Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

PVP/PVE set bonus


flemwod's Avatar


flemwod
11.14.2012 , 07:11 PM | #1
So,

Ive just started Raiding again after stopping for a few months, i noticed there is now a PVE set with TM/ grav round 15% crit chance bonus. Is it worth it to pull my WH mods out and place it into my PVE gear? what set bonus will i get?

Jenzali's Avatar


Jenzali
11.14.2012 , 07:17 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by flemwod View Post
So,

Ive just started Raiding again after stopping for a few months, i noticed there is now a PVE set with TM/ grav round 15% crit chance bonus. Is it worth it to pull my WH mods out and place it into my PVE gear? what set bonus will i get?
If you pull out the WH armorings and put them in the PvE shell, the WH set bonus will override the PvE one. However if you strip armorings from off-hand War Hero generators you can get equivalent armorings to put in the PvE shells.
Dashto Vant - Arsenal Mercenary - The most dashing bounty hunter in the galaxy.

cashogy's Avatar


cashogy
11.14.2012 , 07:17 PM | #3
that set bonus has always been there

if you put a WH armoring into a PvE piece, it overrides the set bonus

Aerilas's Avatar


Aerilas
11.14.2012 , 07:46 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Jenzali View Post
If you pull out the WH armorings and put them in the PvE shell, the WH set bonus will override the PvE one. However if you strip armorings from off-hand War Hero generators you can get equivalent armorings to put in the PvE shells.


This man is right
dont listen to cashogy,.
Vis Fatalis
Caineghis (Sniper) - Raelisa (Operative) - Micaiah (Sorcerer)
Saerali (Scoundrel)
Tomb of Freedon Nadd

flemwod's Avatar


flemwod
11.14.2012 , 07:56 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Jenzali View Post
If you pull out the WH armorings and put them in the PvE shell, the WH set bonus will override the PvE one. However if you strip armorings from off-hand War Hero generators you can get equivalent armorings to put in the PvE shells.
thanks ill look into that.

flemwod's Avatar


flemwod
11.14.2012 , 09:12 PM | #6
Essh looked into it and the amount of work required to get the PVE is a lot.

And we are having trouble with EC still, so i dont see us moving on to TFB anytime soon.

cycao's Avatar


cycao
11.14.2012 , 09:17 PM | #7
Either use WH offhands or use BM armorings. BM has same expertise and you only lose like 3 points of your main stat.

Philelectric's Avatar


Philelectric
11.14.2012 , 09:19 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Aerilas View Post
This man is right
dont listen to cashogy,.
Cashogy said the exact same thing...
Guarding a healer is not only the job the the skill ''guard''. It is also your job to stay around the healer to be a plague for the people attacking the healer.

Smashbrother's Avatar


Smashbrother
11.14.2012 , 09:25 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by flemwod View Post
Essh looked into it and the amount of work required to get the PVE is a lot.

And we are having trouble with EC still, so i dont see us moving on to TFB anytime soon.
All the pve tiered gear have the same set bonuses. This means you can do a few HM FPs and either get lucky and get the columi drops, or enough tokens to buy the cheap *** tionese gear. Done and done. And like one poster said, you can put in the BM armoring since there's no huge diff between BM and WH. Or you can use the highest level pve armorings for tons of main stat, but those are really expensive.

If you're serious about playing dps commando, then 2p pve bonus is a MUST. My commando has like almost 55% crit rate on grav round lols.

DroidDreamer's Avatar


DroidDreamer
11.14.2012 , 09:38 PM | #10
Question: I heard some PVP offhand armorings are not bound to the slot but I saw a patch note that it was fixed. Are the offhand armorings still moveable to other slots? I'm curious about Jugg offhands in particular.
The DroidDreamer Legacy (Pot5 Server)
Eblen 50 Sorc heals | Sodan 50 Sniper | Trilliant 37 Immortal Jugg | Somnis 50 TankSin
They mark me with the lightning bolt in Huttball.