Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

eventidephoenix
11.18.2012 , 10:57 PM | #1041
The interesting bit is that calls for server merges have been ignored since 1039 posts ago...

HauksbokT
11.18.2012 , 11:11 PM | #1042
Quote: Originally Posted by eventidephoenix View Post
The interesting bit is that calls for server merges have been ignored since 1039 posts ago...
That and the countless other threads that were created before this, and the legions of tickets raised in game by players, skype calls, etc. There's been an endless campaign by many oceanic players in hopes that their gameplay will be restored to how it should be!

twinionx
11.18.2012 , 11:36 PM | #1043
Quote: Originally Posted by Sildanar View Post
No, an option for US or Ocenaic transfers would just dilute the player base further, we need a consolidation not a dissipation.
In regards to cross server, I do not want that at all except for Ranked Warzones.
one of the things that is great about this game is the server communities, something that WOW killed to the great detriment of that game.
I know many many pvpers on Master D specifically because I have fought with and against them many times.
In cross server pvp its an endless stream of randoms.

Keep the community feel, keep the pvp and LFG server only just make sure the server has the critical mass of players to make it viable. Ranked pvp should open up to Cross server eventually as its a competition.
1. Not giving the open-pvp players the option to go to a PvP server and forcing them to go to a PvE server is just going to piss them off and make them quit. So what dilution are you talking about when players ragequit?

2. What server community are you talking about when there is already none? What is the difference between a server community that is physically a merger of 3 former servers vs 3 servers sharing the same community? Doesn't make sense.

HauksbokT
11.18.2012 , 11:42 PM | #1044
Quote: Originally Posted by twinionx View Post
1. Not giving the open-pvp players the option to go to a PvP server and forcing them to go to a PvE server is just going to piss them off and make them quit. So what dilution are you talking about when players ragequit?

2. What server community are you talking about when there is already none? What is the difference between a server community that is physically a merger of 3 former servers vs 3 servers sharing the same community? Doesn't make sense.
Can't comprehend how wrong you are, MDN players as a ridiculously huge majority will happily merge with a PVE server.

scullzomben
11.19.2012 , 12:12 AM | #1045
In regards to Open World PVP, you people must realise that the only time this occurs is organized events in Outlaws Den. AND THIS CAN HAPPEN ON A PVE SERVER TOO!

I have 3 republic characters I am currently levelling - A 22, 30 and a 46. It has been SO LONG since I have seen an Imperial, I think the last time must have been on Nar Shaddaa on the Promenade when my level 30 Sentinal was there over a week ago.

The only PvP that happens on Dar Nala is organized events (that occur in Outlaws Den) and Warzones. Oh, and the occasional bored level 50 that griefs people in the Dune Sea on Tatooine. But even then, they have to be lucky, as there is usually less than 8 people on that planet.

Cheezfriend
11.19.2012 , 12:13 AM | #1046

I love PvP servers and all my 50s are on the PvP server Master Dar'Nala. I have rolled an alt on the Harbinger which is a PVE server and am loving the game due to the MASSIVE population.

There is no world PvP on Master Dar'Nala anyways!

Sildanar
11.19.2012 , 12:16 AM | #1047

1/ Vast majority of players on Master D would be happy to play on a PVE server if it meant we had a decent pop. Many many posters have mentioned this.

2/ There is a very good and close community on Master D. Tiny? yes..but its there nevertheless.
You are talking about some people going to a west coast pvp server and some going to Dalborra (ie giving the players the option) this would split the community, hence my term dissipation...
Makes perfect sense..
Starcaller Legacy
Master Dar'Nala server R.I.P
Now Harbinger & The Bastion
PVP Healer

Desolatos
11.19.2012 , 03:23 AM | #1048
Quote: Originally Posted by HauksbokT View Post
Can't comprehend how wrong you are, MDN players as a ridiculously huge majority will happily merge with a PVE server.
In that case there will be no issue making US transfers an option. I think merging with option to transfer to US is best. It is impossible for the Dalborra to get any smaller even if everyone chooses US and if after that the pop is still too low then its time to think about shutting servers down.

lollie
11.19.2012 , 03:37 AM | #1049
Quote: Originally Posted by Desolatos View Post
In that case there will be no issue making US transfers an option. I think merging with option to transfer to US is best. It is impossible for the Dalborra to get any smaller even if everyone chooses US and if after that the pop is still too low then its time to think about shutting servers down.
There's tons of people on Dalborra. There's 128 people on Dromund Kaas alone right now. Maybe your pvp server is dead, but the other two are fine and growing. Why don't you just re-roll.

CAUTION: DO NOT LOAD SWTOR UNLESS YOU HAVE AFTER-MARKET COOLING INSTALLED!!

grombrinda
11.19.2012 , 03:39 AM | #1050
My sympathies to all of you that are having bad game experience due to some short shortsightedness.
We didn't start the Star Wars,They were already fightin' em,since George was writing them!!