Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

BW: FIX DPS Operatives! Statistics out of 100 played WZs inside!!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
BW: FIX DPS Operatives! Statistics out of 100 played WZs inside!!

Ahebish's Avatar


Ahebish
11.18.2012 , 11:17 AM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by LordRahlik View Post
I really agree.

Chain-stunning, super high dps, multiple vanish possibilies.

The operative/smuggler-counterpart DPS specs needs to be looked at really hard. A huge nerf is needed.
I guess 6 nerf's in a row wasn't enough.

Carry on then. Bring on the nerf's.

Ahebish's Avatar


Ahebish
11.18.2012 , 11:18 AM | #42
Quote: Originally Posted by TyrellJonez View Post
To the OP:

Your an operative. A Space Ninja. Ninjas don't fight in the front line. They wait in the shadows for the right time to strike and kill with high efficiency.

I'm leveling an operative. I do just fine keeping my space ninja mentality. I jump in the fight when i see a target at 50% and murder it before it can do anything, then proceed to dot (if lethality) or choose the next lowest target and kill it. I flashbang people i know have used their CC breaker and focus a target with someone, then clean up.

It sounds like you don't like that as a play mechanic. Then by all means play a jugg. It sounds like your playstyle. I'm not ragging on you. Don't buy a donkey if you wanna win a horse race. Werd.
You sir, are not level 50.

Lowbie bracket PVP is a joke.

When you get all growed up at level 50. Then you'll see how steep that learning curve really is.

Until then... L2P.

There are 2 types of Concealment operatives at level 50.

1. Real concealments stay concealment (Like me who stayed concealment through all 6 nerfs)

2. ZOMG concealment easymode is easymode are called Heal spec. People who couldn't hack it as concealment went heal spec instead.

Ahebish's Avatar


Ahebish
11.18.2012 , 11:24 AM | #43
Quote: Originally Posted by Gyronamics View Post
Sleep dart fallen off your quickbar?

Thats 1 cc that can screw with anyone not too close to their team.

One that can cripple a group at a distance while your team takes on one at a time or gets on with something else. And a straightforward stun.

Being stealthed at the start allows use of Sleep Dart and you've already escaped while still hindering an enemy.

The in-combat stealth is the other escape.

So yeah, that is a fair bit, you would like to say it's not? - Right cause sins/shadows can't do any of that... don't have a gap closer, do not have a stupid amount of damage mitigation... Hit for 6-7k crits (when was the last time a concealment could do all of that?)

So what did I say:



When I referred to mercs:



I was not referring to the class but the class distribution which is much flatter because there IS no shining light in that tunnel.

You made a thread complaining about the stacking of operatives in certain branches, they are stacked in the healing branch because, yes the healing branch plus all the CC and escapes is entirely the best healing class in the game for pvp.


If you understood that then you'll note I agree that not enough operatives play DPS.

But I see it the other way round.

I don't think the DPS trees are crap, I think the healing tree is just so much more powerful in the WZ.
I'd like to see you stop including concealment specs for healer spec.

They are 2 different animals all together.

So when you speak of a nerf, it's not to concealments it's to Medicine tree for operatives.

Ahebish's Avatar


Ahebish
11.18.2012 , 11:33 AM | #44
Quote: Originally Posted by tatatan View Post
Let me explain to you again:
The one, Biggest hit of Lethality (Cull) rely on the presence of 2 DoT *present*. The DoTs are curable.
Seriously, Stop right there.

1. Lethality dots are NOT cleanseable.

2. http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#401.2 - Refer to Lingering Toxin in the lethality skill tree.

You might want to go back and relearn your class because you obviously don't know it as well as you think. Irony is I've never tried any spec other than concealment and I know more about the off spec than you do.

But hey what do I know... we should just nerf concealments again... that should balance out PVP just fine. Forget the fact resolve is broken. Forget the fact lolbubble sorcs/sages are broken. Forget the fact shadows/sins do everything concealments do except better, and have far more utility in every aspect of PVP and PVE. Forget the fact IA has broken mechanics affiliated with it already that noone wants to acknowledge.

Ahebish's Avatar


Ahebish
11.18.2012 , 11:35 AM | #45
Tatatan,

If you want to claim to know your class at least get your facts strait.

I'm not a FOTM operative like you were. I started concealment in beta and have played it ever since.

So when I say I'm an expert at concealment people better take me seriously about it.

SharpG's Avatar


SharpG
11.18.2012 , 01:03 PM | #46
All of you people saying that a scrapper's role is lockdown, what about the a shadow/assassin? They can do the EXACT same things, only better, and with some of the best defensive CDs in the game (apart from sentinels). Apart from this shadows/assassins generally can pull much higher numbers then a scrapper. A scrapper/concealment operative has no role in PvP that a shadow/assassin can't do better, plain and simple.

