Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Force bubble way OP

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Force bubble way OP
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

mrekxxx
11.18.2012 , 02:32 AM | #271
Quote: Originally Posted by denpic View Post
Keep the stun for the caster but not for the players They cast it on

Fixed
this ...

but add something usefull, because sorcerer wouldnt be wanted in rateds anymore

Kaile
11.18.2012 , 04:09 AM | #272
Quote: Originally Posted by Lafay View Post
lookout we got a ****** over here.

1. Seen that video of those sorc keeping people stunlocked? http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=553499
2. They dont have to be, they just have to be at the node the team is attacking/ballcarrier. Who cares about killing a person that does not help cap/score/plant. If a sorc is there, melee is stuned. By target or somone close clicking off their stun, they are locked.
3. Seriously read, I offered 2 suggestions myself. (increase resolve generation of stun and/or give sorc a def cooldown)
4. I dont play a sorc, but I also dont want to hear them whine when they get nerfed, in the end BW will do as they please, but after seeing many friends quit because of nerfs to their class, i would hate to see some of my sorc friends join the list, so i am emploring sorc's to help the process along.
5. I am not going to pretend i know anything about a sorc and how they function so all i am sayin, is they should speak up now instead of whining later.
My first reply was a little snarky but I honestly am not trolling in my response. It's hard to understand tone when reading so if it offends, it's not what is intended.

1. Seen those 1,000,000 videos of juggs-maras facerolling paper thin sorcs since launch?
2. If ANYONE is there a sorc is targeted not to mention marked and doomed. Also I was getting at the fact that there are multiple objctives and a sorc can't be everywhere at once.
3. Your first suggestion is definitly a good one, the second one IMO not so good.
4. Sorcs have been nerfed for months and months with their own share of whining, but somewhat justified IMO. I don't want anyone to unsub either but if they rage quit over nerfs then they probably should rethink MMO's.
5. I think there have been plenty of sorcs that have spoken up.

This thread is mainly melee QQ and that is ok and to be expected. The bubble could use maybe a minor tweak but nothing big. People lose WZ's, get mad, and vent on the forums. This post is a shining example of making mountains out of molehills, but of course that's my opinion.

Lafay
11.18.2012 , 04:52 AM | #273
Quote: Originally Posted by Kaile View Post
My first reply was a little snarky but I honestly am not trolling in my response. It's hard to understand tone when reading so if it offends, it's not what is intended.

1. Seen those 1,000,000 videos of juggs-maras facerolling paper thin sorcs since launch?
2. If ANYONE is there a sorc is targeted not to mention marked and doomed. Also I was getting at the fact that there are multiple objctives and a sorc can't be everywhere at once.
3. Your first suggestion is definitly a good one, the second one IMO not so good.
4. Sorcs have been nerfed for months and months with their own share of whining, but somewhat justified IMO. I don't want anyone to unsub either but if they rage quit over nerfs then they probably should rethink MMO's.
5. I think there have been plenty of sorcs that have spoken up.

This thread is mainly melee QQ and that is ok and to be expected. The bubble could use maybe a minor tweak but nothing big. People lose WZ's, get mad, and vent on the forums. This post is a shining example of making mountains out of molehills, but of course that's my opinion.
1. Yes, but I know a few sorcs that were good without the stunbubbles, now they are nigh-unsoloable for melee if they know what their doing. Previously it was easy to kill baddie sorcs. I am friends with a few that were tough to kill then (NOT BADDIE) and are now impossible to kill, dont blame the class, blame the player.

2. Agreed, most baddie sorcs were easy targets. Now, i really mark em up and scream for FOCUS TARGET cause i hate those damn stun bubbles, where is used to just brush most of them asside. the community is learning to focus these stun bubble sorc now also but it is taking time for them to learn who the hell is stunning them over and over.

3. Yea, idk really cause i dont play one, but i do know that what the community whines about eventually gets nerfed (see stunlocking operatives), I would hate to loose my sorc friends like i lost my op friends.

4. Yea, there is always going to be a flavor of the month, TBH i never saw a need for previous sorc nerfs. I dont think they were OP then but, specifically stunbubbles, feels op now.

5. I see a few sorcs speaking up but usually it is "HAHA IM OP NOW, DIE NOOB" or they just say that "well warriors are OP with smash so i deseerve to be OP also". I would like to see some other ways the class can benifit the ranked groups besides sruns.

I have another idea, How about sorc get a buff that can be used in say 45sec - 1 min CD that rejuvinates their team/ops groups resources over time, so in effect warriors get some rage for free, bounty hunters loose heat, agents gain energy and inquisitors gain force. That would rock and help the whole team. If potent enough, it would make people want to protect their sorc so the stunbubbles wouldnt have to. Maybe im dreaming though...

