Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

What is happening to PvP?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
What is happening to PvP?

Yame
11.18.2012 , 09:23 AM | #1
I use to suck at it. Now in Warzones i have been becoming the best player. I am even getting MpV votes now. How did this happen?
Prophecy of the Five
Yame Level 50 Sniper

Tarryks
11.18.2012 , 09:40 AM | #2
Let's see.

1. You're getting better with practice, level and gear.
2. The F2P players are hitting WZ's and don't know their heads from their...you know.
3. Both 1 & 2.

Oh, and your a sniper so you can stun and knockback at will, stay in one place and 2 shot people.

Madvillainist
11.18.2012 , 09:45 AM | #3
People don't get "better" at MMO PvP lol

Yame
11.18.2012 , 10:01 AM | #4
well i am lvl 31 now. Have not updated the sig yet. But I just bought the outlaw gear from the Cartel.
Prophecy of the Five
Yame Level 50 Sniper

Kerensk
11.18.2012 , 02:22 PM | #5
In your 20's you finally start getting some skills that boost what you can do. By the 40s you feel like a dynamic player that regularly dominates the board and you get pissed at the noobs to lose the game by not playing to objectives.

Then you hit 50.
And you realize your skill isn't as great as you think and for the first time everybody's gear isn't buffed to the same level.
The Harbinger, Piett Legacy
“It's an older quote but it checks out. I was about to clear it. ”

Jherad
11.18.2012 , 02:41 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Madvillainist View Post
Speak for yourself.
WFW - Waiting For Wildstar
Zacharďah - Commando / Chasso - Merc
Youtube / Twitch
2.4 is the PvP Patch! ... J/K, Removing RWZs trolololol

iHumanist
11.18.2012 , 02:53 PM | #7
Right. People don't age either.
Arkinvis, Dark Lord of the Sith
"The dark side offers power for power's sake. You must crave it. Covet it. You must seek power above all else, with no reservation or hesitation. The Force will change you. It will transform you."

darthmorbous
11.18.2012 , 03:38 PM | #8
well...in DCUO; Age Of Conan , GW2 you can REALLY get better. Here too actually but here is this Gear>Skill problem.
but thats also alright if you want that kind of progression.
I play all those games. I LOVE the combat from DCUO , there is no better than that Imho, mouse clicks and holds for weaps + a few slots for powers/skills + active blocking, dodging anti cc and good power management. also some gear progression. Age of Conan gave me carpal tunnel, its combat is great too, but after 1.5 is more gear oriented; still VERY skill based. GW2 is the perfect blend of eeverything above , and swtor is traditional.
I play Swtor cause i like to win **** that makes me op sometimes lol; when i wanna relax.
So i sub here and play the others for free. its healthy.
Trevise Jedi Shadow
Karkus Tritonos, Sith Marauder
Hanunaki ; assassin

FourTwent
11.18.2012 , 04:27 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by darthmorbous View Post
well...in DCUO; Age Of Conan , GW2 you can REALLY get better. Here too actually but here is this Gear>Skill problem.
but thats also alright if you want that kind of progression.
I play all those games. I LOVE the combat from DCUO , there is no better than that Imho, mouse clicks and holds for weaps + a few slots for powers/skills + active blocking, dodging anti cc and good power management. also some gear progression. Age of Conan gave me carpal tunnel, its combat is great too, but after 1.5 is more gear oriented; still VERY skill based. GW2 is the perfect blend of eeverything above , and swtor is traditional.
I play Swtor cause i like to win **** that makes me op sometimes lol; when i wanna relax.
So i sub here and play the others for free. its healthy.

awww, that's so cute. we have another gear > skill casual

RycheMykola
11.18.2012 , 05:26 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Tarryks View Post
Let's see.

1. You're getting better with practice, level and gear.
2. The F2P players are hitting WZ's and don't know their heads from their...you know.
3. Both 1 & 2.

Oh, and your a sniper so you can stun and knockback at will, stay in one place and 2 shot people.
F2P's can only do 3 WZ's a week, they are inconsequential in PVP.