Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Developer Update: Free-to-Play Option

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Developer Update: Free-to-Play Option
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

theSonofRevan
11.15.2012 , 05:16 PM | #141
Quote: Originally Posted by Jedi_Slayer View Post
We have seen people "upset about quickbar and equipment, I think that people need to realize the F2P portion of this game is targeted at the KotoR 3 Crowd who are going to play for free, spend a little money and move onto a new character when the finish the class story. F2P is not catered to endgame or ops. I think they hope people will sub if that is part of the game they really want to do.
I agree this should be the case and this is exactly the crowd I fall into. However the ridiculous restrictions on total characters (only 2 allowed) prevents me from doing this, since I have 2 level 50 characters I really don't want to delete.
"The greatest of victories are not manipulations at all but simply awakening others... to the truth of what you believe. Of hearing it echoed around you, in life." Kreia

theSonofRevan
11.15.2012 , 05:25 PM | #142
The earlire quote about F2P goals (couldn't find the original) that was about letting F2P gamers get from level 1-50 without paying is not true if your counting returning players like me who have 2 (thats right: just 2) or more characters since the limit prevents me from making a character without deleting old ones or paying for a new slot, the latter of which hasn't even been implemented yet. Really disappointed with this, anyone else in the same boat?
"The greatest of victories are not manipulations at all but simply awakening others... to the truth of what you believe. Of hearing it echoed around you, in life." Kreia

QuevvenXiltyn
11.19.2012 , 01:00 AM | #143
Being as I am returning after a time, I'm wondering what the differences are between the Test option I was under and FtP. For example, previously I could only get to Lvl 15. Also, can I still play the nine characters I currently have? Or will only the first two I try work?

BOOLEAZERT
11.24.2012 , 10:19 AM | #144
spioler this game rules
:c ool:
i'll take a martini shaken not stirred

Arkerus
11.24.2012 , 10:22 AM | #145
Quote: Originally Posted by theSonofRevan View Post
The earlire quote about F2P goals (couldn't find the original) that was about letting F2P gamers get from level 1-50 without paying is not true if your counting returning players like me who have 2 (thats right: just 2) or more characters since the limit prevents me from making a character without deleting old ones or paying for a new slot, the latter of which hasn't even been implemented yet. Really disappointed with this, anyone else in the same boat?
If you want to see more of the game for free...you can't. That's the bottom line. You don't get to see all 8 characters for free. Don't like it? Sub.
Hooning in the rex : http://youtu.be/xtXUM6yPMCY

Macka_M
03.19.2013 , 08:43 PM | #146
Quote: Originally Posted by theSonofRevan View Post
I agree this should be the case and this is exactly the crowd I fall into. However the ridiculous restrictions on total characters (only 2 allowed) prevents me from dong this, since I have 2 level 50 characters I really don't want to delete.
Since SWTOR F2P features everything you would of gotten in KOTOR 3 plus more. I don't see why you are complaining. With swtor f2p you essentially get two free run throughs in the game. The only real restrictions are the more multiplayer aspects of the game which wouldn't have been in KOTOR 3 anyway. And if you really want to do other characters, buy some slots. There are 8 MAIN stories to play through, two of which you can get for free. So really there should be zero complaining at all.

Also, although I don't condone this. As it's free to make a swtor account, if your really don't want to buy a new character (it's not much money, but hey you must have your reasons why you can pay for internet and not for this)
just character another account and roll two more characters. This will of course be messy, but that's what you get when you don't want to pay for things.

Note: For those looking into SWTOR free to play and are Fans of KOTOR, I suggest rolling 1 character from each faction. I did this (before f2p though ) and it's really like playing new completely new content of the game

Quote: Originally Posted by Arkerus View Post
If you want to see more of the game for free...you can't. That's the bottom line. You don't get to see all 8 characters for free. Don't like it? Sub.
You can now buy character slots in the cartel market. so it doesn't require a sub
Warning the following parodies are extremely lame and contain a immense amount of poor editing. They should not be viewed by anyone.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lOXIJftR_SU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wAkVJDD-ttY