Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Lightside Sith

Chaloss
11.19.2012 , 04:11 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Bleeters View Post
Confused why people are recommending Inquisitor for a light side character. it works to a point, but act three all but beats you over the head with a sign saying "your character is dark side, deal with it". I found it practically impossible to walk out the the Xalek recruitment scene or the activation of the Silencer feeling that my character had been acting remotely consistently with being light sided.

I mean, ok. I can appreciate that a light inquisitor isn't truely light sided, and is effectively still a sith without being a sociopathic murdering dark side jerk, but you'll still inevitably get to the point of being asked to choose between supporting blatant murder, blatantly murdering yourself, or telling another character to shut the hell up whilst he's criticising someone for being a blatant murderer, who you apparently want on your crew. And blowing up an entire fleet as part of your personal power struggle. It's hard to equate that with a tempered, compassionate personality.
Using weapon in battle is such a dark side option? I would understand if it was civilian ships or planet, but warships that were trying to blow up imperial ship?

Inquisitor is fighting for his survival and it is made perfectly clear that you do not have time for another apprentice so Xalek is unavoidable.

Bleeters
11.19.2012 , 10:16 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Chaloss View Post
Using weapon in battle is such a dark side option? I would understand if it was civilian ships or planet, but warships that were trying to blow up imperial ship?
Spoiler

Quote:
Inquisitor is fighting for his survival and it is made perfectly clear that you do not have time for another apprentice so Xalek is unavoidable.
Spoiler

Xargyn
11.19.2012 , 05:36 PM | #13
You can also:
Spoiler

I also agree the Inquisitor story lends itself better for a Dark sided character, and still say that the Warrior lends itself better for a Light sided character. Just look at the starter companions each class gets. While Vette is no angel, she leans a lot further toward the light than Khem Val does.
CE VIP Remember when this was a big deal?

Chaloss
11.19.2012 , 11:14 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Xargyn View Post
You can also:
Spoiler

I also agree the Inquisitor story lends itself better for a Dark sided character, and still say that the Warrior lends itself better for a Light sided character. Just look at the starter companions each class gets. While Vette is no angel, she leans a lot further toward the light than Khem Val does.
Khem Val is a weapon that does what you tell him. Speaking of companions warrior third one pushes it towards dark I would say.

OldVengeance
11.20.2012 , 04:34 AM | #15
Vette is a mostly lightside character but Quinn, Peirce and Broonmark are all darkside.

Altheran
11.20.2012 , 05:09 AM | #16
Khem Val is a weapon that does what you tell him. Speaking of companions warrior third one pushes it towards dark I would say.
The Warrior's third one pushes into dark ? The third one is Jaesa if I'm not mistaking, and she doesn't push you into a particular side until you push her yourself into it.

Xargyn
11.20.2012 , 04:38 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by OldVengeance View Post
Vette is a mostly lightside character but Quinn, Peirce and Broonmark are all darkside.
Pierce and Broonmark both like a high body count, but Quinn is about strategy and loyalty to the Empire.

ALL companions are weapons that do what you tell them. And Jaesa is whatever alignment the warrior decides to make her. She doesn't push the warrior either way.
CE VIP Remember when this was a big deal?

OldVengeance
11.20.2012 , 11:46 PM | #18
Quinn is the consummate Imperial solider. He strongly believes in loyalty to Imperial ideals and the Sith. As such he mostly supports darkside acts and Imperial creed. He'll approve of racism, and showing no mercy to your enemies.

maxetius
11.22.2012 , 06:37 PM | #19
The Inquisitor makes the most sense Light-side. You are a former slave, and many dialogue choices make light of this, including that you have no love of the Empire due to being a slave.

Opposite of the Warrior, who is painted from the get go as a 'chosen one.' and all your other opponents fear and hate you for this reason. Vs say, the Inquisitor, where your first aquaintance is a meek fellow slave.

Arikgrover
11.23.2012 , 05:09 AM | #20
If you look at it from an RP point of wiev, the warrior is born and bred Sith, with both parents being Sith.
The Inq. how ever is slave and as such much more open.

On a personal level i am having so much fun shooting lightning at random people. There are several places that go:

Me: /Friendly Hi
NCP: I will give you nothing even if you torture me. or: Please dont hurt me.
Me: Than for reminding me /shock
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?