Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

PvP experience... working as intended?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
PvP experience... working as intended?

MidichIorian
11.16.2012 , 02:03 PM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by UGLYMRJ View Post
Last night yeah... I guess it's been fixed from what people are saying but with both XP boosts me and my guild were gaining a level for every 4 war zones, and we were all at different level ranging from 12 to mid 40's.
I guess we'll finally get to hear what you think of 50 pvp as a sorc.

We've been waiting a looooong time.

It's much easier now btw, as long as you spec for bubbles.

UGLYMRJ
11.16.2012 , 02:04 PM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by MidichIorian View Post
I guess we'll finally get to hear what you think of 50 pvp as a sorc.

We've been waiting a looooong time.
LOL... yeah I've been slacking on the sorc to min/max marauder and gear PT. Level 40 now with the new changes that came in 1.4 I doubt I'll be complaining much.

I HATE the bubbles though!!! Bubbles, rage/focus and Mercs need to be adjusted.

And don't even get me started on the annihilation changes...

Technohic
11.16.2012 , 02:09 PM | #33
I think now would be a good time for me to blitz through my sage before bubble nerf or any possible XP nerf

Been working on my scoundrel; but I want to cap comms on him and don't want to risk it. I really want both main and offhand WH for him to start. Maybe by then, they will at least let me turn off legacy XP boosts when desired or something.

UGLYMRJ
11.16.2012 , 02:24 PM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by Technohic View Post
I think now would be a good time for me to blitz through my sage before bubble nerf or any possible XP nerf

Been working on my scoundrel; but I want to cap comms on him and don't want to risk it. I really want both main and offhand WH for him to start. Maybe by then, they will at least let me turn off legacy XP boosts when desired or something.
I was desperately trying to get my low level jug out of his useless phase. Man they're horrible at low levels.... thankfully the end result makes up for it.

vimm
11.16.2012 , 03:55 PM | #35
I've always liked a grind for the idea of top tier gear and min/max characters being more of a rarity. So the elite stand out instantly. As it is now there a tons of min/max players who are wasting their time to put it nicely. So much gear and so little skill.

So yeah... not only leveling but I wish the gear grind was tougher.
I don't like that, because then one-class wonders shine.
geeR
Phantom of the Operative

UGLYMRJ
11.16.2012 , 04:00 PM | #36
Quote: Originally Posted by vimm View Post
I don't like that, because then one-class wonders shine.
Yeah... it really wouldn't make the masses happy. Just a personal preference... I think it goes back to my early Diablo days... you know? When the game was good and when rare drops and items were actually, well.... rare.

An active player can literally grind 2 pieces of top tier PvP gear and much more than that in PvE per week. That's why I always laugh when people complain about the gear grind. I've seen far tougher grinds and this one is a cake walk. I think the high casual population plays into that though.

vimm
11.16.2012 , 04:56 PM | #37
Yeah... it really wouldn't make the masses happy. Just a personal preference... I think it goes back to my early Diablo days... you know? When the game was good and when rare drops and items were actually, well.... rare.

An active player can literally grind 2 pieces of top tier PvP gear and much more than that in PvE per week. That's why I always laugh when people complain about the gear grind. I've seen far tougher grinds and this one is a cake walk. I think the high casual population plays into that though.
It's much better now than it was, too. That RNG from the bags was pretty painful, lol.
geeR
Phantom of the Operative

DroidDreamer
11.16.2012 , 04:59 PM | #38
BTW, are cartel market exp boosts supposed to stack with legacy exp boosts?
The DroidDreamer Legacy (Pot5 Server)
Eblen 50 Sorc heals | Sodan 50 Sniper | Trilliant 37 Immortal Jugg | Somnis 50 TankSin
They mark me with the lightning bolt in Huttball.

UGLYMRJ
11.16.2012 , 05:18 PM | #39
Quote: Originally Posted by vimm View Post
It's much better now than it was, too. That RNG from the bags was pretty painful, lol.
I came around shortly after that change but I've heard how bad it was. Sounds like bad design all around and even though I love a grind... I would kick a kitten if I ended up with 5 sets of the top tier PvP gloves. Which I heard was the case pretty often.

Quote: Originally Posted by DroidDreamer View Post
BTW, are cartel market exp boosts supposed to stack with legacy exp boosts?
I believe so.