Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Nerf

Sir_Galapagos
11.18.2012 , 11:44 PM | #1
Who remembers when operatives could come out of stealth and do 6k damage with one ability? Who enjoyed getting hit for 6k with one attack? Who thought they needed a nerf?
Well months later we have the same problem except with rage juggs/maras. They leap to you and do 6k with the first attack. How is this not nerfed yet. If operatives aren't allowed to 6k in one ability certainly the much more tanky juggs and maras shouldn't be able to either.

and thats why rage juggs and maras NEED A NERF (so do pyro-techs)
]█=]]]]]]▒▒▒{█=████████████████████████████████)

dejavy
11.19.2012 , 12:13 AM | #2
Gunslinger can make 9k with 1 CD but hushhhhhh

AMKSED
11.19.2012 , 12:23 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Sir_Galapagos View Post
Who remembers when operatives could come out of stealth and do 6k damage with one ability? Who enjoyed getting hit for 6k with one attack? Who thought they needed a nerf?
Well months later we have the same problem except with rage juggs/maras. They leap to you and do 6k with the first attack. How is this not nerfed yet. If operatives aren't allowed to 6k in one ability certainly the much more tanky juggs and maras shouldn't be able to either.

Yeah, Operatives could open with a 6-8k opener.....but then keep hitting you for 4-5k then move on to the next. While I do agree derpsmash is stupid its not even close to what Operatives could do

KettleBelll
11.19.2012 , 01:19 AM | #4
Operatives

- Stun lock people to unsub (you were stunned, then dead, without a chance to play)
- can stealth away
- ranged autoattack
- able to self heal some
- lethal dps

Guardian

- Has to jump in to attack
- no get out of jail free card
- would kill for a ranged autoattack
- lethal dps

I think they should make all the Operative Stuns work as badly as Force Statis, IMO.

Loladarulz
11.19.2012 , 02:11 AM | #5
If you are well geared operatives can't kill you like that anymore. Used to die to them like that before.. once you start to get into WH gear they can't do so much dmg.

Sents/Jugs need to be kited, they can't smash that often. Focus juggs/maras are very bad dps if used without smash, if smash is nerfed, than other attacks need buffs - or noone will play them at all.

Beansoup
11.19.2012 , 02:17 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by AMKSED View Post
Yeah, Operatives could open with a 6-8k opener.....but then keep hitting you for 4-5k then move on to the next. While I do agree derpsmash is stupid its not even close to what Operatives could do
As a MM Sniper, they are my bane. Best was 2 shotted by a Scoundrel.

...Yes, I have augmented WH gear, and it didn't help.
B e a n s o u p
The one man institution you can always trust to deliver. Quality bartending at the Guilded Cantina since the fifth thread

Loladarulz
11.19.2012 , 02:23 AM | #7
Light armor hurts it seems - with sent one cant kill me like that anymore - besides initial burst they don't do enough dmg. But sent has medium armor + defensive cd if available helps.

BoDiE
11.19.2012 , 03:34 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Sir_Galapagos View Post

Nerf Maras.
epicfail
Nothing ever good comes from gaming forums.

DweezillKagemand
11.19.2012 , 03:43 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by KettleBelll View Post
Operatives

- Stun lock people to unsub (you were stunned, then dead, without a chance to play)
- can stealth away
- ranged autoattack
- able to self heal some
- lethal dps

Guardian

- Has to jump in to attack
- no get out of jail free card
- would kill for a ranged autoattack
- lethal dps

I think they should make all the Operative Stuns work as badly as Force Statis, IMO.
Stealth has a 2 minute cooldown, son. Plus, you can pull me out of it and the stealth detection in this game is ridiculous.

Also, you have Guardian Leap, which is one of the best defensive abilities ever, for both you and the person you're using it on. You can instantly leap out harms way to one of your ranged DPS.

Has to jump in to attack? Son, Operative has to run in, we don't even have a proper gap closer. Plus our nuke requires us to be in stealth and behind the target in melee range without being pulled from stealth AND it hits for less than smash and smash is an AoE. Not to mention the fact that it's guaranteed crit, hidden strike isn't.

Sure, take my stun, if I get an AoE that allows me to crit 5 people for 6k consistantly.

You really can't compare Guardian to Operative.
Dweezill
Top Hatin' Player

Zeaza
11.19.2012 , 04:17 AM | #10
I disagree that rage juggs needs a nerf . But vanish needs to be removed from maras and gbtf needs to be remade into working as resiliance ..