Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Space gameplay concepts. Compiled works of multi posters.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Suggestion Box
Space gameplay concepts. Compiled works of multi posters.

Shingara
11.13.2012 , 10:10 AM | #61
Just wondering, who is in charge of the space project now ?
Health Warning - Thread May Contain Nuts.
First, you can continue as a subscriber, which gives you unlimited access to all game features and future Game Updates at no additional charge. http://www.swtor.com/info/news/blog/20120731

EnkiduNineEight
11.14.2012 , 08:39 PM | #62
Don't know if you saw my thread at:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=530325

But I had some space suggestions and Ideas you may want to gloss over and see if they fit your suggestions.

Shingara
04.23.2013 , 08:34 PM | #63
has anyone seen the darth hater site about the data mining and noticed the New Reputation: Hutt Space Navigators;, who else thinks this is part of the ssp and how could it impact upon things within this topic. I stab at smuggling
First, you can continue as a subscriber, which gives you unlimited access to all game features and future Game Updates at no additional charge. http://www.swtor.com/info/news/blog/20120731

Anysao
04.30.2013 , 08:02 PM | #64
Love it, but I think a guild Capitol ship would be more fun than an asteroid base. The asteroid base just feels a bit too much like Hammer station.

Edit: oh, I forgot to mention! Allow us to name out ships, for other players to see in space! Looking at "Anysao's ship" every minute in PvP would be boring. I always dreamed of naming my Operative's ship The Moonbanger...
Ooh! In Elder Scrolls Online, I get magic spells and colossal PvP! That sounds cool, but one question, where do I get a lightsaber?
Want to get a lightsaber, too? Click this text for a free trial run of The Old Republic. Returning player? No problem! Join today!

Shingara
04.30.2013 , 08:12 PM | #65
Quote: Originally Posted by Anysao View Post
Love it, but I think a guild Capitol ship would be more fun than an asteroid base. The asteroid base just feels a bit too much like Hammer station.

Edit: oh, I forgot to mention! Allow us to name out ships, for other players to see in space! Looking at "Anysao's ship" every minute in PvP would be boring. I always dreamed of naming my Operative's ship The Moonbanger...
The main reason we said guild stations were due to what could become balancing issues with space pvp, i still see guild ships being in this but more as vanity things to hang out on, the thing with stations too is that you can attack a station and defend it by launching your guilds ships from it, build it up and equip it with defenses. Think of it more along the lines of the smuggler outpost station aswell.

The thing with naming ships is a very good suggestion. so kudos on that one.

Sardorc
04.30.2013 , 08:51 PM | #66
Quote: Originally Posted by Reinoud View Post
They should remake the space combat entirely!
They should make it like the games: Star war Rogue Squadron. You can fly around as much as you want, and you have several different space ships. When they do this they got a lot more content available.

A game with the Star Wars theme has so much potential and they could also add in space races and something like podraces. You can also think of more possibilities that can broaden the edges of this game which can be mind-blowing with the right ideas and right executions.
I agree with this, almost completely! Additionally, they should make it so there is Space Warzones and mini-games we can play while we are waiting to be entered into a Flashpoint or Ops group or something to waste time on while your waiting in a que besides sitting on the fleet for about 30 minutes

CTFoxhound
05.01.2013 , 10:24 AM | #67
The fact is something like this is going to be a full on major upgrade expansion at a value of 50-60 dollars. It's just too much stuff for a patch.

But honestly I think this NEEDS to come. Seriously I cannot get over the fact space is not a part of this game minus that ultra boring rail shooter. Heck today I looked at that Star Trek MMO just cuz I heard it had space combat. I checked out a few videos and was really impressed and I'm not a star trek fan in the least bit besides the j.j.abrams film.

Benets
05.01.2013 , 04:19 PM | #68
I think they only make the space mission cos a star wars mmo need space bombat, but probly they regret it. Cos' it usless, whats the point to get ship gear? The space system is crap, specially for pvp, I prefer they do not make pvp wth this actual system. To be a pvp need to have more freedom. Like X-Wing vs Tie Figther and not a system like rebel assault.

I've made already suggestion to make the ship more atractive: A isntance and operation that you use your ship to play the first part. Specially if guilds have capital ship to run operations with it.

To check the idea click here ----> Space Instance/Operation

Other ideas:
Patch 1.x Guilds
Guild HQs
Guild's Quests/Story

World PvP Ideas
Denova (Rep vs. Imp PvP planet)
World Pvp My Ilum Map

Story with different paths
Legacy
- "Do or do not, there's no try" -
Benets
aka
Mxyzptlk

Shingara
05.03.2013 , 02:09 AM | #69
Quote: Originally Posted by Benets View Post
I think they only make the space mission cos a star wars mmo need space bombat, but probly they regret it. Cos' it usless, whats the point to get ship gear? The space system is crap, specially for pvp, I prefer they do not make pvp wth this actual system. To be a pvp need to have more freedom. Like X-Wing vs Tie Figther and not a system like rebel assault.

I've made already suggestion to make the ship more atractive: A isntance and operation that you use your ship to play the first part. Specially if guilds have capital ship to run operations with it.

To check the idea click here ----> Space Instance/Operation

Other ideas:
Patch 1.x Guilds
Guild HQs
Guild's Quests/Story

World PvP Ideas
Denova (Rep vs. Imp PvP planet)
World Pvp My Ilum Map

Story with different paths
Legacy
If you look at the first page you will see what you have put down as your idea similar and very much more enlarged and expanded upon.

Jendor
05.03.2013 , 02:37 AM | #70
/signed !
Jendor Jitte - Alliance Templar [A-T] - Guild Leader
Rebel Guild, Friendly, Moderate Play, PVP/PVE/RP

Join Alliance Templar Today!