Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

BW: FIX DPS Operatives! Statistics out of 100 played WZs inside!!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
BW: FIX DPS Operatives! Statistics out of 100 played WZs inside!!

Missandei
11.14.2012 , 02:19 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by tatatan View Post
Hello,
i decided to do *personal* statistic on Imperial Agents population density in PVP community. I can clearly tell you, that the myth of "teams of stunlocking operatives" is clearly broken.

Server: ToFN
Duration: from 11/3 to 11/14 (past 11 days)
Matches played: 100 (normal WZs)

DPS operatives
Lethality = 0 players out of 100 WZ
chance to meet Lethality op in WZ = 0%
density = 0%
Lies...
Nearly in at least once every 5-6 games i stumble upon this invisible annoyances that you call DPS operatives..
Yeah - ToFN.

But the hard truth about operatives is that that not a DPS tree is weak, but Heal tree is too OP...
Everyone knows that healer Operatives are immortal beasts.
Tune down the Opness of Healtree and you will find more DPS operatives in WZ
Missandei Shadow ...yet shadows can kill. And oft-times a very small man can cast a very large shadow.

af_raptura
11.14.2012 , 02:28 PM | #12
I just started seriously raising my Operative, going up the Medicine tree. I will admit, though, if they change Lethality along the lines mentioned above, I will definitely give that tree a try. It just seems flexible combining melee and ranged with lots of dots.
PvE theorycrafting has really loosened their standards.
Quote: Originally Posted by karlwaite View Post
As for the skill changes to benefit pvp likes of the fly by damage reduction they suffered and reducing focused defence by 200% is a joke they are affecting pve to benefit pvp.

darthnish
11.14.2012 , 03:06 PM | #13
i sometimes spec my scoundrel scrapper(concealment) if played right they can put out some crazy dps, heres a screenshot of me outdpsing 2 BiS powertechs :

http://i498.photobucket.com/albums/r..._18_895188.jpg

in healer gear, also my sig has a pvp vid of meplaying the concealment tree.

Gyronamics
11.14.2012 , 03:26 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Missandei View Post
Lies...
Nearly in at least once every 5-6 games i stumble upon this invisible annoyances that you call DPS operatives..
Yeah - ToFN.

But the hard truth about operatives is that that not a DPS tree is weak, but Heal tree is too OP...
This.

Everyone and their dog knows mercs are at the bottom of the wz usefulness list but you still find every type being played.

Bodyguard is ok but its not amazingly more useful than Pyro and Pyro is only a bit better than Arsenal. Ultimately they all have the same crap 2 tools to mess with other players which is the core issue with them.

Operatives have so many CCs and escapes its disgustingly useful for staying alive as a healer in a WZ or just controlling the enemy team.

Masarko
11.14.2012 , 03:40 PM | #15

tatatan
11.14.2012 , 04:30 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Missandei View Post
Lies...
Yeah - ToFN.

Hard words you use.
1. Lethality is one tree of Operatives and yes in 100 WZ i met noone. Don't mistake them with Concealment operatives.
2. You probably dont know about what you talk i play Lethality from game start to recent date. They have very easily distinguished play style and attacks. Hard to replace them with Concealments.

tatatan
11.14.2012 , 04:33 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Gyronamics View Post
This.

Everyone and their dog knows mercs are at the bottom of the wz usefulness list but you still find every type being played.

Bodyguard is ok but its not amazingly more useful than Pyro and Pyro is only a bit better than Arsenal. Ultimately they all have the same crap 2 tools to mess with other players which is the core issue with them.

Operatives have so many CCs and escapes its disgustingly useful for staying alive as a healer in a WZ or just controlling the enemy team.
Did i say anything about mercenaries in this thread? I see you know a lot about Operatives and OP they are ...care to share more?

Gyronamics
11.16.2012 , 12:15 AM | #18
How about you read the post you're attacking. Then read what it was quoting and replying to.

Coldin
11.16.2012 , 12:46 AM | #19
I've given up hope of them ever really addressing the DPS issues of Scoundrels. The update they gave us with Sneak was rather poorly thought out, and there was no dev interaction after the initial presentation. Even getting Sneak did nothing to really improve DPS, which was already at the low end of the curve.

As for CC. We really don't have that much more than other classes. We certainly don't have more than Shadows. That doesn't seem to matter though.

Glower
11.16.2012 , 01:18 AM | #20
But how about mercs!
SWTOR goes F2P: http://i.imgur.com/1962X.jpg
A: "They’d love to do that at some point, but technically very challenging and unlikely to happen in the near future." (c)
PvP FAQ, A: "We have no plans at this time" (c)