Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Guild Management Suggestions

Trevelyan
04.03.2012 , 07:55 AM | #1
It would be nice if the Guild screen had some sort of Activity window. As a guild leader I would like the ability to see who is a recent addition to my guild as well as who /gquit while I wasnt online.

Managing a website with forum permissions and a guild with close to 200 members can be quite a pain when I dont know which member has left or joined. I have to rely on Officers emailing me or PMing me in game as they invited someone, to update the users permissions on our site. Same goes for anyone in the guild that ninjas a /gquit while no officers or myself are on. We have to sift though the roster and compare it to our user list on the site just to find any discrepancies.

Having at the very least an email sent to the GM when a user joins or leaves would be great.
Alex|Alexia|Trevelya
::Sith Happens::
Website|SWTOR Thread|Charter

Amigwyn
04.03.2012 , 08:10 AM | #2
I agree, for the most part, that this game is badly in need of more guild features that are actually useful.

The guild roster is useless the way it is now. I have to click "details" to get any useful information other than who is online. I would love to see the window expanded to include, at the very least, member notes and preferably also officer notes. I would also like the same functionality on the guild window as I have on my friends list (invite to group most notably) - though this might already be in the works. When clicking "details" I would like to see not just the planet someone is on but the zone they are in as well (though that is pretty minor).

For guild officers and guild leaders, it would also be great to have a "Date Joined" column that is sortable (when viewing "details"). My guild promotes based on the amount of time in the guild for the lower ranks as a lot of other guilds do. It would be nice to have this automatically filled in without me having to use member notes to do it (it would also be neat for people to see how long they have been in the guild - I am constantly being asked "join dates" by members). Also, if it could be 'sortable' that would be helpful as well. A "Previous Members" tab would be helpful, too, even if it just keeps track of members that were kicked or /gquit within the last month or two. That doesn't have to be fancy or anything, just a name and how they left (kick or quit).

On other MMOs, I used addons to manage things such as this but in this game it is not an option. I'm rather glad (in all honesty) that there are not addons but features in the game really need to be stepped up to make up for the gap.

hydrica
04.03.2012 , 11:40 AM | #3
I totally agree. More guild features are most certainly required. Its a pain trying to figure out whos left and when. Also a pain to see whos new and who invited them. A simple log would indeed sort this issue out and im shocked that something this simple wasnt already implemented.

Also its a pain trying to invite people to groups and whisper them as there isnt options to do so by right clicking their name in the guild window.

Something i would like to see is a profession tab to make it easy to see who has what profession and at what skill. Doesnt even need to show peoples recipes (even though this would be nice)
Skyie - Resurrection Guild Leader
Republic Sluis Shipyards
You think Yoda stops teaching, just because his student does not want to hear?
A teacher Yoda is. Yoda teaches like drunkards drink, like killers kill

MadMacRiverRat
11.08.2012 , 09:14 AM | #4
I agree with what you have to say there should be automatic mail sent out to all members when someone leaves or joins. It is hard to keep track of everything that is happening in the guild.

ArchAngelMac
11.16.2012 , 04:21 PM | #5
I think there should be something done with Guild Management !!!!!
When someone leaves the guild it makes hard to know who left in a large guild !
I hope something come down to us soon

ArchAngelMac
11.16.2012 , 04:32 PM | #6
I think there should be something done with Guild Management !!!!!
When someone leaves the guild it makes hard to know who left in a large guild !
I hope something come down to us soon

Jtrop
11.18.2012 , 09:00 PM | #7
I agree with it all. But I know the number one think on all of your lists, no character limit on the MoTD. They really need to get that fixed, I can't get enough information out, and my sentence never make sense. All so more ranks would be nice.
Jka Quotes-- " is it just me or are rodians kind of creepy" Mercenary
" and Jan punches the weeqway right in the" Kyle katarn 9/3/12