Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

REST xp and BOOST xp does NOT stack

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
REST xp and BOOST xp does NOT stack

Troezar
11.19.2012 , 12:48 AM | #11
It may not stack for mob XP but it does stack for quest completion XP. At least the major boost to all sources does for my level 40 Op.

nicosand
11.19.2012 , 12:54 AM | #12
Holy crap, how can you ppl even complain about THIS???
gosh darn... Here you lots of xp boost consumables, that u can use after your rested bonus is depleted, and still thats not good enuff?? Holy christ what are the world coming to... I feel really sad for the devs...

BTW, this post is not aimed at the OP

scullzomben
11.19.2012 , 01:07 AM | #13
Not quite sure what you guys are talking about. Me and a friend are levelling together at the moment, both the same level. We are grouped and kill an elite -

He got ~3200 exp with both rested exp and a general exp boost.
I got ~2750 exp with only rested exp.

Soluss
11.19.2012 , 01:09 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Kortan View Post
they do stack.

I was getting 4,000-6,000XP for killing elite mobs on Belsavis
And how much were you getting with just the boost or just the rest xp?
James Ohlen: " For 2012 we really want players to feel like they're getting their money's worth. You're going to see so many changes and additions to the Star Wars Universe. It's going to be impressive. We have our Update 1.2 coming in the next week and then after that it's going to continue to roll out month after month. It's exciting."

Soluss
11.19.2012 , 01:10 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Andryah View Post
Exactly!

And it says right on the tool tips that it does not stack.
Its also a way of having permanant rest xp ... if you pay enough cash for it.
James Ohlen: " For 2012 we really want players to feel like they're getting their money's worth. You're going to see so many changes and additions to the Star Wars Universe. It's going to be impressive. We have our Update 1.2 coming in the next week and then after that it's going to continue to roll out month after month. It's exciting."

Troezar
11.19.2012 , 01:17 AM | #16
You go to every thread and have digs about cash....on the flip side I bet you have lots of spare time on your hands...

Knockerz
11.19.2012 , 01:36 AM | #17
Exactly!

And it says right on the tool tips that it does not stack.
That sucks. I was planning on use them to level faster.
Quote: Originally Posted by Tatile View Post
Less armour = moves faster = more dodging = less getting hit.
Oh.. there is plenty of complaining in this thread. As well as demands, expressions of entitlement, and wild dreams.
Lovely Andryah the Forum Princess

Knockerz
11.19.2012 , 01:39 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Troezar View Post
It may not stack for mob XP but it does stack for quest completion XP. At least the major boost to all sources does for my level 40 Op.
You don't get any bonus from completing missions when you have rest xp. It only applies to killing mobs. Thus, the bonus xp for non killing mobs should help.
Quote: Originally Posted by Tatile View Post
Less armour = moves faster = more dodging = less getting hit.
Oh.. there is plenty of complaining in this thread. As well as demands, expressions of entitlement, and wild dreams.
Lovely Andryah the Forum Princess

SithEmpress
11.19.2012 , 01:39 AM | #19
So I decide to test this out, as some seem to not be getting any extra xp while other appear to. Using my alt to do a space mission without the buff she was getting 1993xp with rest xp on at the end of the mission. Though killing fighter didn't change during the mission with the buff on at the end of the mission I got 2493 this was with rest xp on.

So it appears to me the rest xp isn't affecting the results, I think there might be a bug causing some people not to get correct reward.

SithEmpress
11.19.2012 , 01:42 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Knockerz View Post
You don't get any bonus from completing missions when you have rest xp. It only applies to killing mobs. Thus, the bonus xp for non killing mobs should help.
^That not how it work on my space mission. Mob still give 8 xp- 24exp per kill, with or without the buff, but the mission reward was buffed by the corrrect amount.