Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

HK-51 seems pointless don't see the hype.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
HK-51 seems pointless don't see the hype.

Darkdoe
11.19.2012 , 12:30 AM | #91
Quote: Originally Posted by Arkerus View Post
His assassinate ability is absurdly powerful. I don't care if you don't see the point. The rest of us do.
You sir are hitting the nail on the head. Had him out in Black hole other day and just to see what it would do I payed attention to his dmg on assassinate... one of the atempts critted for just over 62k dmg
Assume witty signature is here

TheOuroborus
11.19.2012 , 03:13 AM | #92
He's as pointless as playing a game. Which isn't pointless at all. Do you get it?
Q'uo-daax 55 Shadow | Uma-ka 55 Sentinel | Lyralia 55 Commando | Zo-en 55 Scoundrel
Syaia 55 Marauder | Xto'en 55 Sorcerer | A'saj 55 Assassin
Ixa-sha 55 Mercenary | B'dia 55 Operative

Founder, Legacy 50 On Begeren Colony

Elikal
11.19.2012 , 03:26 AM | #93
Isn't *every* companion pointless? I mean, when the idea of companions was revealed, I was quite looking forward to this. But now, they are just making up for you being not so strong solo. You + companion = one player in other MMOs.

They almost say nothing, I never got enough "love" from most of them to actually start any personal dialogue, and where I did, it was just hollow, pointless bla bla.

While every mindless drone NPC tells me his ENTIRE life story, my own companions say almost nothing. I really, really wished Bioware would swapped those priorities and make pointles NPCs talk LESS and companions MORE. As it is, companions are a totally failed game addition.
"There is no civility, only politics."
-Senator Palpatine

POPsi
11.19.2012 , 03:30 AM | #94
The only soloish pve content I do is an occasional H2 on Belsavis for quick cash and mods i can sell on GTN, and the BH weekly. I don't need HK for that. Probably will still get it sometime in the future, but not a priority for me as of now. Also, I should roll a republic toon as well, and I just don't want to do that now

Darth-Malice
11.19.2012 , 03:32 AM | #95
Pretty pointless because if you want to gear Hk its more effort then its worth. Its easier to put a companion in a full set of Blackhole gear then make him gear or buy it on the market for stupid high prices.
||||||||███████████████████████████████)

grombrinda
11.19.2012 , 03:50 AM | #96
I kinda want him for crafting..kinda bad ain't it ?
We didn't start the Star Wars,They were already fightin' em,since George was writing them!!

Brissellio
11.19.2012 , 03:59 AM | #97
It is pretty easy to gear up HK honestly. Get either rakata or campaign trooper offhands whichever one is available to you and you can put those armorings in all of his gear for 10 times cheaper than the market price of the parts for him.

The_Stig
11.19.2012 , 04:06 AM | #98
As a tank ST he is useless to me in combat, makes for a great fleet toy though. Fully geared Mako is my companion of choice, she is a better healer than 50% of hears on my server.

However, I do hope that once level cap goes up, or when they add more class story missions you get to play with all of your crew. As a BH I had a mission when I got all of my companions fighting together, and that was awesome. I hope to do that once more with HK.
$$$$$$
$$$ CAESARUS$$$

$$$ UNDISPUTED $$$
$$$PORT NOWHERE$$$

JacenHallis
11.19.2012 , 04:31 AM | #99
Quote: Originally Posted by grombrinda View Post
I kinda want him for crafting..kinda bad ain't it ?
Nope. That's the main reason I want him. His bonuses are nice. Yes, it's only 5% mission efficiency and 1% crafting crit, but it works for every crew skill. And my Bounty Hunter, for example, has two companions with Armormech efficiency, but none with Armormech crit. HK will be my go-to crafting companion just for that extra 1% crit chance. When I get him up to 10,000 affection, anyway.
Ruminara Ven
Passion, yet serenity.

11.19.2012 , 04:33 AM | #100
Quote: Originally Posted by JLazarillo View Post
I don't quite get why he has to be endgame stuff. I admit, I like the idea of seeing more non-raid content for my level capped characters to do. By the time I'm 50, what do I care about having another companion?
OR they just need to start adding more quest reward companions for different levels. Perhaps as flashpoint loot or warzone rewards... whatever. Gives F2P a reason to buy weekly passes as well.