Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Force bubble way OP

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Force bubble way OP
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Zhaker
11.13.2012 , 05:13 PM | #221
The reason why this is OP is simply how resolve works.

Because if you respam the same stun the resolve increases only slightly.

Way to fix this is to make resolve as it was previously, when random peeps can be called for CC spamming.

manchusabre
11.13.2012 , 05:48 PM | #222
Can you please quit making changes that are bad for PVE all because of PVP. If you guys didn't want a separation from pvp and pve, then why have the expertise stat. DPS vanguard is now pretty much a melee person. Seems like balance shadow should have had the same range nerf as vanguard to seem fair. I know a lot of sage healers mad about the newer knockback because they needed the full 360 degree circle for defense reasons in a crunch. I have to wonder how well an assault dps vanguard does on Zorn now for HM EC.

MusicRider
11.13.2012 , 06:24 PM | #223
Quote: Originally Posted by manchusabre View Post
Can you please quit making changes that are bad for PVE all because of PVP. If you guys didn't want a separation from pvp and pve, then why have the expertise stat. DPS vanguard is now pretty much a melee person. Seems like balance shadow should have had the same range nerf as vanguard to seem fair. I know a lot of sage healers mad about the newer knockback because they needed the full 360 degree circle for defense reasons in a crunch. I have to wonder how well an assault dps vanguard does on Zorn now for HM EC.
Knock back is off topic, but to quickly give my two cents, it is absolutely brilliant the way it is. The "a lot of sages" you are referring are less than 1% of the total number. Also this is a pvp board. Talking about pave is off topic.

MusicRider
11.13.2012 , 06:29 PM | #224
1. Remove the debuff by clicking.
2. Leave the bubble as is for sages.
3. Reduce stun time to 2 sec when cast on teammate.

UGLYMRJ
11.13.2012 , 06:31 PM | #225
I say make the bubble only stun on the casters bubble, can still bubble everyone of course but only the bubble on the caster stuns on break... or put it back to mezz.

Mezz kinda sucks tho cuz everyone is dotted up.

Mevan
11.13.2012 , 08:32 PM | #226
Quote: Originally Posted by MusicRider View Post
Knock back is off topic, but to quickly give my two cents, it is absolutely brilliant the way it is. (1) The "a lot of sages" you are referring are less than 1% of the total number. (2) Also this is a pvp board. Talking about pave is off topic.
1) This percentage is from where exactly?
2) Classes are universal, PvP and PvE, changing how they work because of one will have an affect on the other. So it's not really off topic.

Hopefully this will be left alone and people will quit whining. Logging in to find your class has been altered for the worse because some PvPers cried about it rather than learning to deal with it does not bode well for the longevity of a PvE game :S
Quit as of 2.4. Because the Star Wars IP can only get bad developers so far.

fungihoujo
11.13.2012 , 08:33 PM | #227
As much as I've always been a sorc fan- even I have to agree that the stun should be removed/reduced for other players (not back to mez though, unintentional mezzes benefit the other team because of all the dots/aoe which is why it used to be almost a negative to pick that talent).

Bioware- sorcs have been telling you since 1.2 what is wrong and right with the class- and for months we've been saying how the long heal casts, long DPS casts and low damage output have made the class immobile and lacking in burst damage and survivability while casting- the ONLY thing that has been widely accepted by sorcs is that a- our CC is fine, and b- our bubble is our best ability.

WHY did you ignore all that feedback, and buff our CC and bubble? Does any team even take a sorc- or do they take 'that class with the bubble'?

Scale back the stun a little- either reduce the stun length a bit or make it less effective for allies- but maybe give sorcs something else- like burst in our DAMAGE DEALING specs, or mobility for our casts. I have no doubt though BW's going to simply remove the CC altogether and maybe nerf force lightning damage while they're at it.

Jammer
11.13.2012 , 09:27 PM | #228
Fix the resolve bar finally!!!!. It is so useless. Do something productive with this game!!!!

johnnyreece
11.13.2012 , 09:39 PM | #229
I switched to this spec today. Fun!
Neldiahr, Sith Sorcerer Gibsenne, Imperial Operative
Neldienne, Powertech Smash'Kitteh, Meowauder

SajPl
11.13.2012 , 10:03 PM | #230
Ive been in a few games with 2 sorc healers in that spec this evening. Conclusion :
-Knockback was annoing (root), still i constider it balanced.
- barely ever got stunned by the bubble, just broke it with ranged attacks and any class apart from knights/warriors can do that and well knights warriors deserve it to be honest
-i stun a sorc he stuns me back with removing bubble - guess what he gave me a presant, a sorc with no bubble, 2 seconds, dead sorc.
Apart from that stunbubble sorc will never get even close to the healing a 31 heal sorc will get.

Should it be looked at? Maby, but this game has bigger imbalance issues at the moment (lolsentinels/lolmarauders).