Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Graphical Glitch - Devastator's Double-Bladed Lightsaber

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Graphical Glitch - Devastator's Double-Bladed Lightsaber

cloudblade
11.19.2012 , 07:11 PM | #1
Has anyone else noticed THIS glitch? After having the saber out for awhile, I only end up with half a saber. It resolves once I sheath and redraw my weapon, but it's kind of annoying.
Bitte, Beefcakestud, Filet, Slant
Pansy, Choco
GM of <Wrath> and <Wrth>
The Ebon Hawk

BIG_M
11.19.2012 , 07:16 PM | #2
I noticed while using Voltaic Slash but didnt mind it was a nice change to the double bladed light saber
Harbinger Midian
Arach Allrianne
Krezlarz
Tarhi

Spinaltapp
11.19.2012 , 08:05 PM | #3
Yeah I get this also. It happens only after using clairvoyant strike.

SumZed
11.28.2012 , 02:39 PM | #4
yep... in the beginning, I thought it was pretty cool that I can weild it as a 1-handed saber (on my Assassin) kind of like how Darth Maul got introduced in Episode 1, until the second blade popped out *and everyone gasped!!!*

then it gets annoying for disappearing after a certain attack or "destroying a stash" of something... it's like the sniper rifle being held with 1-hand glitch after doing things...

Lionflash
11.28.2012 , 02:45 PM | #5
^^ yeah I haven't experienced this for myself yet, but I think it looks kinda cool. Like a new sightsaber stance was added for single sabers.

I would imagine that not every animation looks good though.

BadOrb
11.28.2012 , 02:58 PM | #6
I was going to post a thread like this too , It happens to me all the time really nearly after killing each mob. It's odd tho because when I strike an enemy with it being one bladed the other blade appears ( very thinly ) then disappears again. Then after the mob is dead and after sheathing it , when you press z to take it out again It has the double blade again.

Cheers,

BadOrb.
'Ah you think micro transactions are your ally ? The DLC betrays you because it belongs to me , when your home world is monetized , you have my permission to buy'.
"Oh goody. Lord Douchebag McFuzzlebunny can now be related to me if he see's my legacy name and decides he likes it." quote from Selvec 09/06/12

Anakis
11.28.2012 , 03:41 PM | #7
Yep I also noticed this on my Shadow with the Cartel double blade saber. Bioware really needs to make a bug pass on weapon bugs cuz they are bad and been in game for ages. For example, the blades sometimes staying lit when holstered, the companions always having the saber lit when called and it remaining in the world after dismissed. The weird way you hold your weapon after attacking a destructible object with it, and how Z does not work to holster the weapon if you are running. You have to let go of the movement keys to get Z to holster it.
--- The Harbinger ---
Esri, Vezpa, Kaycey

Dierdrea
12.13.2012 , 05:51 PM | #8
Can this be fixed, it is also affecting the Warmaster's Double-Bladed Lightsaber as well. To test this, all you have to do is draw out your blade and do an overload. It messes up the graphics.

LukeSaberRattler
12.13.2012 , 05:58 PM | #9
It is something that needs a fix but at times in can look pretty cool.
The Harbinger
Skabiin lvl 55 DPS Juggernaut -- Skaviin lvl 50 DPS Guardian -- Kappo lvl 55 DPS Sniper -- Verucaa'Salt lvl 47 Tank Vangaurd -- Snozzberry lvl 44 DPS Gunslinger -- Vermicious'knid lvl 45 Tank Shadow -- Viizla lvl 37 DPS Mercenary -- Okiira lvl 37 DPS Sentinel

FlatOut_nlF
01.06.2013 , 03:42 PM | #10
Same is happening to me, very annoying!!