Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Cybertech grenades Ruining Warzones

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Cybertech grenades Ruining Warzones

FourTwent's Avatar


FourTwent
11.17.2012 , 08:09 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Kihi View Post
FourTwent, is this seat next to you taken? I'll bring sodas...
it sure isn't! come and watch the show

phatduece's Avatar


phatduece
11.17.2012 , 09:01 PM | #12
I dont recall others without cybertech crewskill are able to use them, but then again just subbed today from 1.2. I have alot of catching up to do.

foxmob's Avatar


foxmob
11.18.2012 , 12:21 AM | #13
anyone can use them, but like biochem, only a cybertech can reuse them. I'm not sure why they nerfed biochem. there's no reason biochems shouldn't be ablt to reuse a special exotech stim just as they can rakata. it's not a nunbers advantage. it's a money saving thing. and every craft benefits the crafter on the gtn...and very little anywhere else.

anyway, there is too much cc. grenades aren't in themselves a problem. but they are cc, and all the cc is a problem. my gawd, get rid of something...or re-fix resolve.

I wanna know who on earth ever complained that there was too little CC in the game that would cause BW to tweak the resolve so that you get appreciably MORE cc. oye!
Krackerjack/Deinon/Antiphon
JC -- Harb -- TEH

Kurvv's Avatar


Kurvv
11.18.2012 , 12:46 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Aerilas View Post
you can buy them on the GTN. there is no disadvantage.

/thread
That argument didn't stop them from removing adrenals.

I'm not against grenades, but removing adrenals was imo a stupid and unnecessary change. They could've just removed on-use relics and voila, no more stacking adrenals and relics.

Grenades and adrenals both offer more chances for correct/incorrect tactical decision making - ways to separate good from bad and great from good. But since the majority of sub money comes from bad players, Bioware has to either cater to the lowest common denominator or lose money. Unfortunately this probably means grenades will be removed eventually too.
My preferred method of cc is death

Meepbot's Avatar


Meepbot
11.18.2012 , 12:53 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Kurvv View Post
That argument didn't stop them from removing adrenals.

I'm not against grenades, but removing adrenals was imo a stupid and unnecessary change. They could've just removed on-use relics and voila, no more stacking adrenals and relics.

Grenades and adrenals both offer more chances for correct/incorrect tactical decision making - ways to separate good from bad and great from good. But since the majority of sub money comes from bad players, Bioware has to either cater to the lowest common denominator or lose money. Unfortunately this probably means grenades will be removed eventually too.
When I asked why a tank VG once ran through a fire in huttball without losing very much health, about 15%, he said an adrenal + reactive shield would stop it.....last I checked cybertech grenades didnt let you live through fires
The Shadeslayer Legacy |The Harbinger | No Guild
Bloo, 50 Sniper | Turtlestomper, 50 Merc | Beautiful-Ocean, 50 Jug | Arran, 50 Sin
Guiotine, 50 Sent | Popojoe, 50 Sage | Ericksson, 50 Scoundrel | Phoenix, 50 VG

mrekxxx's Avatar


mrekxxx
11.18.2012 , 02:28 AM | #16
I guess, problem is resolve system, yeah it works but in reality and especially in ranked everyteam has bubble stun sorcerer and almost every player use those stun grenades and result is game is not smooth. Ppl are more stunned then they do something. Sometimes no fun for me. Its like streaming video from youtube with bad internet connection or lags versus to watch blueray disk :P

Stuns are in the game to have some situational advantage. For example sorcerer healer stuns some1, run away and heals up while oppent is stunned, so when i started this game i couldnt understand why every class have 2 stuns. And now bubbles and grenades. So every class have 4 stuns in ranked.

Solution for resolve? I would love they could just change one thing. When i am stunned i cannot receive damage. Thats all. Its all moght be about advantage. When stunned ppl couldnt receive damage during stun is active ppl wouldn't stun so much because it would be useless and damage dealing decrease. So they rly would use stun only for advantage to gain some time to cap turret or so. But stunned guy would stay there with full hp and they coudlnt kill him while is stunned.

What do you think?

DarkSaberMaster's Avatar


DarkSaberMaster
11.18.2012 , 02:45 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by FourTwent View Post
it sure isn't! come and watch the show
I got the Milk Duds.
Referral link to claim your new or returning player rewards.
Ezs'ra: Sith Mara
Harbinger

Nightthunder's Avatar


Nightthunder
11.18.2012 , 03:00 AM | #18
You can create grenades at lvl 100 Cybertech... you can farm Hammer station 24/7 for materials...
Why does this post even exist?
Try to adapt and quit whining or just quit in general...

Dacer's Avatar


Dacer
11.18.2012 , 03:39 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Nightthunder View Post
You can create grenades at lvl 100 Cybertech... you can farm Hammer station 24/7 for materials...
Why does this post even exist?
Try to adapt and quit whining or just quit in general...
Just got my Sniper's Cybertech up to making Grenades... Hammer station you say.

Thanks for the tip

vimm's Avatar


vimm
11.18.2012 , 04:04 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Royox View Post
Lol no fking idea.

Still is not fair the fact that you can use "external" weapons/skills to use on WZ's. It's a "pay to win PVP" xD
Welcome to MMO's.
geeR
Phantom of the Operative