Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

REST xp and BOOST xp does NOT stack

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
REST xp and BOOST xp does NOT stack

yoshua
11.18.2012 , 10:19 AM | #1
Just a heads up. I am a level 6 agent and I tested with rest and boost combined xp.

Rest + Boost killing level 4 droid on hutta: 150xp
depleted my rest so
Boost only killing same droid: 150xp

thats fine, its a good bonus, just wanted to let people know who have stacked up rest xp not to use the boosts until you deplete your rest xp
Yoshua Acero
Pre-Cu Bria Vet - Master Doc/Master swords

Paid 15$ at Gamestop for my CE!

Cashcrop
11.18.2012 , 10:35 AM | #2
Thanks for the heads up. That's really dumb, but it's still a nice item. I guess the text stating that it doesn't stack with XP bonuses from other sources doesn't just mean other boosts. Sorry you had to find out the hard way, but thanks for letting everyone know.

Rayla_Felana
11.18.2012 , 10:45 AM | #3
That's both ludicrous and illogical, the entire point for the XP boost is completely unnecessary without stacking with Rested XP, now I know just to sell them off.

monkgryphon
11.18.2012 , 10:47 AM | #4
Might as well just call them Rest XP consumables that just grant a good amount of rest XP. That way they can remove the buff timer.

Kortan
11.18.2012 , 10:51 AM | #5
they do stack.

I was getting 4,000-6,000XP for killing elite mobs on Belsavis
CE Member!

Glower
11.18.2012 , 11:12 AM | #6
Whaaat?! Bioware, ***???
Quote: Originally Posted by Rayla_Felana View Post
That's both ludicrous and illogical, the entire point for the XP boost is completely unnecessary without stacking with Rested XP, now I know just to sell them off.
THIS
SWTOR goes F2P: http://i.imgur.com/1962X.jpg
A: "They’d love to do that at some point, but technically very challenging and unlikely to happen in the near future." (c)
PvP FAQ, A: "We have no plans at this time" (c)

Heezdedjim
11.18.2012 , 11:20 AM | #7
I thought it was nice that they made the XP boosts run on /played time only. But if true, this is incredibly stupid and makes them a complete ripoff.

You get rest XP (doubled kill XP) because you did not play for a while. There is no excuse for an item that "boosts XP from all sources by 25%" to rip off all your rest XP as well. With a full rested bar and an XP boost running, you should either get 225% of the normal XP for each kill, or 250%, depending on whether they add or multiply the rested and boost bonuses. Getting ripped off of one because you have the other going is just ignorant, and it sounds like the "boost" (25% buff) is screwing you out of the rested (100%) buff, while still depleting your rested bar.

If you're trying to make the best use of rested XP, then this prevents you from using an XP buff at all until your rested XP bar is depleted, which means you're losing out on the 25% bonus for all of the mission completion bonuses during that time (probably on the whole a bigger loss than losing the kill XP only).

Either way, it's broken and needs to be fixed. It should do what it says on the tin and boost all XP by 25%, not negate a bonus that was already built into the game as a basic mechanic, in order to replace it with a smaller bonus.

Scovina
11.18.2012 , 11:36 AM | #8
You guys are missing the point of the item. First off it is geared more the free to play players than us as it puts them back on equal footing xp gain wise. Also you now don't have a reason to log out in a cantina to have a rested xp rate. If I so choose I can now log out where i was questing once my rested state is gone. Then log back in after a while and not have to run to the area I was at or QT or ride a flight path. Any of these is only a minor nuisance at most so no real harm but it nice to not have to do those things. Also I have not tested the if they stack but I don't care really if they don't.

Andryah
11.18.2012 , 12:07 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Scovina View Post
You guys are missing the point of the item. First off it is geared more the free to play players than us as it puts them back on equal footing xp gain wise.
Exactly!

And it says right on the tool tips that it does not stack.
Forum disputatio ------> est completum ineptias.

SithEmpress
11.18.2012 , 11:42 PM | #10
I don't like this at all, why shouldn't it benefit all players? When it said it won't stack with other buff, I thought it meant you couldn't stack different type of xp boost- such flashpoint, major xp buff, valor, etc. not rest xp. The first one makes sense, but this just makes them pointless for most subs players. I wonder how many people don’t know this and are using xp buff while still having rest xp, and wasting them.

I totally was going to use one of the minor space mission buff for an alt, but seeing she been sitting in rest zone all this time she got a ton of rest xp. I'd have to fly like 400 or more space mission to use it up, not including any she gains while standing in her ship (or when get off). I hope this is bug or they change it.