Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Perhaps Mercs Need a Jetboost ability?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Perhaps Mercs Need a Jetboost ability?

SajPl
11.13.2012 , 07:44 AM | #11
Simple fix : make a leap/teleport kind of ability, where the merk places a target on the ground and instantly leaps/teleports there, though for huttball balance issues the player should not be able to teleport to high ground. A Simple speed buff would be ok too .. anything really, the class needs it.

Philastra
11.13.2012 , 11:25 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Acherus View Post
Merc dps is fine, our issue is kiting. Disengage would be perfect.
MERCS can be interupted over an over all attacks that we need to buff damage or make unload proc or increase defense are channeled and I really hope BW fixes this. Kiting for a good Merc is not a problem its the fact while kiting we can spam Rapid Shots........
It only takes one candle to scare away the dark, or just hire a Bounty Hunter....

Burgdawg
11.13.2012 , 11:31 AM | #13
Yes, let's make all the classes the same. We'll give all classes a charge, speed boost, and what the hell, stealth too. If you want to kite, play a different class. Mercs get heavy armor and heals, just stand there like Superman and pewpew everyone whilst the bullets bounce off your chest.
Mace Windu: "I'm a prophet. I can see the future..." Thug: "Sure you can. What do you see?" Mace Windu: "You. Bleeding." ―Mace Windu and a very unfortunate thug

dejavy
11.13.2012 , 07:53 PM | #14
We need:
1. RANGED Roots (stock strike root - cut designers balls off for this)
2. instashoots on which our procs depend (charged bolts/ grav round)
3. reactive shield giving immunity to CC/snare/interrupts etc

It won't hurt PVE anyhow but would breathe new life in the class making it PLAYABLE!

That's it.

cashogy
11.13.2012 , 08:04 PM | #15
instant cast tracer missile and power shot.

bam, vast majority of merc problems solved

Smashbrother
11.13.2012 , 08:10 PM | #16
I just hope BW doesn't **** up the coding on a "disengage" like ability because I don't want to get owned by the floor.

I'M LOOKING AT YOU MAGE'S BLINK FROM WOW!!1!!11

Smashbrother
11.13.2012 , 08:11 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by cashogy View Post

BAM we'd be the most overpowered ranged dps in the game. I don't want to be UP or OP, I just want to be P.

dejavy
11.13.2012 , 08:15 PM | #18

Not solved but close to it. Still too little utility. I play GS now, he's really a "hidden pvp god". Pure awesomeness after commando. Commando designer was really drunk or addicted, i don't know. But i really missunderstand why it's the only class without certain specific features. He can't do anything but deal damage. He can't def nodes, he can't support, he can't debuff foes, he can't heal while fighting. (well gunnery can a bit now, thx for this but it didn't change a thing) So, i just don't understand his role on the battlefield.

cashogy
11.13.2012 , 08:17 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Smashbrother View Post
BAM we'd be the most overpowered ranged dps in the game. I don't want to be UP or OP, I just want to be P.
and tell me how that would make us OP?

we wouldnt gain any actual damage output. the only difference would be that when fleeing for our lives from a mara/pt/assassin we would actual be able to put up a fight.

right now, if a melee/hybrid melee enemy decides they want to kill me, there is not a lot i can do to stop them. i can try to run away and pull them out of the fight, but if they dont make several major mistakes i will die.

dejavy
11.13.2012 , 08:43 PM | #20
and tell me how that would make us OP?

we wouldnt gain any actual damage output. the only difference would be that when fleeing for our lives from a mara/pt/assassin we would actual be able to put up a fight.

right now, if a melee/hybrid melee enemy decides they want to kill me, there is not a lot i can do to stop them. i can try to run away and pull them out of the fight, but if they dont make several major mistakes i will die.
Those who say that our damage is huge are simply trolls or low lvl noobs, so don't pay attention.