Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Bioware it's time to NERF Snipers/Gunslinger. All read please.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Bioware it's time to NERF Snipers/Gunslinger. All read please.

TheronFett
11.18.2012 , 06:20 PM | #31
Because the answer to all your L2P issues is that the other guy MUST be overpowered.

Dovahbrah
11.18.2012 , 07:18 PM | #32
Thread backfire.
Leaf - 50 Commando - The Fatman Notleaf - 50 Juggernaught - POT5
Leafe - 50 Shadow - The Fatman
Leafy - 50 Vanguard - The Fatman
Leafyy - 50 Sentinel - The Fatman

foxmob
11.18.2012 , 07:35 PM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by Meepbot View Post
pretty sure every melee AC can close the gap on snipers.
VGs/PTs cannot. we used to be able to do it with the sacrifice that it would fill up the sniper's resolve (cryo + harpoon), but BW apparently thought VGs/PTs should have nothing at all.
Krackerjäck VG | Krackerjak PT | Krackcommando | Deinon Merc | other stuff on Jedi Covenant.
Quote: Originally Posted by Jadescythe View Post
TL;DR Bolster is meant to help entry level players, ranked PvP is not entry level PvP.

foxmob
11.18.2012 , 07:43 PM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by Zunayson View Post
Small gripes, but seriously snipers are totally fine, they're a pure DPS class, so they need survivability just like sentinels and marauders, too, not to mention the useful utility that they bring.
uh.... the heck does this mean? any spec for dps is dps. an assault commando isn't going to be able to heal himself. it's just a cheap heal medal if he survives a fight. VG dpsers have very bad survivability. being a tank AC has no effect whatsoever on their survivability or dcds. why shouldn't they get the same treatment as a "pure dps class"? I'm not really taking issue with anything a sniper has (except VG is the only "melee" w/o a gap closer for them), but I'd like to understand the privilege of this "pure dps" logic.
Krackerjäck VG | Krackerjak PT | Krackcommando | Deinon Merc | other stuff on Jedi Covenant.
Quote: Originally Posted by Jadescythe View Post
TL;DR Bolster is meant to help entry level players, ranked PvP is not entry level PvP.

fungihoujo
11.18.2012 , 08:50 PM | #35
OP- "I play a marauder, and the one class I can't insta-pwn without effort is the sniper, NERF!!!!"

Learn to use your speed boosts, stealth, LoS, distraction tactics and not just run across open fields at snipers. In the words of marauders for the last 6 months whenever anyone dares to suggest they're OP. "Get good, l2p, working as intended, etc..."

Solarenergy
11.18.2012 , 09:23 PM | #36
Also, we're a pure dps class that's supposed to do high damage. The damage done however is by no means too high or unfair. Take this as an example. I rarely get hit by 5K from a sniper or gunslinger now that my sorc is in 75% BM and 25 % WH. They'll hit me sometimes for 3-4 K but I can heal right through it. However, I still regularly get this message: defeated by force sweep 6995 damage...snipers aren't the ones needing nerfs. You don't see them doing 7K hits to well-geared people on a regular basis.

ArchangelLBC
11.18.2012 , 09:52 PM | #37
Quote: Originally Posted by Crawelc View Post
If its not about nerfing sent/mara its not worth space on the forums is it? wink wink nudge nudge know what I mean. You are a cry ***, and ill take a forum ban to say it one more time BODIE IS A HUGE CRY *** BADDIE

You can't complain that there are too many "nerf sent/mara" threads then simultaneously complain when a thread isn't all about you. Go away dude. No one cares if you feel like the victim.

@OP so basically you're mad that snipers aren't commandos with slightly less armor? Cause it seems to be what you want.
In update 2.9 the game will simply uninstall itself for you.

-Wnd

Technohic
11.18.2012 , 10:10 PM | #38
What I take from all this is a complaint that there is still a ranged DPS class where the range actually is a benefit from the melee DPS, while the other 2 ranged DPS largely has a hard time staying at range, and of course is not as well suited for the melee brawling they eventually will find themselves in.

In stead of nerf; I call for Merc/commando and Sage/sorce range DPS to be buffed to be as good as sniper. Not sure if sage or sorce is already. Know merc isn't

ArchangelLBC
11.18.2012 , 10:27 PM | #39
Quote: Originally Posted by Technohic View Post
What I take from all this is a complaint that there is still a ranged DPS class where the range actually is a benefit from the melee DPS, while the other 2 ranged DPS largely has a hard time staying at range, and of course is not as well suited for the melee brawling they eventually will find themselves in.

In stead of nerf; I call for Merc/commando and Sage/sorce range DPS to be buffed to be as good as sniper. Not sure if sage or sorce is already. Know merc isn't
Seconded though my understanding is that Hybrid sage/sorc is actually in a pretty good place atm.
In update 2.9 the game will simply uninstall itself for you.

-Wnd

dejavy
11.18.2012 , 10:37 PM | #40
Ssins, opers, BH - anihilate gunslingers pretty fast.
DOT rangers smoke out a gunslinger pretty succefully and win with 85% if there's a rock to hide behind.
Slinger's is an awesome ranger on on open area. SUX cos of great los dependance.
If you know how GS/sniper works, you can kill him easily.

I rolled to a gunslinger after a long playing my commando (since beta) and was happy as Jackie Chan cos his utility is just awesome! but now back again coz my soul belongs to my trooper anyway. I fry snipers as chickens EASILY. THey are turrets, they don't run even if you aoe them coz if they run they become incredibly squishy. So, they just sit like hens on the nest waiting for an egg and you just shoot them - end of story.