Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Enough of exploiting ranked warzones

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Enough of exploiting ranked warzones

Rynis
11.15.2012 , 08:28 PM | #71
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthOvertone View Post
RWZs without XServer Queues (to avoid queue dodging) and a Matchmaking System (to pit equally rated opponents against each other for good fights) are a total and utter joke. Until those two things are added, RWZs will be good for nothing except farming Ranked Comms.
I think this pretty much sums it up. Although I have no respect for people who totally queue dodge, I know I've had my *** handed to me by your team a few times but I'm not gonna leave or dodge queue.

It seems that there are only a few consistent/decent ranked teams on every server, cross server seems like the only answer, but I doubt we'll see it anytime soon.

NoTomorrow
11.15.2012 , 08:38 PM | #72
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthOvertone View Post
RWZs without XServer Queues (to avoid queue dodging) and a Matchmaking System (to pit equally rated opponents against each other for good fights) are a total and utter joke. Until those two things are added, RWZs will be good for nothing except farming Ranked Comms.
And who is to blame for that? Gabe Amantagelo. The dude thinks that elite war hero weapons and recruit mk2 is all that we need. No skill+gear+valor matchmaking = joke pvp
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Scatter Bombs are meant to be a fun bit of extra damage that occurs when you roll into or away from the action. That said, we’re okay with you trapping an unsuspecting enemy for a “wall bang” every now and then.

Zoiks
11.16.2012 , 12:15 AM | #73
Quote: Originally Posted by Pyrinoos View Post
that's definetly not what I'm saying. Baseball isn't the best sports analogy iimo, so let's use basketball.
Say a team is up 35 with 4 minutes to play, do they keep the starters in and keep pushing the fast break tempo, or is it considered good sportsmanship to sub some back of the bench guys and slow down the pace a little.
No trying to lose, not even gimping yourself, just realizing that you've already won and there is no need to embarrass the other team.
Remember i said I'll play anyone anywhere, anytime, but that to me is the issue with many people not taking part in ranked. They could maybe live with losing, but getting embarrassed and humiliated causes them to stop queuing.

Say you've won civil war with a 3 cap (pnr reached) pull defense off of one turent..... Don't just spawn camp....
They don't pull first stringers for sportsmanship, they pull them to eliminate the risk of injury and give the second stringers some practice. And the coach that does that and then loses the game as a result would likely be fired, that's how prized "fair" competition is in professional sports. So next time you see a team do that, don't think, "Aw, how nice of them!", think, "Those jerks are 100% sure they're going to win and are rubbing the other teams face in it by bringing in their second strigers for extra practice." Cause that's what's actually happening.

While ranked wzs certainly aren't "professional" they're as close as it gets here, and it makes NO SENSE AT ALL to insist on "fairness" in ranked matches. A tiered system that only matches equally ranked players would be great, so would more competitors, so would fixing the pvp imbalances. You know what's not great? Players abusing the badly designed system to hijack it for the purpose of faster comm gain and "private" matches.

Zoiks
11.16.2012 , 12:28 AM | #74
Quote: Originally Posted by Cryptiic View Post
Bahahahaha that is such an elitist comment. Dude when you have 5 of the 8 guys on your team trying to get geared for ranked WZs going against the best is not "going against the best" it's feeding the already fat lions yet another serving of meat. F that! My job as PVP lead is to get my guys geared so we can have a "REAL" match against the best. So until then QQ and be patient. We'll get geared soon enough then we'll really have fun. Until there is some sort of ranking system and cross server que you'll see this happen all the time. And if BW doesn't add these features you'll be standing around anyway because nobody will be PVPing.
Elitist to insist that players joining the ranked queue accept that they may end up fighting vastly better opponents? Yes, I'm a terrible, elitist monster.

If you want to gear up, join the regular queue and expect fairly consistent wins with your premade, if you want to gear up faster suck it up and take your lumps in ranked. But if you really believe just gear is going to make the difference between getting destroyed and winning, unless you're talking recruit or worse gear, good luck with that.

As far as no one pvping, if we're talking ranked it's pretty much already that way. And the people just farming comms only make it worse.