TipsyDrow
11.18.2012 , 05:21 AM | #274
Fine, take away my bubble stun, but....
I want benevolence to be an instant cast spell.
I want deliverence to to have half the channel time.
I want to root on knockback low enough in the tele tree so all three specs can get it.
I want turbulence to either be an instant cast or do twice the damage.
I want an auto project proc added to sever force if target is affected by mind crush.
There ya go...sorcs/sages fixed and usefull in every tree.
In other words give us our flipping healing and dps back that the idiots from bioware took in 1.2 that was completely uneccesary. they neede to fix one bug and that was double dipping for the conveyance proc, that's all they needed to do.
BrŽanne-GuardianSynafaee-Sage

Aeringunnr-PowertechIxzaluah-Sorceress

Davina-lucina-JuggernautAnnšlisš-Mercenary

LiŽllanna-Operative Kšvš-Assassin

BoDiE
11.18.2012 , 05:28 AM | #275
Quote: Originally Posted by Lafay View Post
1. Yes, but I know a few sorcs that were good without the stunbubbles, now they are nigh-unsoloable for melee if they know what their doing. Previously it was easy to kill baddie sorcs. I am friends with a few that were tough to kill then (NOT BADDIE) and are now impossible to kill, dont blame the class, blame the player.

2. Agreed, most baddie sorcs were easy targets. Now, i really mark em up and scream for FOCUS TARGET cause i hate those damn stun bubbles, where is used to just brush most of them asside. the community is learning to focus these stun bubble sorc now also but it is taking time for them to learn who the hell is stunning them over and over.

3. Yea, idk really cause i dont play one, but i do know that what the community whines about eventually gets nerfed (see stunlocking operatives), I would hate to loose my sorc friends like i lost my op friends.

4. Yea, there is always going to be a flavor of the month, TBH i never saw a need for previous sorc nerfs. I dont think they were OP then but, specifically stunbubbles, feels op now.

5. I see a few sorcs speaking up but usually it is "HAHA IM OP NOW, DIE NOOB" or they just say that "well warriors are OP with smash so i deseerve to be OP also". I would like to see some other ways the class can benifit the ranked groups besides sruns.

I have another idea, How about sorc get a buff that can be used in say 45sec - 1 min CD that rejuvinates their team/ops groups resources over time, so in effect warriors get some rage for free, bounty hunters loose heat, agents gain energy and inquisitors gain force. That would rock and help the whole team. If potent enough, it would make people want to protect their sorc so the stunbubbles wouldnt have to. Maybe im dreaming though...
No way are sorcs unsolo-able with this bubble. They have to take a lot of points in the most useless tree just so they get a stun. A geared mara/ jugg will faceroll a sorc in no time at all.
epicfail
Nothing ever good comes from gaming forums.

MusicRider
11.18.2012 , 06:44 AM | #276
I have yet to see anyone with a rebuttal about the bubble not affecting ranged enemies. All of the complaining seems to be coming from the melee folks. If the ability only affects melee, then it seems it is more about QQ then it is about the bubble being OP.
Actually I have in the past as a hybrid sage. Awesome sentinels with bubble stun will leap, click and debuff their bubble, stunning you for 3 secs, in which case if you are without a bubble stun yourself be prepared to be ravaged and smashed, or if you have a bubble stun they will dot, move out of range, blade storm you, back on range and smash you, while in the meantime you are probably looking for your own bubble icon to click.

MusicRider
11.18.2012 , 06:51 AM | #277
Actually no. When I play my melee I hardly have issues popping the bubble from a safe distance on a 1v1 fight. The main problem has always been that it can be popped on click.

GuillimanT
11.18.2012 , 06:58 AM | #278
It occurs to me all the problems with the bubble can be fixed by removing the stun component. It still stops damage which is very nice and has a relative small cooldown.

Lafay
11.18.2012 , 07:36 AM | #279
Quote: Originally Posted by BoDiE View Post
No way are sorcs unsolo-able with this bubble. They have to take a lot of points in the most useless tree just so they get a stun. A geared mara/ jugg will faceroll a sorc in no time at all.
HA funny. Dont be that guy. I am a geared mara (almost BIS) and I have a friend that plays some kind of heal/stunbubble hybrid that is pretty much un killable by a warrior. Some might be able to 1v1 him on their warrior but it would be rare, take forever and luck if it happened. Somnax=badmotherF'er.

Lafay
11.18.2012 , 07:37 AM | #280
Quote: Originally Posted by TipsyDrow View Post
Fine, take away my bubble stun, but....
I want benevolence to be an instant cast spell.
I want deliverence to to have half the channel time.
I want to root on knockback low enough in the tele tree so all three specs can get it.
I want turbulence to either be an instant cast or do twice the damage.
I want an auto project proc added to sever force if target is affected by mind crush.
There ya go...sorcs/sages fixed and usefull in every tree.
In other words give us our flipping healing and dps back that the idiots from bioware took in 1.2 that was completely uneccesary. they neede to fix one bug and that was double dipping for the conveyance proc, that's all they needed to do.
I like this guy, sorc should do what sorc was designed to do, not this stun crap that everyone has to hybrid into to be a successful team player.