Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Premades are ruining non-ranked warzones

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Premades are ruining non-ranked warzones

TridusSWTOR's Avatar


TridusSWTOR
11.17.2012 , 07:41 PM | #901
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthRaika View Post
Muram your response was ignorant of this thread. Its fine but it is.

My point was that many of us talking on this thread want a matchmaking system.

There is major MAJOR contention between the current system and a solo q only / group q only system.

There is less fighting when it comes to making a matchmaking system.

I don't want the system to stay as is. I want a simple matchmaking system that tries to match premades for a few minutes and also allows for mixed faction teams (would help premade matching and would help stop people from gaming the system).

My goal is to get people asking for a solo only q to realize the futility of their attempts and to realize that even a simple matchmaking system including mixed faction teams would make thier pvp experience much much better.

If many of us can get behind one idea then maybe the devs will maybe notice us. However, arguing as we are there really isn't anything the devs would do even if they were watching this thread (not holding my breath lol).
Well calling people ignorant doesn't really help your "lets not fight guys" agenda. Just sayin',

By the way I disagree, no new people are coming into PVP and queue's will only get longer. It's a shame since F2P is happening, this was the time to lure in new people and get them interested but hey they get to play against premades with no chance to win. Matchmaking is just more of the same, only reworded, I'm glad you are sold on that term though if that makes you think things will change.

TheLordMagnus's Avatar


TheLordMagnus
11.17.2012 , 07:42 PM | #902
pvp is a joke here and its due to one reson pve skills with no thinking about how they would play out in pvp
zap zap stun stun slow slow
LVL 50 SORCC RDPS ACTIVE
LVL 30 JUG DMG ACTIVE
LvL 50 MARRA ACTIVE

Doomsdaycomes's Avatar


Doomsdaycomes
11.17.2012 , 07:55 PM | #903
Quote: Originally Posted by TridusSWTOR View Post
The thing is, we have evidence PVP is dieing due to the clear lack and struggle(you admit to having as well) to gather a ranked pvp match. Ranked pvp been around for quite a bit now, nothing has changed...actually I take that back, it's gotten worse. You are offering a solution that changes nothing but label it as "matchmaking" when it's really just Premade vs Pug v2.

I'm sorry I had to open your mind to that fact but I felt it needed to be said before you kept repeating a bad suggestion.

Solo queue bracket will bring more people into PVP thus more potential competition to group pvp. Current system doesn't welcome new people to PVP at all, so you are stuck with the same groups, whom will probably get bored and leave. It's just glaringly obvious how much this would work, but I admit would only truly work with cross server queue's in place.
As I said before, -we- do not know why PvP is suffering. It could be from the Gear gap, the time to grind, premade vs. PuG, bad players, a failure to understand MMO pvp, lack of warzones, lack of class balance, or maybe the great Daddy in the Sky just wants to smite Swtor. The proposed split queue system only addresses one possible issue, and it causes as much if not more harm then good.

As for why ranked is dead/dying, I'd say in my opinion, it's the entry level requirement to Play it. Something I find people have trouble getting through their skulls is the difference between the requirements to Play, and the requirements to Win.

Non-ranked has low entry requirements: Hit 50, Queue up.
Non-Ranked has a slightly higher requirement to win (most of the time): Hit 50, Find 1-3 friends, gear up to atleast BM, try and get a decent team composition.

Yet ranked (the dead queue) is different because...

Ranked entry requirement: Hit 50, Find exactly 7 other people.
Ranked requirement to win (most of the time): Hit 50, find 7 other people, gear up to mostly WH, get a decent team composition.

Doomsdaycomes's Avatar


Doomsdaycomes
11.17.2012 , 07:58 PM | #904
Quote: Originally Posted by TridusSWTOR View Post
Well calling people ignorant doesn't really help your "lets not fight guys" agenda. Just sayin',

By the way I disagree, no new people are coming into PVP and queue's will only get longer. It's a shame since F2P is happening, this was the time to lure in new people and get them interested but hey they get to play against premades with no chance to win. Matchmaking is just more of the same, only reworded, I'm glad you are sold on that term though if that makes you think things will change.
Any decent F2P will (one, buy a wz pass and thus not be f2p) take the steps neccessary to have a "chance to win." The rest, we're probably better without. No offense, but I hate playing with whiners and people who act like their sitll in their early tweens.

maxetius's Avatar


maxetius
11.17.2012 , 08:25 PM | #905
PvP is dying mostly because it isn't fun. Even when I join my guild's premades and rock and roll over the nubs and bads, I get bored easily. If i was the guy getting facerolled I'd be even less interested. There's no semblance of balance and no point in doing it except gear that makes me look like everyone else.

