Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Force bubble way OP

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Force bubble way OP
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

azzhealy
11.18.2012 , 06:14 PM | #291
Ladies and Gentlemen,

If you do not find the bubble spec has become an exploit you don't PvP enough, Ranked Warzones on our server has ceased to be competitive when 8 people know how to use the bubble to there advantage.

If it was only a "defensive ability" for you, it wouldn't be a problem. But it gives your whole team a free, instant, on demand, 3 second AOE hard stun that doesn't respect the GCD, and doesn't add the correct amount of resolve. Oh, and has a 17 sec CD?

No one is saying that Sorcs/Sages don't need this as a defensive CD, or that the bubbles blind should be removed. It's the fact that it's now a hard stun and only adds the resolve of a Mez, and that it can be cast on your whole team and clicked off at will for the stun. Its the fact that it turns your whole team into a mass stun team.

BW know it isn't adding the correct amount of resolve. They know it's turning sub par teams all over the place into un-killable stun machines. And it's just a matter of time before the ability gets fixed.

When fiction becomes footage watch the link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBV7H92uRG8

END OPINION
The Mahkai Legacy Level 50
The Bastion The Harbinger

Kaile
11.18.2012 , 09:15 PM | #292
Quote: Originally Posted by MusicRider View Post
Actually I have in the past as a hybrid sage. Awesome sentinels with bubble stun will leap, click and debuff their bubble, stunning you for 3 secs, in which case if you are without a bubble stun yourself be prepared to be ravaged and smashed, or if you have a bubble stun they will dot, move out of range, blade storm you, back on range and smash you, while in the meantime you are probably looking for your own bubble icon to click.
Meh. That's more of an isolated incident and doesn't the force leap stun you anyway?

MusicRider
11.18.2012 , 09:48 PM | #293
Quote: Originally Posted by Kaile View Post
Meh. That's more of an isolated incident and doesn't the force leap stun you anyway?
No, leap doesn't do enough damage to break the bubble.

fungihoujo
11.18.2012 , 09:53 PM | #294
Quote: Originally Posted by KiranK View Post
The only thing you've affirmed is that the PvP community has no reason to have any faith in you or the other EABioware devs what-so-ever. The best you can give us is "we''re looking into other ways to continue to allow it to be OP" when the skill was fine to begin with. Now it's straight up broken. You guys must eat, sleep, and breath cluelessness. No MMO will ever get PvP right.
This- everyone (except marauders) have been saying that mara is grossly OP since 1.2, yet BW hasn't done anything to deal with that in the slightest. The pvp community lost faith with them a very long time ago because BW not only did nothing, they buffed up the mara until they had 3 viable specs- while ignore classes that didn't have one. Why expect them to know what they're doing suddenly?

Sorcs have been posting essay length descriptions on everything wrong with the class since the 1.2 nerf that completely annihilated their damage, mobility and survivability- and of all the things that were asked for- from mobile casting to harder hitting 31 point skills to dot protection to a faster heal to a consumption system that is good enough for players to go full healing rather than having to go lightning effusion. Or scaling on par with the rate that melee dps scales with gear.

Nobody was asking for more CC. Of course, with how awful BW's thought process has been with the sorc- I'd like to not see another nerf because they aren't going to balance- they'll just nerf hammer them into the ground again and kill off the already pitiful number of them left.

This game's CC is off the charts for all classes though- resolve needs to simply effect all CC- snares, roots, stuns, mezzes, interrupts. Stop making it so that someone can be chain shut down- nobody likes staring at the screen useless as endless CC is applied to them.

fungihoujo
11.18.2012 , 09:54 PM | #295
Quote: Originally Posted by Kaile View Post
Leap roots, which can be better alot of the time since it gives no resolve- the abundance of marauder roots is a big part of the reason they're top dog.

KiranK
11.19.2012 , 12:42 AM | #296
Quote: Originally Posted by fungihoujo View Post
This- everyone (except marauders) have been saying that mara is grossly OP since 1.2, yet BW hasn't done anything to deal with that in the slightest. The pvp community lost faith with them a very long time ago because BW not only did nothing, they buffed up the mara until they had 3 viable specs- while ignore classes that didn't have one. Why expect them to know what they're doing suddenly?

Sorcs have been posting essay length descriptions on everything wrong with the class since the 1.2 nerf that completely annihilated their damage, mobility and survivability- and of all the things that were asked for- from mobile casting to harder hitting 31 point skills to dot protection to a faster heal to a consumption system that is good enough for players to go full healing rather than having to go lightning effusion. Or scaling on par with the rate that melee dps scales with gear.

Nobody was asking for more CC. Of course, with how awful BW's thought process has been with the sorc- I'd like to not see another nerf because they aren't going to balance- they'll just nerf hammer them into the ground again and kill off the already pitiful number of them left.

