Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Bioware it's time to NERF Snipers/Gunslinger. All read please.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Bioware it's time to NERF Snipers/Gunslinger. All read please.

Swanea
11.18.2012 , 10:48 PM | #41
I don't understand how this isn't about how OP operatives are, double you tee eff mate! Nerf em into the ground.

Also, I hear the hard counter to Sniper/Gunslinger is...well...LoS.
Swanea Stormrider

WAR - WoW - LotRO - SWG
Internecion - Apex - FotR - EE/BoT/SWoT

Ramtar
11.18.2012 , 11:23 PM | #42
Quote: Originally Posted by Technohic View Post
What I take from all this is a complaint that there is still a ranged DPS class where the range actually is a benefit from the melee DPS, while the other 2 ranged DPS largely has a hard time staying at range, and of course is not as well suited for the melee brawling they eventually will find themselves in.

In stead of nerf; I call for Merc/commando and Sage/sorce range DPS to be buffed to be as good as sniper. Not sure if sage or sorce is already. Know merc isn't
Just have the devs remove the access to self heal when selecting the DPS trees and you got a deal.

HuaRya
11.19.2012 , 12:39 AM | #43
Snipers are already nerfed. Their best attack of ranged shots are only the distance of a typical jedi/sith jump leap-lunge attack.

criminalheretic
11.19.2012 , 01:08 AM | #44
Quote: Originally Posted by HuaRya View Post
Snipers are already nerfed. Their best attack of ranged shots are only the distance of a typical jedi/sith jump leap-lunge attack.
Yeah, except for the part where they can't leap to you....

Snipers are fine, and might be the only class that always has been. They don't need a nerf or buff...
What we don't understand, we can make mean anything.
Hyperspace Cannon -> Drooga's -> The Harbinger

Beansoup
11.19.2012 , 01:17 AM | #45
Is this suppposed to be some kind of sardonic jest? I mean I can kill folks more efficiently on any other class than my MM Sniper.

I love the challenge though, hence I play a sniper as my main.

...Sorry for the lolsmash 6k AOE nerf abilty that roots us and is usefull only outside the group or you will jump on somone near me and it's instant 6k AOE damage to me too , reaaallly sorry about that. Maybe we should just stand without cover naked for you to jump lolsmash on our face 24/7, that would make you happy, right?
B e a n s o u p
The one man institution you can always trust to deliver. Quality bartending at the Guilded Cantina since the fifth thread

Loladarulz
11.19.2012 , 02:05 AM | #46
Quote: Originally Posted by criminalheretic View Post
Yeah, except for the part where they can't leap to you....

Snipers are fine, and might be the only class that always has been. They don't need a nerf or buff...
Sents cant leap to snipers - if you use cover.

Larry_Dallas
11.19.2012 , 02:49 AM | #47
Quote: Originally Posted by NogueiraA View Post
Stop looking at mara's and powertechs for a few minutes. Look at snipers...
No, it's not a QQ thread, because I have 4 toons valor 60+ and a sniper valor 52.

Let's look at the defensive abilities sniper's have.

- Cover - You cant jump him.

- Entrench - immune of ALL control abilities, lasts 20 seconds... 20 seconds IMMUNE of all CC's, knockbacks, whatever... Force Shroud lasts 5 secs.. 45 secs cooldown.

- Debilitate - stun the target for 4 seconds, NOT breaks on damage. 45 secs coodown.
- Flashbang - stun the target for 8 seconds, breaks on damage. 1 min cooldown.

- Leg Shot - instant root, lasts 5 seconds, breaks if damage after 2 seconds... He can use leg shot, shoot you before 2 seconds, you can do nothing and you will wait more 3 seconds until the root finish. 16 secs cooldown.

- Shield Probe - Absorb damage for 15 seconds. 45 secs cooldown.

- Evasion - dodge melee and ranged atacks by 100% chance, lasts 3 seconds. 1 min cooldown.

- Ballistic Shield - deploys a giant shield reducing the damge taken for you and all allies by 20%, lasts 15 secs. 3 min cooldown.

- Cover Pulse - knocks your target to the moon, AND root 5 seconds. Breaks if damage after 2 seconds, he can shoot you before 2 seconds, you can do nothing and you will wait more 3 seconds until the root finish. 30 secs cooldown.

- Shatter Shot - Reduce the target armor by 20% for 45 secs. Inflicts Trauma for 9 secs and reduce all healing the target receives by 20%. 5 secs cooldown.

- Ambush knockback - Marksmanship has a 1 point talent: When Ambush strikes a target within 10 meters, the target is knocked back several meters.

So 11 defensive tools, a LOT OF damage, you guys know how much hurts each shoot from a sniper. He can kill you in 3 GCD.

Seriously Bioware, this class NEEDS a huge nerf.

"just LOS him"... No, melee class has no gap closer against snipers.
L2P? Ok, roll a melee and try to kill a sniper.

English i'ts not my first language, sorry for mistakes.
Thanks.
Class has a lot of good tools. It also can't get around well at all and is extremely vulnerable whenever it tries to.

Only thing I don't like about the class is that flashbang's a 30m ability. That should, imo, either be a 10m ability or other classes should get their ranged stun back (and fix resolve to what it was, while you're at it). Just my opinion.

Larry_Dallas
11.19.2012 , 02:54 AM | #48
Quote: Originally Posted by ArchangelLBC View Post
Seconded though my understanding is that Hybrid sage/sorc is actually in a pretty good place atm.
Both lightning hybrids are really effective currently, but at a significant cost to their supposed "primary" function (DPS or heals). Lightning/madness' damage potential is 25-30% lower than pure madness, for example. And the hybrid healers output little in comparison to any true heal spec.

Of course, this doesn't necessarily matter if the entire enemy team spends the entire warzone stunned.

stringcat
11.19.2012 , 03:31 AM | #49
Quote: Originally Posted by Larry_Dallas View Post
Class has a lot of good tools. It also can't get around well at all and is extremely vulnerable whenever it tries to.

Only thing I don't like about the class is that flashbang's a 30m ability. That should, imo, either be a 10m ability or other classes should get their ranged stun back (and fix resolve to what it was, while you're at it). Just my opinion.
Why should it be a 10m? It's a mezz, not a stun, and it's not intended to be a defensive skill. Nor can it be used, for example, to freeze people in the fires. (Snipers' STUN is 4m. The QQ that people have about a 10m stun is just absurd.)

Your "fix" would make it pretty worthless as an ability for snipers. Which may be the goal, but **** that, I say. I'l be happy to trade flashbang 10m if our stun were expanded to 30m. Since apparently a 30m stun is appropriate.
Valiya Illegal Test Kitchen The Bastion

Pexalottle
11.19.2012 , 03:35 AM | #50
Quote: Originally Posted by cashogy View Post
rock, meet paper
This, the hardest counters for snipers and GS's are burst stealthers.
Pex (The Orso Legacy) - The Harbinger
APAC player subbed since Jan '12