Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Force bubble way OP

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Force bubble way OP
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

SajPl
11.18.2012 , 07:47 AM | #281
This spec messes up only 1 class in this game. And since that class is op, fotm and out of control ... who cares. I want more stun-bubbles .

Lafay
11.18.2012 , 07:58 AM | #282
Quote: Originally Posted by SajPl View Post
This spec messes up only 1 class in this game. And since that class is op, fotm and out of control ... who cares. I want more stun-bubbles .
Warriors and Knights (largest population of players) are not the only ones, agents/smugglers (for those that dare not to heal). Indirectly it effects all classes as it is a buff you can put on melee and that in turn effects people that get lept to. If you think it only effects warriors, watch that video again.

DaedalusV
11.18.2012 , 08:55 AM | #283
Quote: Originally Posted by MusicRider View Post
Actually no. When I play my melee I hardly have issues popping the bubble from a safe distance on a 1v1 fight. The main problem has always been that it can be popped on click.
this.
I main a sage healer using the bubblepop spec. Competent melee can pop my bubble outside stun range. Morons think I am a free kill.
Only issue with the bubble is the on demand availability
make the stun happen only if it breaks on damage and its fixed.
Give the 31 point specs some love too and people have choices for coordinated pvp.
"you're going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view."
Arwyn Sage Blitzkrieger Sentinel Sk'ye Guardian

Minack
11.18.2012 , 11:10 AM | #284
The bubble stun is a joke in WZs now. Increase the amount of resolve it fills and disable the option to click it off.

Savej
11.18.2012 , 12:13 PM | #285
<< Warriors and Knights (largest population of players) are not the only ones... >>

I haven't been able to check since f2p but actually sage/sorc was the #1 played class on JM and POT5 until very recently (doing random /who sorc /who sage /who guardian /who sentinel etc. during the wee hours). Shadows/Sins were a bit more random - sometimes there were as many as the kinght/warrior classes, sometimes a little more, sometimes much less, but sages/sorcs were consistently a bit more numerous than anyone else which was where sentinels were before 1.4.

Polebreaker
11.18.2012 , 02:19 PM | #286
Anytime anyone other than a developer says "x class (most played class!)" is just full of sh.t and immediately devalues their statements on anything.

As for the rest of you claiming "omg my OP bubble stun is fine so long as some other class has an obviously OP ability!" well grow the frak up, that's not how balance works. Here's your idea... how about, you keep your bubble stun, lolsmash stays, and EVERY OTHER CLASS gets some stupid OP ability... that's fair, right? How fun will those wz's be when nobody can do anything for being stunned and then killed in one GCD. Doorknobs. Two badly tuned things do NOT make a right, they do NOT cancel each other out in some sort of pvp spreadsheet.

Broken ability is broken... not hard to grasp.

Muramxx
11.18.2012 , 02:38 PM | #287
Quote: Originally Posted by polebreaker View Post
anytime anyone other than a developer says "x class (most played class!)" is just full of sh.t and immediately devalues their statements on anything.

As for the rest of you claiming "omg my op bubble stun is fine so long as some other class has an obviously op ability!" well grow the frak up, that's not how balance works. Here's your idea... How about, you keep your bubble stun, lolsmash stays, and every other class gets some stupid op ability... That's fair, right? How fun will those wz's be when nobody can do anything for being stunned and then killed in one gcd. Doorknobs. Two badly tuned things do not make a right, they do not cancel each other out in some sort of pvp spreadsheet.

Broken ability is broken... Not hard to grasp.
+ 1

MidichIorian
11.18.2012 , 03:48 PM | #288
Quote: Originally Posted by Lafay View Post
HA funny. Dont be that guy. I am a geared mara (almost BIS) and I have a friend that plays some kind of heal/stunbubble hybrid that is pretty much un killable by a warrior. Some might be able to 1v1 him on their warrior but it would be rare, take forever and luck if it happened. Somnax=badmotherF'er.
You are using the servers best PvP healer sorc and best assassin, who also happens to be on the team that steamrolls everyone els, as an example. The guy clearly knows how to play and is not a representation of the population. It's like saying that commandos and mercs are fine just because Zach and Skillex have figured it out.

Not denying that sorcs/sages with the hybrid build, even as dps and in a fair 1 vs 1, can take forever to kill though. I was chased by one for 2 minutes in a warzone the other day (still don't know why I was tagged) and it wasnt until one of his team mates stunned me that I died. That said, the sorc has to be focused on the other player, which I wasnt at the time since I was trying to play the objective, for him/her to go down and even when focused it's not like a sorc/sage is going to burn someone down in a matter of seconds. So again, the bubble is only a problem when placed on other classes, classes that are already out of control. Fix those classes so that sorcs/sages can go back to pure dps specs.

byteresistor
11.18.2012 , 04:22 PM | #289
Crap like this really needs to be done away from the game. I'm fine with giving Sorcerers/Sages something else instead as a compensation though.

KiranK
11.18.2012 , 04:36 PM | #290
Sigh, came back to see if F2P would make the game worth while. Stun bubble says, "Hells no!", at least PvP wise. Resolve change is garbage too. Why are we removing decision making and conscious effort from the game again? At least before you had to time your stuns to keep a person locked down. Now it's just spam the stun buttons. Someone is bound to have one up at the right time and you aren't penalized for jumping the gun.

Quote: Originally Posted by AllisonBerryman View Post
Thanks for posting your thoughts about the stun bubble and its Resolve value. We do plan on making some changes to the bubble in the future, but we're still looking at some different options for addressing concerns about it. We'll continue taking your feedback into account and will let you know more when we can.
The only thing you've affirmed is that the PvP community has no reason to have any faith in you or the other EABioware devs what-so-ever. The best you can give us is "we''re looking into other ways to continue to allow it to be OP" when the skill was fine to begin with. Now it's straight up broken. You guys must eat, sleep, and breath cluelessness. No MMO will ever get PvP right.
There's no QQing in baseball.