Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Bioware it's time to NERF Snipers/Gunslinger. All read please.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Bioware it's time to NERF Snipers/Gunslinger. All read please.

NogueiraA
11.18.2012 , 02:03 PM | #1
Stop looking at mara's and powertechs for a few minutes. Look at snipers...
No, it's not a QQ thread, because I have 4 toons valor 60+ and a sniper valor 52.

Let's look at the defensive abilities sniper's have.

- Cover - You cant jump him.

- Entrench - immune of ALL control abilities, lasts 20 seconds... 20 seconds IMMUNE of all CC's, knockbacks, whatever... Force Shroud lasts 5 secs.. 45 secs cooldown.

- Debilitate - stun the target for 4 seconds, NOT breaks on damage. 45 secs coodown.
- Flashbang - stun the target for 8 seconds, breaks on damage. 1 min cooldown.

- Leg Shot - instant root, lasts 5 seconds, breaks if damage after 2 seconds... He can use leg shot, shoot you before 2 seconds, you can do nothing and you will wait more 3 seconds until the root finish. 16 secs cooldown.

- Shield Probe - Absorb damage for 15 seconds. 45 secs cooldown.

- Evasion - dodge melee and ranged atacks by 100% chance, lasts 3 seconds. 1 min cooldown.

- Ballistic Shield - deploys a giant shield reducing the damge taken for you and all allies by 20%, lasts 15 secs. 3 min cooldown.

- Cover Pulse - knocks your target to the moon, AND root 5 seconds. Breaks if damage after 2 seconds, he can shoot you before 2 seconds, you can do nothing and you will wait more 3 seconds until the root finish. 30 secs cooldown.

- Shatter Shot - Reduce the target armor by 20% for 45 secs. Inflicts Trauma for 9 secs and reduce all healing the target receives by 20%. 5 secs cooldown.

- Ambush knockback - Marksmanship has a 1 point talent: When Ambush strikes a target within 10 meters, the target is knocked back several meters.

So 11 defensive tools, a LOT OF damage, you guys know how much hurts each shoot from a sniper. He can kill you in 3 GCD.

Seriously Bioware, this class NEEDS a huge nerf.

"just LOS him"... No, melee class has no gap closer against snipers.
L2P? Ok, roll a melee and try to kill a sniper.

English i'ts not my first language, sorry for mistakes.
Thanks.

cashogy
11.18.2012 , 02:07 PM | #2
rock, meet paper

LeonHawkeye
11.18.2012 , 02:15 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by cashogy View Post
rock, meet paper
This, sorry but Gunslingers/Snipers are actually one of the most balanced classes around. They have the tools to be absolute monsters when/if played correctly but also have weaknesses. Despite all their tools and intended purpose of countering melee, I manage to take them down as a Sentinel, go figure, if that doesn't cry overpowered I'm not sure what will. It's not easy I'll admit but it's doable.

PS If you haven't already, roll lolSmash/ForceSweep, it will fix all life's problems.

Aragost
11.18.2012 , 02:18 PM | #4
I felt like going through your post and pointing out the various things you got wrong, but I decided not to do that. Then It wouldn't be anywhere near as fun for me when I play mine.

Roll a tanksin, see if they still bother you.
FrÚd - Supersinofdoom
LolÓ - Powertechofdoom
Saciela - Supersorcofdoom

Jherad
11.18.2012 , 02:19 PM | #5
Yeah no. There ARE overpowered ACs, but snipers and slingers aren't amongst them.
WFW - Waiting For Wildstar
Zachar´ah - Commando / Chasso - Merc
Youtube / Twitch
2.4 is the PvP Patch! ... J/K, Removing RWZs trolololol

stringcat
11.18.2012 , 02:25 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by NogueiraA View Post
"just LOS him"... No, melee class has no gap closer against snipers.
L2P? Ok, roll a melee and try to kill a sniper.

Thanks.
Sweetheart, I realize you're used to always having the advantage against other classes, but you can't have the upperhand against EVERY class.

If you really want to kill them, roll a DPS scoundrel/op and faceroll them.
Valiya Illegal Test Kitchen The Bastion

vimm
11.18.2012 , 02:25 PM | #7
Lmao!
geeR
Phantom of the Operative

Solarenergy
11.18.2012 , 03:08 PM | #8
I really hope you're just being facetious. Because although snipers and gunslingers may be the kings of pre-50 warzones, they are in no way overpowered. In level 50 PVP I'd say we are quite underpowered until we get the max gear. We can do really well with less gear but only if we go unnoticed and/or we are protected well by teammates. And usually a sniper wouldn't be able to kill you in 3 GCD at level 50. I play a full healer sorc which is very squishy and the only time snipers have killed me in 3 GCD was back when I was mostly Recruit geared, but of course, anyone with higher gear than you can kill you in 3 GCD if you're in Recruit.

Crawelc
11.18.2012 , 03:15 PM | #9
So many quotes so little time, just reread everyone defending sniper/slinger replace sniper with marauder and ranged with mele in every post in this thread and you will see how we have felt for months. I am not saying they are by any means OP, but the irony is delicious. Welcome to the nerf club gents.
Imprimis <Fight><Redemption><Conquest>
All Imprimis All the time.

darthmorbous
11.18.2012 , 03:20 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by LeonHawkeye View Post
This, sorry but Gunslingers/Snipers are actually one of the most balanced classes around. They have the tools to be absolute monsters when/if played correctly but also have weaknesses. Despite all their tools and intended purpose of countering melee, I manage to take them down as a Sentinel, go figure, if that doesn't cry overpowered I'm not sure what will. It's not easy I'll admit but it's doable.

PS If you haven't already, roll lolSmash/ForceSweep, it will fix all life's problems.

Yup...they are the paper to my rock and i kill em anyway , after learning how...
Trevise Jedi Shadow
Karkus Tritonos, Sith Marauder
Hanunaki ; assassin