To-le
11.16.2012 , 09:08 AM | #75
Quote: Originally Posted by Mojitin View Post
We're in warzones earning comms just like you are. The faster the game ends, the more comms we can earn. Perhaps you should find some friends and do the same.
Yes b/c that 30 seconds LD50 held the last node ended the game so much quicker.

RamasSoKehur
11.16.2012 , 11:20 AM | #76
No XServer = failure

AngelAlkaiser
11.16.2012 , 12:52 PM | #77
Quote: Originally Posted by Doomsdaycomes View Post
I agree, which is why I'm raising an Operative on the Imp side, while building their gear on my main Pub side. Imp side on my server is drastically smaller, has less good players, and sadly has one guild that -could- field a ranked team, and rarely does.

As for your last point, I can definitely see that. As an individual, I wouldn't 3 cap if I knew we would win (past/near the point where they need a 3 cap to win). However, I also realize the other team (and even my team mates) will have no qualms about doing so. I don't see beating an enemy soundly as malicious, which is why I rarely get mad at the other team for playing hard/well.
No, I do not think it has anything to do with malice. It's just demoralizing if done on a consistent basis. Mind you, I am stubborn enough to keep at it even if I'm beat to a pulp every single time. I wouldn't hold it against someone for not being the same way.

Even if the elephant in the room says "Don't queue for rated if you don't want to get the snot knocked out of you" it's the same mentality that says "Don't go to the lunch room if you don't want your face smashed into your food".

You know what makes someone the best at something? It's when they make everyone around them better. Even the competition.

Oh, and every sport in the world has something called Unsportsmanlike conduct. I could give you a million examples, but just take a look at Terrel Owens's career.

AKfourtyseven
11.16.2012 , 12:53 PM | #78
Quote: Originally Posted by RamasSoKehur View Post
No XServer = failure
The End.
Surik - lvl 50 Guardian
Server : The Tomb of Freedon Nadd
Guild : Coral

Doomsdaycomes
11.16.2012 , 02:46 PM | #79
Quote: Originally Posted by AngelAlkaiser View Post

Even if the elephant in the room says "Don't queue for rated if you don't want to get the snot knocked out of you" it's the same mentality that says "Don't go to the lunch room if you don't want your face smashed into your food".

Oh, and every sport in the world has something called Unsportsmanlike conduct. I could give you a million examples, but just take a look at Terrel Owens's career.
I have only quoted what I want to reply to, since I agree getting your *** kicked is demoralizing, and I don't blame people for not wishing to endure it. As you said, I doubt I would sit through more than 4-5 smash matches before I decided time for PvE dailies, or lowbie pvp.

Okay, first portion: I think you're a little confused there. See, a lunch room is for eating lunch. Anyone who goes there is suppose to be eating lunch essentially. If there is someone/people in the lunch room that smash people's face into food, those people are the outsiders. They are not using the space as intended. That differs from (we'll stick with a real life example) a boxing ring, specifically during some kind of match. If you don't wanna get hurt, don't get in the ring. Back to in game, Your lunch room analogy is more akin to being in a PVE zone (on a PvE server) and force flagging people via a bug. The people doing that are the outsiders, in the wrong. Yet if you're on a PvP server, even in a PvE-centric zone, you should expect people will try and kill you.

Second portion I quoted: Yes, unsportsmanlike conduct exists. Yet it's not about how soundly someone beats the other, it's about doing illegal/aggressive actions. Elbowing the person with the ball (also called a Foul). Getting verbally abusive, rude gestures, etc... Also it depends on the motive behind actions. Tackling someone for no strategic reason besides they won last game. Stomping on someone (can't remember who it was, but it was recent. Big ol' pile up, sometimes people get stepped on when people are trying to disengage, but this player clearly stomped on the other person in anger.)

Running a perfect play, hitting all home-runs (if you could) and otherwise beating another team soundly do not fall into unsportsmanlike conduct. **** talking about it afterwards does.

To-le
11.16.2012 , 03:27 PM | #80
I hear there is a item in the Cartel Packs that allows you to make pugs fight you in ranked. However you get unsub'd after a week because you grow tired of winning without a challenge.