Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Still no new map in 1.5?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Still no new map in 1.5?

Dawginole
11.14.2012 , 01:47 AM | #1
This is what I'm hearing. Is this for real? The new map was alluded to being introduced in 1.4. Why do they keep focusing on PvE and giving us WZ players nothing when the dev team stated their surprise at how popular wz's were?

If the new map really isn't in 1.5 that means PvE has gotten 2 new daily areas, 2 new Ops, and 3 new sets of gear to PvP's 1 new map and 1 new set of gear since 1.2...

HaLeX
11.14.2012 , 01:56 AM | #2
I must say I completely agree. With all the stuns, and stale maps, I have been playing less and less. I'm getting bored after about 4-5 wz and then just log off because i have better stuff to do. I can't be the only one, or at least i doubt I'm the only one.

Macroecon
11.14.2012 , 01:59 AM | #3
I don't think the new wz map is ready for primetime. The game mechanics they have described in being on that map are borked with the new stealth abilities. There is no counter to a team of 4 operatives (2 healing, 2 concealment dps) and 4 tank assassins. They will start cloaked and then uncloak to pick off two enemies (4v1 on each). As soon as the kill occurs, they will stealth out. Rinse and repeat. When the time comes to fight over the central room, they do the same thing and then keep fighting with their 8v6 advantage. No way the other team will get kills with everyone on the stealth team being a tank or under guard.

On normal (non-deathmatch) maps, you can at least defeat a stealth player by forcing them to cloak and run away. That gives you the terrain objective. But in death match that gets you NOTHING. In death match the ability to use Exit Combat Stealth to prevent death is a trump card that usurps EVERYTHING.

Vikoon
11.14.2012 , 04:30 AM | #4
Ya this is one of the main reasons I am done. That and all the insane lag that this game has is not even close to worth $15 a month in my opinion. I tried to stay with this game and support it, but in my opinion it is not my job to support a video game. They are supposed to be the ones enticing us to play and free to play has taken precedence over their loyal customers. Kind of sad really, I thought it was only Blizzard / Activision that could be this oblivious to their customers. I guess I was mistaken.

Riivu
11.14.2012 , 08:17 AM | #5
1.5 = PVE 1.6 = PVP.. Hang in there.. its coming !
Zenzey
< Harbinger >
Tomb of Freedon Nadd

TUXs
11.14.2012 , 09:01 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Riivu View Post
Source? And...how many wz's? one?! LOL! That would be pathetic!!!!

@the OP:

Yup. For real. What I find kinda funny is that in the time it's taken for them to remove Ilum and add ONE wz, the Call of Duty franchise has released 2 games and multiple map packs.
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force

My referral code: here (what you get here)

Dovahbrah
11.14.2012 , 09:03 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Riivu View Post
Forever the optimist.
Leaf - 50 Commando - The Fatman Notleaf - 50 Juggernaught - POT5
Leafe - 50 Shadow - The Fatman
Leafy - 50 Vanguard - The Fatman
Leafyy - 50 Sentinel - The Fatman

cycao
11.14.2012 , 09:05 AM | #8
This is a PvE game after all. Even the devs stated that they were surprised on how popular PvP was for the start of the game. While I fully understood this I am still a little flabbergasted that its almost been a year and only one new warzone has been added. I understand only one new tier of gear...there always be a gear gap and I don't think the forums could handle the flow of QQ that another set would bring.

Dawginole
11.14.2012 , 10:38 AM | #9
Well if that's the reason for the delay the battle team should be hung out to dry. Based on their own words this map was all but ready to go except for the final animation at games end. With the exception of the final animation the map was playable at Gamescon in mid AUGUST! That was 3 months ago.

So if you had a map ready to go for wz players and then you changed the game mechanics of stealth knowing that it would ruin your new map and prevent it from being launched then you're a pile of idiots.

This is why these guys need to be just reskinning an existing game mode every six weeks instead of trying to come up with a brand new game mode every time.

UGLYMRJ
11.14.2012 , 11:33 AM | #10
Coming in 1.6 which they have repeatedly said is coming before the end of the year.

After the anger and lost subscriptions that came with the failed release of ranked WZ's in 1.2 that were promised. I'd say they probably wouldn't announce it unless they were sure they could produce it on schedule.