Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

FTP is Too "Free". Please adjust model.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
FTP is Too "Free". Please adjust model.

Klarick
11.18.2012 , 04:30 PM | #1
Dear Bioware,

As a Founder and subscriber, I'm a little dismayed that you are willing to give away so much of the game, that I pay for each month. Dont get me wrong, I like FTP options as I do think they are beneficial to the ongoing development of a game. However, the path you have chosen is unpredented in how much it gives for nothing.

A person can play the entire storyline of every class in the game, on either side of the conflict, without paying a dime! Really? That's a bit much IMO, and sort of a slap to us that pay monthly. As a suggestion I would like to see a more LOTRO type of model where a FTP'r has to buy quest packs and zone unlocks in order to progress. This method allows the FTP'ers a choice in what parts of the game they want to play WITHOUT angering those that pay a monthly subscription.

What you have done here is decide to just give the game away. I trust you know what you are doing here, but I, for one, am not too crazy about it.

Thank you,

Klarick
FOUNDER
Klarick -- Healing PUGS since 16 March 1999

Tatile
11.18.2012 , 04:32 PM | #2
I... can't tell if you're serious. Free2Players already have to buy extra quick bars.

HenshinCyborg
11.18.2012 , 04:34 PM | #3
Please adjust model? Yeah, you're so important that Bioware is going to change everything just for you.

Might want to check this link and see if it's you:
http://ohinternet.com/Unwarranted_self_importance

SaintForHire
11.18.2012 , 04:40 PM | #4
I agree with OP. As a subscriber, I do feel like they give away too much. Just my opinion, but also, with this knowledge, becoming a preferred player is a definite possibility in the future for me.
Saintforhire - Level 50 Mercenary on The Shadowlands

Sanctioned
11.18.2012 , 04:40 PM | #5
Satire aside, why do people keep thinking the Founder title comes with priviledges and commands the devs respect?

The Founder title lets the devs visually know who they already took money from.

The devs have done a great job making players feel special about having it though, that's for sure. Think about that the next time you see a free and cheap incentive from a game.
(Black Vulkars) Bastion: Dregs - 50 Operative , Dresni - 50 Assassin Fapmonster - 50 Vanguard
Shadowfire: Dregs - Spy | Ryuten - MPowers/MLS
Flurry: Ryushi - Rifleman/Creature Handler

chuixupu
11.18.2012 , 04:41 PM | #6
Well, this is a refreshing change from the barrage of "FTP is too restrictive, please adjust" posts.
Wardens of Fate / Alea Iacta Est
The Tarkus Legacy ~ The Harbinger/Jedi Covenant

Klarick
11.18.2012 , 04:42 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Tatile View Post
I... can't tell if you're serious. Free2Players already have to buy extra quick bars.
Hello Tatile,

FTP'rs HAVE to buy extra quick bars? Who told you that? A FTP'er is given, for free, two quickbars. I have played since Beta and can tell you, that although 4 bars are convenient, they are not necessary. Actually, if at any point you find yourself REQUIRING more than 2 bars, than you are playing SWTOR incorrectly. I agree that more than two is convenienet and a niceity, but two is really all you NEED to play.

When BW first announced the FTP restrictions, the FTP'er was only going to get one quickbar. At that time, I was on your side of the argument, as only having one bar would pretty much make the game unplayable before a person would hit 50. BW adjusted thier thinking, now you get the needed two. If you want more, then just pay the $2.00 bucks for the convenience of them.
Klarick -- Healing PUGS since 16 March 1999

Synxos
11.18.2012 , 04:47 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Klarick View Post
Hello Tatile,
Actually, if at any point you find yourself REQUIRING more than 2 bars, than you are playing SWTOR incorrectly.
I have to have 3....I think it's you who's playing it incorrectly.

Tatile
11.18.2012 , 04:48 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Klarick View Post
Actually, if at any point you find yourself REQUIRING more than 2 bars, than you are playing SWTOR incorrectly. .
Enlighten me, oh mighty one: how shall I reach the zen of play?

annabethchase
11.18.2012 , 04:52 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Tatile View Post
I'm sure he is serious. I think they should have had to buy the box to get the storylines personally.

Also, I really wish they weren't allowed to que up for hard modes in their non-artifact gear. It's not good enough for the content.
"Rossum Eponine" & assorted other characters