?

Some advice here, remove this restriction on the UI and let the player "consume" the whole game completely until level 50. Then if he wants more, let him pay more. Thats the way f2p should be. Not the other way around. Right now, people are penalysed because they dont pay for certain features.

PS: I do pay for some f2p games which are fine but this one has some pretty wierd f2p business model and "subliminal" message going around.
no you don't seem to understand. He bought the collectors edition. Which means he got well over 1,000 cartel coins.

That means he can use that to purchase the quick slot bars and anything else he needs.

Look at it this way not everyone needs the quick slot bars. So they gave him 1,000 cartal coins to decide how he wants to play. THey could have given him the quick slot bars and 0 cartel coins.

wakafonas's Avatar


wakafonas
11.20.2012 , 08:43 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by jarjarloves View Post
no you don't seem to understand. He bought the collectors edition. Which means he got well over 1,000 cartel coins.

That means he can use that to purchase the quick slot bars and anything else he needs.

Look at it this way not everyone needs the quick slot bars. So they gave him 1,000 cartal coins to decide how he wants to play. THey could have given him the quick slot bars and 0 cartel coins.
no he cant because he wasnt subbed at f2p launch. no sub - no free coins.
Red Eclipse -> Nox Aeterna -> Join us!

jarjarloves's Avatar


jarjarloves
11.20.2012 , 08:48 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by wakafonas View Post
no he cant because he wasnt subbed at f2p launch. no sub - no free coins.
you don't seem to understand they extended it to Dec 20th.

wakafonas's Avatar


wakafonas
11.20.2012 , 08:51 AM | #18
extended what exactly? he still has to sub if he wants his free points. or not? what you don't seem to understand is that he still has to pay for those bars.
Red Eclipse -> Nox Aeterna -> Join us!

Nataph's Avatar


Nataph
11.20.2012 , 09:37 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Syekuda View Post
Bioware is giving me the message that if I'm not paying then I will be penalysed. Do you really want to give that message to new players ?.
If you are NOT paying for the game, you would be penalized... is it that obvious? F2P, they said you could do quests all the way up to 50, they didnt say you would get a total free game and thats including quick slots.
You say you have to sub.. sub one month. is 15$ that bad because if it is that bad for you maybe you shouldnt be spending money on games, internet, monitor, a great pc among other things.
The way i see it, i spend 15$ for 2 hours at the movies, which arent that great so I could easily spend 15$ for a whole month of gameplay.
Even if your complaint is legit, I cannot see the complaint simply because I do pay. I dont play flashpoints. All I am doing now is working on my 4th 50 and I do wz's all the time on most of my characters. To me, thats enough to pay 15$ a month just so I do not need to be creative in how i use my coins. I can just play without penalty. I like my slots, I like my crew skills, I like my gear and all the wz's i can play. I play around 60 hours a month. 15$ for 60 hours is a deal to me.
The Bastion

55's Ixzaran Aar'siah Hâdassah Hada'ssah Nashata Nataph Sashasa

jarjarloves's Avatar


jarjarloves
11.20.2012 , 09:48 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by wakafonas View Post
extended what exactly? he still has to sub if he wants his free points. or not? what you don't seem to understand is that he still has to pay for those bars.
ok how is he being penalized for not paying for the game? If McDonalds gives me a free 6 piece nuggets but no fries or drinks. I don't say I am being penalized for eating free nuggets.

How dare you McDonalds. I spent money here before I deserve these free nuggets, drink and fries. You are forcing me to spend money if I want to have a full meal.