Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Weekly PvP pass price too high IMO

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Weekly PvP pass price too high IMO

Ksaweri
11.16.2012 , 05:52 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Smashbrother View Post
It's $8 a month to just pvp using CCs, and even less if you choose to opt out for a week due to RL issues. It's not the $5 you wanted, but seriously it's a difference of $3 dollars.
Yeah no, read the third post in this thread...

Smashbrother
11.16.2012 , 05:55 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Ksaweri View Post
Yeah no, read the third post in this thread...
Yeah read the other posts in the thread. The 5500CC pack makes it so its $8 a month.

But hey, if it's too much for you, then go spend your time and money elsewhere.

Ksaweri
11.16.2012 , 05:59 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Smashbrother View Post
Yeah read the other posts in the thread. The 5500CC pack makes it so its $8 a month.

But hey, if it's too much for you, then go spend your time and money elsewhere.
Well, I was sort of hoping for a debate.

I have already stated I'm not willing to spend lots of money buying big packs but you've just told me to buy big packs!

But, in a way, you are right. I will spend my time elsewhere.

DarthRaika
11.16.2012 , 08:20 PM | #24
I'm a subscriber so not qq'n for myself but I do want a healthy pvp community and that does seem high. IMO you should have action bars, any gear, and pvp for 7.50. That would seem fair. Anymore just seems like you should get a subscription. I guess 8.00 for all of that would be fine since slightly over half but if its 10 dollars when paying month to month that seems crazy when you are going with the assumption that swtor wants to attract MORE players. Just seems like bad business imo.

Also, I know its hard for many of us to understand but some ftp'rs can't easily afford 15$ a month and so they can't afford buying large bundles.

Kegparty
11.17.2012 , 10:02 AM | #25
I only believe the purp gear unlock is to put the stuff on.... once it expires dont remove it. As far as the bars goes just play a certain class I can name a few. Remember you get an entire great game for free if you want to level two new characters.

FourTwent
11.17.2012 , 10:25 AM | #26
If it only cost, say, $5 per month to PvP on a f2p account (even if I had to pay extra to unlock the needed action bars, gear etc) I might have actually come back, as PvP is what I only did when I subbed months ago.

I do realise the more coins you buy the better the deal but I'm not dropping a big wad of cash all at once on a game I've already paid for in the past.

As it stands I'm out, I'll see if the prices change in a few months time.

Update:

The point I was making was I'm not going to sub. There is way too much (ever increasing) competition out there for me to sub to this game again. I would be a casual SWTOR player if the price's were better.

I'm one example of an ex-player who will not be returning to the game, and as a few of you have said its cheaper with big purchases of subs/coins but in my OP I said this is exactly what I wont be doing...

Now, coming to the SWTOR forums and telling people what I think about this is bound to attract many naturally biased subscribers (which is fine) telling me to subscribe but my opinion still stands and if you want TOR to survive with a healthy player base I hope somebody out there will listen.
i think it's 7 dollars a month to just PVP with the weekly passes. that's only 2 dollars more than you're 'willing to pay'

Groncho
11.17.2012 , 10:38 AM | #27
Monthly CC cost for PvP Passes = 960

Say I bought the $9.99 pack for 1050 CC.

So it costs me $9.13 for monthly PvP pass. That is not less than half the sub cost.

I would also want to spend 1700 CC on two unlocks for action bars and artifact equipment as an extra cost.
Yesterday i had dinner. I spent almost 45 usd on it. Didn'y bought wine tho.
Suscription is 0.5 USD per day to have full stuff
I know u are complaining because with 0.5 USD u can buy those yummy candies u love.
Lol even here in Argentina u can't even get a bus for 0.5 usd cents

TL;DR: COMPLAINING ABOUT FREE STUFF= PRICELESS
Ch
LATIN LOVER

Ksaweri
11.17.2012 , 12:03 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by FourTwent View Post
i think it's 7 dollars a month to just PVP with the weekly passes. that's only 2 dollars more than you're 'willing to pay'
Read the 3rd post in this thread...

Quote: Originally Posted by Groncho View Post
Yesterday i had dinner. I spent almost 45 usd on it. Didn'y bought wine tho.
Suscription is 0.5 USD per day to have full stuff
I know u are complaining because with 0.5 USD u can buy those yummy candies u love.
Lol even here in Argentina u can't even get a bus for 0.5 usd cents

TL;DR: COMPLAINING ABOUT FREE STUFF= PRICELESS
Good for you.

Anyway, I give up. I'm off to PvP in other games with my monthly budget. I'm a casual gamer who plays maybe 5 or 6 different games, sadly SWTOR isnt good enough value for it to be included at present and I doubt I'm the only one who thinks like that.

DarthRaika
11.17.2012 , 12:06 PM | #29
why do these types of threads always fall into people talking about how that amount is so low. Look you people saying this I bet I have far more money than yall do. That is not the point.

I think all of us want SWTOR to do well. FTP is for several main reasons. It gets hardcore people to pay far more than they would with a sub model. It lowers the barrier of entry and gets people to try the game and then hopefully pay some amount pretty often. ftp helps bring in some small amount from people that wouldn't be there otherwise. It also and very importantly helps keep servers healthy which helps keep subscribers subscribing.

I assume all of us people currently playing want the game to grow. If that assumption is correct then this conversation should be about whether the current price will hurt that growth. I think it will. If a sub price is somewhat high for you then why would you pay several times a sub price.

Remember many of these people aren't sure they want to keep playing. If they were they would probably buy the sub.

RazielHex
11.17.2012 , 12:10 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthRaika View Post
. FTP is for several main reasons.
Mostly to grab files from a networked drive or share using ports 20 and 21 depending on TCP or UDP connections.