World PVP may change things but i'm pretty sure Bioware said screw it, lets just make more ops and warzones and be just like world of pandacraft.

DarthRaika's Avatar


DarthRaika
11.17.2012 , 08:28 PM | #906
The way I used ignorant it was not an insult. I am ignorant of many things as is everyone. He didn't read my other posts.

A decent matchmaking system is nothing like this. Especially if they allow diff faction teams.

Solo only Q would actually be easeir to game than matching.

I HATE PUGSTOMPING. I want premades to fight premades and pugs to fight pugs.

THEY WILL NOT DO SOLO ONLY Q WITHOUT CROSS SERVER AND CROSS SERVER IS NOT HAPPENING ANYTIME SOON.

As soon as you realize this we can work together and pester the devs to fix pvp.

Also, remember with mixed faction teams then if 2 imp premades q and 0 pub ones q then the imp premades will fight eachother while the pugs will be on both sides.

Muramxx's Avatar


Muramxx
11.17.2012 , 09:39 PM | #907
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthRaika View Post
The way I used ignorant it was not an insult. I am ignorant of many things as is everyone. He didn't read my other posts..
Yep I am ignorant because I read one of your posts and called you on it /shrug whatever. It desn't matter if you write 100 posts and then on the 101st you write something that's off and you get called on it get over it.

Hard facts and statistics rule the day.
Fact: Most people that play are PUGers
Fact: Only so many people actually come to the forums and post so what you see on the forums VS what is in game... are different.
Fact: From what I have read cross server ques... not going to happen.
Possible: From what I have read on all the forums, and my own experiences each server is heavy one side or the other in terms of Empire VS Republic. Example: Premade teams are on the Pubs side so people from the Empire re-roll to the pubs so they don't get noobstomped making the gap/ques worse.
Fact: The gear gap in PVP is horrible. The saying the rich get richer and the poor stay poor holds true. The elites group up, no one wants the lessers because it means a possible chance to lose rather then a full group of elites.
Fact: You piss off the bulk of the player base (PUGers, getting ROFLStomped) and they either stop stop PVPing or quite the game all together. This means guess what the ques get much longer and premades fight premades.

As it stands less PUGrs will que, less f2p people will stay because of the PVP. Eventually it will take more time to que a game and when you do it will be premade against premade with a couple of PUGers that havent been chased away. You add a solo/2 person que and a group one and the Que will get a little longer (mostly for the premades as there aren't as many of them) allow same sides to fight it out (pub vs pub, emp vs emp) and I doubt it will go up as much as everyone believes. Or there can be an elaberate match making system which will increase the que. Because if you just have it look for premade vs premade and it can't find it said fact number 4 will happen. all the premades will be on one side (pub or emp) and the same thing we have right now will happen.

Sorry to say there is no magic silver bullet for this and people have some good ideas some not so much. The problem is no matter what you do someone will lose out. So what hapens? You find the path that the least amount of people getting screwed hard and you learn that whatever side you are on you will lose some points in some areas and win some in others. Either really really long ques for 90% of your matches being even or getting ROFLstomped if you don't turn into an elitist or the ques get a little longer and PUG's play PUG's and Premades play Premades.

HuaRya's Avatar


HuaRya
11.17.2012 , 09:55 PM | #908
devs simple fix

people who group play with other groups

people who solo play with solo


the end

Arkerus's Avatar


Arkerus
11.17.2012 , 10:04 PM | #909
Quote: Originally Posted by HuaRya View Post
devs simple fix

people who group play with other groups

people who solo play with solo


the end
They did this in WoW and it worked great. Groups of 4 or more had to go I to the premade queue because premade offers significant advantages over pug.
Hooning in the rex : http://youtu.be/xtXUM6yPMCY

Muramxx's Avatar


Muramxx
11.17.2012 , 10:20 PM | #910
Quote: Originally Posted by HuaRya View Post
devs simple fix

people who group play with other groups

people who solo play with solo


the end
The noobstompers don't want that to happen though, takes away their farming even though they keep saying "It sucks and is boring" that's not what they really think, because they are very vocal on saying "L2P" when they know that isn't the issue.