This game's CC is off the charts for all classes though- resolve needs to simply effect all CC- snares, roots, stuns, mezzes, interrupts. Stop making it so that someone can be chain shut down- nobody likes staring at the screen useless as endless CC is applied to them.
I agree that sorcs needed help, but this change is just stupid. Why, oh why, can you I be stunned nearly 5 times in succession before my resolve gets close to filling? Never mind that it continues to deplete while I am stunned and in between stuns, which only makes it take longer. Add roots on top of that and I'm essentially a saber wielding totem pole. Stack the RETARDED resolve change on top of that and a WZ vs. lightning sorcs may as well be slitting my wrists.
There's no QQing in baseball.

islander
11.19.2012 , 09:25 AM | #297
If it weren't for the way force bubbles CAN work now, there'd be no point to the spec at all. None. I'd just switch back to corruption/madness hybrid. That way I could do 2-3 times the damage and still keep 90% of my healing numbers.

The only 'nerf' that should happen to the backlash on bubble break is IF it's not properly filling resolve on each stun. I'm not sure if it is or not, I really don't get hit by opponent's bubble break (you know, being ranged and all)Then again, that's not a nerf, that's a bug fix.

Finally, any melee QQing about being stunned often is just used to being OP and treating heal spec sorcerers as pinatas with their uncoordinated button mashing. Even today, I'm seriously stunned 7-8 seconds out of every 20 I'm alive by a good pre-made opponent in a normal warzone. The difference now? I survive a lot longer then I used to.
Let's not forget sorcs are the only class with garbage armor AND forced to turret heal others.

I feel like I'm in a pretty good place now. It's not like I retired my sorc before this. I have been PvPing with him since the second month of the game. Through the good times and the bad.
Gėllies Erimosi, Imperial Deadeye
<Hex> Prophecy of the Five

LarryRow
11.19.2012 , 10:07 AM | #298
Quote: Originally Posted by Minack View Post
The bubble stun is a joke in WZs now. Increase the amount of resolve it fills and disable the option to click it off.
This is all that is required, as these are the broken, unintended elements anyway.

Like other posters, I'm open to some buffs as compensation.
A classic sig that should not be lost:
Quote:
Stunned , pew pew hack slash , stunned , running backward circles, stunned cannot move, pew pew, break stun, 30 second snare, wha?!?!!? stunned, knockdown, ...less stun more pew pew and hacknslash please.

dscount
11.19.2012 , 10:43 AM | #299
Meh - I think SORC/SAGE class has been nerfed enough in this game. Playing a SORC in PVP is almost useless now and people want to nerf what's left? I play my SORC in PVP and spend a portion of my time throwing bubbles and ranged damage. Yeah, really fun to spend time being stunned with two MDPS in your face constantly. But it's my favorite class and I'll keep playing. I still manage to rake in the Medals and Comm's. Hopefully BW will get things a tad more even someday. (Until then less and less of this class will be doing PVP for lack of fun factor)

NERF the MELEE if you want to QQ about unfair advantage. If I want to be lazy I just hop on my under geared MARA and wipe out the bubble casting SORC/SAGE's with a face roll on my keyboard. Lets be real here - BW isn't going to nerf that class for obvious "catering to the lazy" FOTM.

IDEA: Balance out PVP matches by Expertise level. (IE: 0-900, 901-1100 and 1101+)
Sage/Sorc Gate 2013 Combat DEV LOL Responses:
"...you must play defensively and make them pay for trying to kill you."
"...require a higher skill level than many players are comfortable with."

Solarenergy
11.19.2012 , 11:03 AM | #300
Quote: Originally Posted by dscount View Post
Meh - I think SORC/SAGE class has been nerfed enough in this game. Playing a SORC in PVP is almost useless now and people want to nerf what's left? I play my SORC in PVP and spend a portion of my time throwing bubbles and ranged damage. Yeah, really fun to spend time being stunned with two MDPS in your face constantly. But it's my favorite class and I'll keep playing. I still manage to rake in the Medals and Comm's. Hopefully BW will get things a tad more even someday. (Until then less and less of this class will be doing PVP for lack of fun factor)

NERF the MELEE if you want to QQ about unfair advantage. If I want to be lazy I just hop on my under geared MARA and wipe out the bubble casting SORC/SAGE's with a face roll on my keyboard. Lets be real here - BW isn't going to nerf that class for obvious "catering to the lazy" FOTM.

IDEA: Balance out PVP matches by Expertise level. (IE: 0-900, 901-1100 and 1101+)
Everybody complains so much about mercs and commandos being underpowered but the elephant in the room is never addressed: the dps sage/sorc. Lightning sorc is pretty much unplayable. Was messing around with respeccing last night, as it's now free for subbers. I tried a full lightning and it was horrible, could only do it for one match. Then I specced the fad that's in these days, the hybrid healer, for a few warzones and it was pretty much just an invitation to get focused and killed every time I spawned. Nothing gets you noticed more than electric bindings and a bubble that explodes in a blinding flash. I found I had more survivablitiy without those things as I wouldn't get noticed as much and therefore wouldn't be targeted by 3 or 4 enemies every time I came out of the spawn zone. Respecced back to full heals asap.