Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Dread Guard Relic BiS?

TylerTrojan
11.15.2012 , 04:56 PM | #1
From what I saw on PTS, the dread guard relics were +endurance, and then damage proc or 30 sec power, and were still generally below WH power relics even for PVE.

However, logging on today, here are the stats of the relics:
Dread Guard Relic of Boundless Ages
+64 End
+47 Power
Increase Power by 350 for 30 sec

Dread Guard Relic of Dark Radiance
+64 end
+47 Pwer
30% chance of 210 internal, not more than 4.5 sec

Did they stealth switch some of the endurance to the new static power boost? Does this put the relics above the WH power relics for PVE?

AngelFluttershy
11.15.2012 , 05:38 PM | #2
Nevermind, I learned how to math.

NotRonin
11.15.2012 , 06:21 PM | #3
The OP is correct. The extra power has now make the Dread Guard relic better than WH if you're a DPS.

cloudblade
11.16.2012 , 01:10 AM | #4
Very interesting, have to rethink some of my gearing now, lol.
Bitte, Beefcakestud, Filet, Slant
Pansy, Choco
GM of <Wrath> and <Wrth>
The Ebon Hawk

Garell
11.16.2012 , 02:01 AM | #5
Hybrid Dps Sage:

I just did some updated simcraft with the release of 1.5

The dread guard relics got a buff and they now give a static 47power.

The proc relic is 47power+210proc on 30%.
The "use" relic is 47power+350power for 30sec (120sec cd).

Wonderfully having 1 of each of these relics actually gives a higher result on simcraft!!! No more PVP if you don't want

The difference i saw was only around 10dps. However the situational burst gained from the "use" relic means that i'm taking it.

I better go warn my tanks...

Dragonbgone
11.16.2012 , 02:02 AM | #6
I will work the math on this tomorrow.

(dack from SWTOR MMOMechanics)
. : Messores Republicae : .
Reapers of the Republic

Lostpenguins
11.16.2012 , 09:54 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Dragonbgone View Post
I will work the math on this tomorrow.

(dack from SWTOR MMOMechanics)
With a 2 min CD your 350 power for 30 secs averages out to 87.5 power per second. + 47 from the constant power and it's now 134.5. So it averages out to more power assuming you always use the trinket when it's up and then you can time certain things around it. As a marauder, I can time it + my adrenal + bloodthirst to get more bang for the buck then constant power from my WH relic.

I actually use one WH and one DG Relic now.

Ansalem
11.17.2012 , 12:40 AM | #8
I used my DG proc relic during a 6m 19s fight with dreadtooth. It proc'd 42 times and crit 18. low hit 218 high hit 443. The total dmg done for the fight was 12298. With the loss of 66 power switching from WH to this DG relic for kinetic dmg since I'm a merc Im wondering if it is better? My math skills suck but I figured that the 66 power during the duration of that fight would result in 5753 dmg straight up not including extra dmg from crits or crit multiplier. Can someone double check my math and confirm that the proc relics are better than WH?

AshlaBoga
11.17.2012 , 01:34 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Ansalem View Post
I used my DG proc relic during a 6m 19s fight with dreadtooth. It proc'd 42 times and crit 18. low hit 218 high hit 443. The total dmg done for the fight was 12298. With the loss of 66 power switching from WH to this DG relic for kinetic dmg since I'm a merc Im wondering if it is better? My math skills suck but I figured that the 66 power during the duration of that fight would result in 5753 dmg straight up not including extra dmg from crits or crit multiplier. Can someone double check my math and confirm that the proc relics are better than WH?
DPS and Healing Proc relics are terrible. The only proc relic you should use is the tank proc relic.
Typhojem Legacy, Jung Ma server
VICIOUS
Lord of Corruption

cloudblade
11.17.2012 , 01:39 AM | #10
What are you basing your extreme opinions on? FYI, the healing on proc relic is much better than the absorption on proc relics for shadow/assassin tanks. And these people are showing evidence the other on proc relics are good as well. So f'in judgmental.
Bitte, Beefcakestud, Filet, Slant
Pansy, Choco
GM of <Wrath> and <Wrth>
The Ebon Hawk