Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Bioware it's time to NERF Snipers/Gunslinger. All read please.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Bioware it's time to NERF Snipers/Gunslinger. All read please.

Solarenergy
11.18.2012 , 03:27 PM | #11
Let's see...snipers can't disappear for four seconds. They don't have a god mode either. Evasion last three seconds and the immunity is only to ranged and melee attacks. The knockbacks and roots are needed since we are a turret class that spends the majority of time sitting cover. Ever see a sniper forced out of cover and how helpless he becomes? Not to mention how much the damage can be mitigated and how the hardest hitting attack, ambush, basically only leaves a slight scratch on a tank.
And maybe you're just the wrong melee. Shadows and assassins don't have any problem at all with snipers.

yauhen_pt
11.18.2012 , 03:35 PM | #12
never had problems with snipers/gunslingers (assassin deception/madness). they can do high dmg (as well as sage or any other rdps) till the moment some1 focus em. btw i dont think they can activate all their def abilities any time they want, since should b some power source restrictions etc.

nerf scoundrel/operative/smash/bubble

Meepbot
11.18.2012 , 03:36 PM | #13
pretty sure every melee AC can close the gap on snipers. Sents can force camo, and if theyre focus spec, which most are now, they can use zealous leap, despite its 3 focus cost and 10 meter range. Sins can force speed, and if you want to blow force shroud to make yourself immune to roots, even better. VGs can only close in one spec, which is tactics, by using hold the line. Operatives can use sneak, an pop dodge if they get rooted, if they so desire. If a Guard is lolderpsmash spec, he can use zealous leap like the sent, should he have the focus to do so. Although if he is already in range to use zealous leap, he can force push --> leap to close gap and knock the sniper out of postition.

A big thing about entrench/hunker down is that it requires you to be immobile. It makes you the ultimate turret, but if youre LOS'd by a class with a heal, you can either let them get back to full health, or break entrench and try to stop them, losing your cover bonus and CC immunity
The Shadeslayer Legacy |The Harbinger | No Guild
Bloo, 50 Sniper | Turtlestomper, 50 Merc | Beautiful-Ocean, 50 Jug | Arran, 50 Sin
Guiotine, 50 Sent | Popojoe, 50 Sage | Ericksson, 50 Scoundrel | Phoenix, 50 VG

BoDiE
11.18.2012 , 03:47 PM | #14
Someone please tell me this thread isn't serious
epicfail
Nothing ever good comes from gaming forums.

stringcat
11.18.2012 , 03:52 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by darthmorbous View Post
Yup...they are the paper to my rock and i kill em anyway , after learning how...
Yes yes. Your epeen is the greatest.
Valiya Illegal Test Kitchen The Bastion

Aluvi
11.18.2012 , 03:55 PM | #16
Snipers are serious contenders now, where as before they were pretty easy to take down. Now granted, this is from a marauder viewpoint, and most will say that we are just as OP.

The vast majority of snipers do not play up to anywhere near their true potential (thank god). Operatives absolutely shred them, it's pretty disgusting how fast they die. Some of their cooldowns might need a slight adjustment on the cooldown recharge length.

I don't think their damage needs an adjustment.
Aluvian (now Aluvien) Sith Marauder <Infinite Darkness> POT5
Youtube Channel:http://www.youtube.com/kdbutler2
720p Carnage PvP Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/aluviansw

AngusFTW
11.18.2012 , 03:59 PM | #17
In 50 they are pretty hard hitting but squishy and can be pacifyed. Good ones are a pain tho. In lowbies (they only place they can really be considered op as for some reason they scale well 4.5k crits at lvl 10 lol) however they hit as hard as smashers in that bracket and from range
Tomb of Freedon Nadd
55s.
Bleezar, Bleezár. Bleezlórd. Bleezard. Bleezford, Bleeznaut, Bleezfatt,
Lowbies
Bleezbian, Bleezguard, Bleezdian

vid
twitch

Zunayson
11.18.2012 , 04:05 PM | #18
- Cover - CORRECT DESCRIPTION
- Entrench - 1 min CD, talented 45 seconds, but I know few people that get it (I get it because it pisses people off!)
- Debilitate - It's melee, big deal. Talented to 30 seconds in Lethality, noone likes it.
- Flashbang - Talented to 45 seconds, Noone gets it, but I do (See entrench >)
- Leg Shot - 15 seconds, talented to 12, but noone gets that, not even myself!
- Shield probe - 12 second duration, 2k heal ish (aka not a lot), 45 sec cd, talented to 30 in the tree noone likes.
- Evasion - lasts 4 seconds w/ set bonus that noone gets
- Ballistic shield - Talented to 2 min 30 sec in the eng tree noone likes.
- Cover Pulse - talented to 25 sec in the tree noone likes
- Shatter Shot - Big deal? This is more of an offensive cd than a defensive cd. Sents get trauma too, but ofc since you play one you can't whine about nerfing them.
- Ambush knockback - CORRECT DESCRIPTION

Small gripes, but seriously snipers are totally fine, they're a pure DPS class, so they need survivability just like sentinels and marauders, too, not to mention the useful utility that they bring.

You also forgot:
- Diversion - MM only, takes target out of cover and cannot enter cover for 6 seconds, 9 seconds of 45% accuracy buff (Melee, Ranged, Force, and Tech) - Great counter to LOLHULKSMASH
- EMP Discharge - Eng only, can only be used on a target affected by your DoT that should always be on someone, 60m range, does not requre LoS, ****** damage, resets cd on shield probe. Combined with the 30% bonus to shield probe, this is a good 5k healing, which is nice.
- Ballistic Dampeners - 3 stacks for 30% damage reduction, cannot be used once more than every 1.5seconds, cannot be gained once more than every 6 seconds, Tier two MM tree
- Cover Screen - 20% ranged defense for 6 seconds after leaving cover, cannot be gained once more than every 6 seconds, will not stay on after you enter cover, so it does not stack with cover's dodge chance.

Personally, my Eng sniper's pvp build maxes survivability, since damage is mostly burst and Aoe padding... I have every defense snipers can have except Hold your Ground up in lethal, and Diversion from MM
Quote: Originally Posted by cycao
Next time you hear about someone getting raped ask them if it was like PvP in an MMO.
Quote: Originally Posted by Aragost View Post
Make sure you take 3/3 in the "knowing how to play" box

NoTomorrow
11.18.2012 , 04:20 PM | #19
Typical nerf the sniper thread from a typical bad player:
1. Plays a FOTM melee class. Cannot deal with anything in PVP unless he can charge right into their face.
2. Begins the nerf thread by listing the cooldowns of the said class
3. Brings no real PVP examples of the so called overpowered class winning duels in situations where it is not supposed to.

Dude, this thread will end just like any other Nerf the Sniper thread. People will make fun of you. And you will just end up being embarassed. Those few who will pity you, might just give you some advices and insights on how to play against snipers.

May God have mercy on your soul and may the Force be with you.
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Scatter Bombs are meant to be a fun bit of extra damage that occurs when you roll into or away from the action. That said, we’re okay with you trapping an unsuspecting enemy for a “wall bang” every now and then.

PowerReaper
11.18.2012 , 04:26 PM | #20
Is they're seriously a thread about nerfing Snipers?
/sigh
Prophecy Of The Five
Warlord Èschaton - 55 Sith Juggernaut
Elite Warlord Christine - 55 Jedi Sentinel