Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Enough of exploiting ranked warzones

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Enough of exploiting ranked warzones

DaedalusV
11.13.2012 , 04:05 AM | #21
You guys tried splitting your ranked team into 2 4man groups, invite 4 randoms on each team and then queue?
Lots of things you can do besides moan on the forums. If you don't want to break up your perfect team comp and min/maxed WH gear toons, then it's nothing to do with wanting good and even fights and EVERYTHING to do with your epeen stroking.

As others suggested as well. queue with your undergeared toons...

Bring subpar ACs

Experiment with alternative team comps

If people queue dodge cuz you wreck their faces every time, then handicap yourselves so people feel they have a decent shot at winning.

You can't loose your personal skills, but you CAN change your gear and teamcomp and since this game has a heavy emphasis on both team comp and gear level, that's where you can adjust things.

Oh and if you loose rating?? Who cares, it's pre-season (still)
"you're going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view."
Arwyn Sage Blitzkrieger Sentinel Sk'ye Guardian

SajPl
11.13.2012 , 07:00 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Zoiks View Post
Wow, what the heck is this? The entire point of a ranked war zones is to compete against the best of the best...

Saying meh, we're going to lose anyway so lets leave this queue and start another with our guildies isn't competing. It's giving up, and those people have no right to even be allowed into ranked games in my opinion. They need to add an hour+ long deserter buff to people who leave a triggered rwz queue.

If you can't take losing, don't compete. Go back to the regular queue and dominate fail pugs all day so you can try and feel better about losing.
So a merk that wants to do ranked should be forced to fight against a lolmara. I mean seriously fighting the best of the best, best at rolling fotm? You cant call somebody best if he is plaing mara, because he has so many defensive cooldowns that surviving compared to a merk is easy mode and doing damage ... well anyone who thinks lolsmashspec is hard needs some serious help. So yeah why should a team full of merks for example want to play against a team full of warriors.

PlagaNerezza
11.13.2012 , 08:32 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by NamikazeNaruto View Post
So on my server it has gotten to the point where other ranked teams refuse to face the guild I am in ranked warzones. Now not queueing is one thing... but these guys queue in 2 sets of eight. The purpose of this is for them to face each other. Ok, that's all fine and dandy too, but if either of these two teams happen to be in a queue against us, they don't even play the game. None of them even enter the ranked warzones. So the past 3 days my teammates have had the majority of our games be empty ranked warzones. We just stand there for the entire game because there is noone to fight. At the end, we get ranked comms but pretty much no rating whatsoever. The other teams don't seem to care if they lose points as long as they can avoid facing us. Bioware, isn't there some way you can fix this?
Good path to victory for the opposing team. Victory through defeat.
"At last we will have our revenge" -Darth Maul
▄▄▄▄▄▄▼▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

mrekxxx
11.13.2012 , 09:17 AM | #24
So on my server it has gotten to the point where other ranked teams refuse to face the guild I am in ranked warzones. Now not queueing is one thing... but these guys queue in 2 sets of eight. The purpose of this is for them to face each other. Ok, that's all fine and dandy too, but if either of these two teams happen to be in a queue against us, they don't even play the game. None of them even enter the ranked warzones. So the past 3 days my teammates have had the majority of our games be empty ranked warzones. We just stand there for the entire game because there is noone to fight. At the end, we get ranked comms but pretty much no rating whatsoever. The other teams don't seem to care if they lose points as long as they can avoid facing us. Bioware, isn't there some way you can fix this?
maybe it had different reason?

This happens also on my server The red eclipse . they "farm" ranked comms. Its cheating, first round win first team, second round is winner scond team.

They get everytime as much medals as possible for short time etc ... My guild dont support this and i kick every1 who is involved.

NamikazeNaruto
11.13.2012 , 11:55 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by mrekxxx View Post

This happens also on my server The red eclipse . they "farm" ranked comms. Its cheating, first round win first team, second round is winner scond team.

They get everytime as much medals as possible for short time etc ... My guild dont support this and i kick every1 who is involved.
Even if the reason is different it is still cheating the system and I am against it.

Theodulus
11.13.2012 , 12:23 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Doomsdaycomes View Post
Ahahahahahahaha...

>.< so lemme get this straight, all the whiners in the "Premade's ruin normal wz's thread" tell premades (groups of 4 mind you) to do ranked, but if we're in ranked and too good...

>.< We're suppose to either be weaker, or not play ranked. Ya'll need to just admit you are the ones who don't want competition.
It's working as intended. Poor matchmaking is causing people to stop queuing for PvP. It's more or less what killed ranked warzones and what is now slowly killing normal lvl 50 PvP. If good premaders don't understand what they are doing is killing PvP I don't even know what to say. It's not really their fault though, it's bioware's fault because they lack the competence to even attempt to fix PvP. Let's just hope F2P bring some new cannon fodder into PvP.

Dartmoose
11.13.2012 , 12:48 PM | #27
no point in doing rwz against you guys when no one on the other team will get more than 4 medals (and most of those are guard medals). its not worth the comms and to put up with the trolling you guys do

also, idk if you didnt notice but you've recruited almost all the best pvpers on the server. There is not enough people left to create a competitive rwz team to play against you (at least pub side). If you want ranked, play in guild... you have enough people (or are your egos too fragile to take losses?)

NamikazeNaruto
11.13.2012 , 04:33 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Theodulus View Post
It's working as intended. Poor matchmaking is causing people to stop queuing for PvP. It's more or less what killed ranked warzones and what is now slowly killing normal lvl 50 PvP. If good premaders don't understand what they are doing is killing PvP I don't even know what to say.
So good players aren't allowed to group with other good players or people boycott by avoiding queues/only playing each other/forfeiting when they get anyone besides themselves? I can't really recall any other pvp type game I've played where this ever happens. However, I do recall in every team PvP game that good players almost always want to group with other good players. As you said though, it's Bioware's fault I suppose.

Theodulus
11.13.2012 , 04:45 PM | #29
So good players aren't allowed to group with other good players or people boycott by avoiding queues/only playing each other/forfeiting when they get anyone besides themselves? I can't really recall any other pvp type game I've played where this ever happens. However, I do recall in every team PvP game that good players almost always want to group with other good players. As you said though, it's Bioware's fault I suppose.
It's up to you if you want to scare off everyone else from RWZ. It's not encouraging for people new to RWZ to be stomped by veterans. It's not like you'll learn anything from being 3-capped and farmed at the respawn. They'll do 1 or 2 such warzones and then just stop trying. You can't actually want such one sided fights either if you are doing it for the competition. I can only see one solution to your dilemma and that's to either unsub, wait for x-server or do something about the RWZ situation like other dominant guilds have done on other servers. For example splitting up you A-team and inviting new people to balance out the teams. Hop on alts if you are afraid of losing rating. Then slowly hope you build a stable RWZ community.

LoL-K-Noob
11.13.2012 , 04:48 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by mrekxxx View Post

I wish I can find a group on my server to do this, make sure we all get 8 medals and swap wins for like 20+ games