The moment someone can prove to me that a scrapper scoundrel/concealment operative can beat out a assassin/shadow in a role is the day I eat my hat, because they can't, plain and simple

Also on a sidenote.. ANY DPS class can take a player out of the game.. a sentinel who constantly targets a healer takes that healer out of the game just as a scrapper would, the only difference is a sentinel has an easier time killing said healer

(And just in case you guys wonder, I have been playing a scrapper scoundrel in PvP/PvE, as well as a dirty fighting scoundrel in PvE mainly, with some PvP (Which its downright terrible in), since early access, so I know the class inside and out, and I have plenty of experience with other classes as well)

Quote: Originally Posted by Ahebish View Post
Seriously, Stop right there.

1. Lethality dots are NOT cleanseable.

2. http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#401.2 - Refer to Lingering Toxin in the lethality skill tree.

You might want to go back and relearn your class because you obviously don't know it as well as you think. Irony is I've never tried any spec other than concealment and I know more about the off spec than you do.
*Sigh* Lethality/Dirty fighting DoTs are cleansable... when cleansed a MUCH MUCH weaker version of them takes their place, they can then be cured after the 6s CD is up for cleanse.. don't talk about stuff you don't know please

Next up, for all you clueless folks, the lethality/dirty fighting shared tree is extremely powerful as a SNIPER/GUNSLINGER in PvE, in PvP, not so much but its still far more viable then a scoundrel using dirty fighting/lethality in PvP/PvE. There are so many people talking out of their butts right now its not even funny, 95% of you don't have the slightest clue of what you are talking about when it comes to the scoundrel class and are adding absolutely nothing to this discussion, so please just stop.

The scrapper/concealment tree needs a buff in the DPS department DESPERATELY, the Lethality/Dirty fighting tree needs to be scrapped and re done completely, its ridiculously broken and extremely clunky, with mediocre DPS and terrible mechanics.

tatatan's Avatar


tatatan
11.18.2012 , 01:58 PM | #47
Quote: Originally Posted by SharpG View Post
....
...
...

The scrapper/concealment tree needs a buff in the DPS department DESPERATELY, the Lethality/Dirty fighting tree needs to be scrapped and re done completely, its ridiculously broken and extremely clunky, with mediocre DPS and terrible mechanics.
Thank You.
This is what i said in my 1st post in this thread. I also made my suggestion there.

Why are people playing other powerfull classes so jealous?? I just ask about FIXING something that is broken.

How can discuss e.g. this:
Quote: Originally Posted by Missandei View Post
And now just be honest with yourself and admit the simple truth:
Noone is playing Lethality in PvP becasue other 2 trees ARE WAY TO OP.
Why to be on par with other classes when you can choose different tree and be OWERPOWERED?
lol..
Seriously, anyone here, who is complaining here about Lethality and Concealment Operatives and how OP they are etc .. How many of you actually PLAY or played the class over at least Valor 70???

Look at my statistics i made again, how can you say about some class that it's op, if you dont even meet them in PVP?? I repeat: out of 800 players, no-one Lethality specced. This is not coincidence.

tatatan's Avatar


tatatan
11.18.2012 , 02:06 PM | #48
Quote: Originally Posted by Ahebish View Post
Tatatan,

If you want to claim to know your class at least get your facts strait.

I'm not a FOTM operative like you were. I started concealment in beta and have played it ever since.

So when I say I'm an expert at concealment people better take me seriously about it.
I know my class (Lethality Operative), thank You. I got it to valor 89, i play it from game start as main character, until recent times.
I never said i'm FOTM - where did you read it?

Let me quote my 1st post in this thread:
...."Concealment
Concealment OPs are ridiculous compared to Assassins. Concealment Nerf strategy of BW caused them to be Cumbersome. I didnt play Concealment Ops that much to dare to speak about Fixes, but it was said already in many other threads...."

Do you see me anywhere i claim myself to be expert Concealment Operative, who know all.??
I think you probably mistaken me with someone else.

I'm not talking about classes i did not play (like some people do in this thread). I'm very confident about knowing my Lethality Operative, so i feel i can discuss it with leisure.

P.S.
Lethality DoTs are curable. It is no secret. Some ppl dont cure them though, for reason. Their Healer can easily heal it with AoE heal and yeah -> 30 sec CC immune.

thank you

Nidza's Avatar


Nidza
11.19.2012 , 02:57 AM | #49
I have a lvl 50 scoundrel full wh (scrapper) and healer-dps hybrid operative in WH on ToFN and I must say,that concealment and scrapper need either 5-10% bonus damage for pvp,15-20% bonus sustained damage for PVE and we need about 15% improvement on our shield probe to follow the residuals from massive gear improvement from the release to the point where the spell scale is just tipped.

Saying all that scrappers are fun to play and they don't got it nearly as bad as mercs and while possibly being the only true anti-class for marauders and sentinels we got it pretty good but only if you are BiS otherwise your burst is going to be so bad it won't be worth having and that's why everyone and their mother is playing healer,it's just easier and much less gear dependent.