Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Cybertech grenades Ruining Warzones

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Cybertech grenades Ruining Warzones

FourTwent
11.18.2012 , 05:23 PM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by KiranK View Post
I wouldn't shed a tear if cybertech grenades were removed from PvP, and I'm cybertech. Any cause that promotes less stunning and more control of ones character is a cause worth supporting.
agreed, lets remove every single ability in PVP and only allow people to fight with Legacy punches!

now that's what i call skill

KiranK
11.18.2012 , 05:51 PM | #42
Quote: Originally Posted by FourTwent View Post
agreed, lets remove every single ability in PVP and only allow people to fight with Legacy punches!

now that's what i call skill
At least then we'd be in control of our characters. What would you propose? We all unplug our keyboards and then fight? Oh yes, that's a vast improvement.
There's no QQing in baseball.

AMKSED
11.18.2012 , 05:59 PM | #43
While I agree the amount of CC is stupid in this game. People wanting CC removed completely or making it so you can only do 1 stun during an entire fight are complete morons. Some classes would just faceroll right over the other.

TheronFett
11.18.2012 , 06:12 PM | #44
The seismic grenades are awesome. They're cheap as dirt to buy, and you should be using them.

FourTwent
11.18.2012 , 11:51 PM | #45
At least then we'd be in control of our characters. What would you propose? We all unplug our keyboards and then fight? Oh yes, that's a vast improvement.
i dont think you get how the flow of combat works in the game. if there were no stuns in this game it would eliminate a massive massive strategic layer in PvP

KiranK
11.19.2012 , 12:11 AM | #46
Quote: Originally Posted by FourTwent View Post
i dont think you get how the flow of combat works in the game. if there were no stuns in this game it would eliminate a massive massive strategic layer in PvP
I don't think you understand what I, or what anyone else, is asking for. The cybertech grenades everyone uses aren't even stuns, they're AoE mezzes. We don't want no stuns, but we want less of them. There's just too many right now and resolve is total garbage. Now that people can mindlessly spam stun keys and not have to worry about overlapping CC layers, resolve does nothing. You're long dead before it kicks in. And lol at "massive massive strategic layer", because fighting a target that doesn't fight back is sooooooooooooo hard. You don't even have to time your stuns anymore. There's no resolve penalty for overlapping CCs. HAHAHAHAHA! Oh man, haven't laughed that hard in a while. That's a good one.
There's no QQing in baseball.

AMKSED
11.19.2012 , 12:14 AM | #47
I don't think you understand what I, or what anyone else, is asking for. The cybertech grenades everyone uses aren't even stuns, they're AoE mezzes. We don't want no stuns, but we want less of them. There's just too many right now and resolve is total garbage. Now that people can mindlessly spam stun keys and not have to worry about overlapping CC layers, resolve does nothing. You're long dead before it kicks in. And lol at "massive massive strategic layer", because fighting a target that doesn't fight back is sooooooooooooo hard. You don't even have to time your stuns anymore. There's no resolve penalty for overlapping CCs. HAHAHAHAHA! Oh man, haven't laughed that hard in a while. That's a good one.
Get a good team and have your healers clear the stuns.
/thread

FourTwent
11.19.2012 , 01:39 AM | #48
We don't want no stuns
I rest my case

LarryRow
11.19.2012 , 09:36 AM | #49
Quote: Originally Posted by Cial View Post
I've been saying for a while the Cybertech grenades are op. Everyone that runs RWZs regularly knows how cheesy they are - similarly to the bubble-break stun issue we're also seeing. It gives classes that don't normally have an aoe stun/stagger access to a free ability on a 3min CD. It breaks the rock/paper/scissors balance of PVP, and they are ridiculously abused in warzones (just like Adrenals). Only a matter of time before BW removes them from warzones... probably in 1.6.
This is a very good post that nicely sums up the argument for the OP.

While it is true that grenades can be used by anyone, can be acquired cheaply or crafted by an alt, giving every class a ground targetable long-range AoE mez disrupts balance to a significant degree.
A classic sig that should not be lost:
Quote:
Stunned , pew pew hack slash , stunned , running backward circles, stunned cannot move, pew pew, break stun, 30 second snare, wha?!?!!? stunned, knockdown, ...less stun more pew pew and hacknslash please.

TUXs
11.19.2012 , 10:07 AM | #50
And to think...I've been thinking about going Biochem from Cybertech on my new 50 because I miss the stim/heal and can't afford to keep buying them when the Cybertech nades/mines are so cheap.
All warfare is based on deception. Attack him where he is unprepared, appear where you are not expected. If his forces are united, separate them. If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near. A leader leads by example not by force.