Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Jedi Knight Darkside?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Jedi Knight Darkside?

Goneplaid
12.22.2011 , 03:51 PM | #1
I have been looking for information on this topic so if it has been answered I apologize.

I wanted to know how plausible it would be to go darkside with a jedi knight. Do you gain any companions that have a more favorable view of that path or is it like the jedi consular and everyone you get later are lightside? I only ask because I'm interested to see how the story develops differently so thanks in advance.

IAmJakub
12.22.2011 , 04:13 PM | #2
I am currently lvl 27, always chose dark side options. There is a one major one right at the beginning and from then its just a mix of killing people when you have the option of mercy or death, flirting and just being a general ahole. Funny though that throughout my story quest my initial major decision was references later on.

As for the Companions, I believe the only companion that Jedi gets who would agree with all of the above actions is Sith you get way towards the end of the class story line.

So to sum up the impact:
*Your face goes dark
*Majority of the time your companions will disapprove. I make up for this with companion gifts
*It can be debated (as I would not know) that some of these guys I chose to slay would have made a re-appearance later on in the story and/or would at least send you mail
* You lock yourself out of blue/green gemstones for your light saber and various items with light side requirements.
* you get a red Light-saber

It really is not a game breaking decision to go either LS/DS, it could be argued that going DS as a Jedi Knight is somewhat going against the stream as your companions are generally on the level guys and thus you being the odd one out does not sit well with them well most of the time, but this can be "easily" overcome with gifts can be farmed with a few spare credits

Zallon
12.22.2011 , 04:17 PM | #3
I am Dark Side III Jedi and the companions start to come around, at least they did in Beta. There is also Dark Jedi gear on the Dark Side Vendor in the Fleet, so as far as equipment and such it evens out.

Think of it as allignment,.

Kitty_Whoopass
12.22.2011 , 06:59 PM | #4
I have a darkside Sentinel.

First I disagree that you have to be an ahole. My character actually is sort of protective of people, respects her leaders, loves T-7, and fights for the Republic. I've only made one light side choice so far. T-7 doesn't always like my answers but much of the time he's fine with them and I think he's probably the toughest one to play with as dark side.

For example on Tython I was very respectful to the Jedi leaders but I didn't deal with betrayal well at all. That's totally unacceptable and I killed the young Matriarch because she betrayed Orgus.

So depending on how you see yourself you can make a lot of decisions your companions like but when you choose a darkside decision (one with the red symbol) sometimes companions won't like it, sometimes they don't care. I did somthing dark side with Kira yesterday and she just said "Oh you're one of THOSE Jedi. Ok good to know" but didn't give me any negative points.

Don't get me wrong until you get the guy at the end it's probable that you'll have more negatives with your companions than you would as light side, but it won't prevent you from making progress on their affection bars.

Also I went Biochem on my darkside sentinel and so the diplomacy options help when you want to make a rare light side decision. You just do some darkside missions and all is well.

GENERAL-
03.28.2012 , 09:25 AM | #5
Sorry for this but i want to ask something.If you have a dark jedi what will happen in the end?You will become a jedi master or not?

RickAdams
03.28.2012 , 11:31 AM | #6
I don't think being a dark jedi affects whether or not you can become a master. My jedi is around level 38 and sometimes it's hard to figure out when your companions are going to disagree with you. Most of they time they do, but sometimes they surprise you. You can kill the sith that comes for Kira and get a big boost. T7 is the hardest because he's practically a boyscout. Kira doesn't usually care.

I did finally pick up diplomacy to make it easier. Once I max out dark side, I'll drop it and pick up Underworld Trading again.

Ziffron
11.18.2012 , 01:35 PM | #7
yes, making multiple darkside decisions that leads you to fall, makes for an interesting conversation at the end
The Tetra Legacy
Never Retreat
Never Surrender
The Force is with you, Now and Always

RCcarroll
11.18.2012 , 02:07 PM | #8
Lord Scourge is probably the most fine with straight up dark side decisions (you get him at the very beginning of Act 3), and if you want to be more pragmatic, Sergeant Rusk is good to have.
The Dracon Legacy

Posted by the man known as Valtor Dracon before server transfers.