Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

FTP is Too "Free". Please adjust model.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
FTP is Too "Free". Please adjust model.

Kudach
11.19.2012 , 12:45 AM | #91
Quote: Originally Posted by AMKSED View Post
This games story isn't worth $15. It should be free
^
The "story" content alone is only a few hrs long the quests are easy and short the only good thing about them is the cinematic which explain whats going on in the first place. The rest of the content is boring general MMO quests.

And yes I have played all the class quest all the way through
Sith Assassin * There is no hope for you... Jedi.
(██████████████}|Ξ[!(Θ)!]Ξ|{██████████████)

SickSwag
11.19.2012 , 12:51 AM | #92
OP is right, not allowing F2P players to do things like run wasn't enough. They shouldn't be allowed to even walk or explore outside of towns.

Retsopmi
11.19.2012 , 12:55 AM | #93
Quote: Originally Posted by Klarick View Post
Dear Bioware,

As a Founder and subscriber, I'm a little dismayed that you are willing to give away so much of the game, that I pay for each month. Dont get me wrong, I like FTP options as I do think they are beneficial to the ongoing development of a game. However, the path you have chosen is unpredented in how much it gives for nothing.

A person can play the entire storyline of every class in the game, on either side of the conflict, without paying a dime! Really? That's a bit much IMO, and sort of a slap to us that pay monthly. As a suggestion I would like to see a more LOTRO type of model where a FTP'r has to buy quest packs and zone unlocks in order to progress. This method allows the FTP'ers a choice in what parts of the game they want to play WITHOUT angering those that pay a monthly subscription.

What you have done here is decide to just give the game away. I trust you know what you are doing here, but I, for one, am not too crazy about it.

Thank you,

Klarick
FOUNDER
You don't have to buy anything in Lotro. EVERYTHING can be earned in game if you are willing to put the time in.

Here they are charging for hotbars.

I agree. This game should be more like Lotro. It might not get closed down in a year then.

Seymour
11.19.2012 , 02:06 AM | #94
Dear Bioware,

As a Founder and subscriber, I'm a little dismayed that you are willing to give away so much of the game, that I pay for each month.

Klarick
FOUNDER
Just. Stop.

I, too, am a subscriber and a "founder" This entitles me to nothing more than a pat on the back and a title in game. I do not get a free ride on the whambulance to the Dev Hospital.

Not that much is being "given away". It could be worse (better?).

How absurd.

Dryerwulf
11.19.2012 , 02:26 AM | #95
Just unsubscribe already!

(in case you didn't get it, every thread complaining about the restrictions on preferred and free to play is always responded to with a "just subscribe already!")

pan_sObak
11.19.2012 , 02:37 AM | #96
Quote: Originally Posted by annabethchase View Post
I think they should have had to buy the box to get the storylines personally.
Agreed.
It's a very good idea to give for FTP one story free and have people pay for any other class and story.
And of course Flashpoints, WZ and artifact armor restrictions.

Quote: Originally Posted by annabethchase View Post
Also, I really wish they weren't allowed to que up for hard modes in their non-artifact gear. It's not good enough for the content.
They can not use artifact gear - so they get nothing usefull from HM, so HM also should be restricted for FTP.
Tomb of Freedon Nadd, Pansobak Legacy
Merc 55, Jugg 55, Sorc 55, Sin 55, Sage 55, Guns 55, Vang 55, Comm 55, Sent 55

Craft: Bio 450, Cyber 450, Arm 450, Armor 450, Art 450, Syth 450- no use of them!

Rezakh
11.19.2012 , 02:37 AM | #97
Dear Bioware,

As a Founder and subscriber, I'm a little dismayed that you are willing to give away so much of the game, that I pay for each month. Dont get me wrong, I like FTP options as I do think they are beneficial to the ongoing development of a game. However, the path you have chosen is unpredented in how much it gives for nothing.

A person can play the entire storyline of every class in the game, on either side of the conflict, without paying a dime! Really? That's a bit much IMO, and sort of a slap to us that pay monthly. As a suggestion I would like to see a more LOTRO type of model where a FTP'r has to buy quest packs and zone unlocks in order to progress. This method allows the FTP'ers a choice in what parts of the game they want to play WITHOUT angering those that pay a monthly subscription.

What you have done here is decide to just give the game away. I trust you know what you are doing here, but I, for one, am not too crazy about it.

Thank you,

Klarick
FOUNDER
This has to be a troll. However, its somewhat convincing, so in the case that you're not:

This game is insanely monetized for F2Pers that its outrageous. Like if I were to tell my son, "here's your free car, from Dad" and its an 80's model Subaru with no axles, wheels, tires, steering wheel, seats, steering column, engine, transmission, or floor board and he has to pay me every time he wants to install a new part, start it, shift gears, change lanes, change speeds, use the turn signal.

Rezakh
11.19.2012 , 02:40 AM | #98
Quote: Originally Posted by pan_sObak View Post
They can not use artifact gear - so they get nothing usefull from HM, so HM also should be restricted for FTP.
BW is letting F2Pers experience them in the hopes that they'll want to come back and buy them. How likely would it be for an average person to purchase a car if they were denied the opportunity to test drive it or even look inside of it/sit in it?

Before you fry the fish you have to land him and you're not going to do that without luring him to the hook and getting him to bite.

Talosred
11.19.2012 , 02:44 AM | #99
Has a founder and current subscriber I see nothing wrong with the model.

And the founder title is just a in-game thing dude, less I missed a post somewhere.

ImperialSun
11.19.2012 , 02:48 AM | #100
Whilst I can't agree with the OPs sentiment and being a founder myself, find it really cringe worthy that anyone would see fit to end a post with the "founder" stamp

I would like to ask all of the posters hating on the current F2P model, how WOULD you implement it?

Over the last few days the vast majority of posts I have read state that all of the UI features and customization options should be free...all of the sotry should be free...WZs / FPs / Ops should be increased to like 10 a week...the list of demands for what should constitute F2P goes on and on.

This all seems to infer nothing more than a "give me all of the game for nothing and lelt me play all that the game has to offer without ever supporting it financially"! attitude.

So...how WOULD you all implement the F2P "option" without undermining the value of those that DO support the game and pay a sub?

Driz