Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

General Chat is Killing SWTOR


kirorx's Avatar


kirorx
10.12.2012 , 04:52 PM | #11
I felt this way from the begining.

SWG did not have general chat. Everything that said was said in a chat bubble. Face to face talking very good for the community

That being said I would love if /say had a chat bubble, then i would just turn ofg general chat and be immersed. The good thing about general chat is /say was in chat bubble is that there would be less non sense in the chat bubbles.

The problem now is i cant turn off general chat because i love random RP and if want to be IC, alot of the time newer players will talk to me in general chat because they are still learning.

the default /say with the chat bubbles made it very easy to communicate is SWG and after 8 years of that game i was confused about general chat when i first started playing.
Watch the Clowder of Cather in this video http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=j7uTcYvoEbU

JekRendar's Avatar


JekRendar
11.02.2012 , 07:15 PM | #12
So, why doesn't the OP just remove General Chat from his chat tabs? That's the first thing I do in all my new characters.

Quote: Originally Posted by Darth-Malice View Post
gold sellers
TOR is the third Star Wars MMO and none have ever had a gold seller in them.

Credit Sellers on the other hand have been a real threat.

Quote: Originally Posted by kirorx View Post
SWG did not have general chat. Everything that said was said in a chat bubble. Face to face talking very good for the community

That being said I would love if /say had a chat bubble, then i would just turn ofg general chat and be immersed. The good thing about general chat is /say was in chat bubble is that there would be less non sense in the chat bubbles.
Amen. Seriously, it's 2012 and TOR doesn't have chat bubbles. People are griping about rated warzones and other frivolous themepark garbage yet TOR doesn't have the 15+ year MMO standard of chat bubbles?! Misplaced priorities!!
Star Wars Galaxies (Starsider): June 27, 2003 - December 15, 2011

JimG's Avatar


JimG
11.13.2012 , 04:28 AM | #13
I find it funny when people get yelled out for trying to find groups in general chat ("You know there's a group finder right? " or "Join the que and quit spamming chat"). Heaven forbid someone actually mention something relevant to the game in general chat, lol.

Illanair's Avatar


Illanair
11.13.2012 , 04:54 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by JimG View Post
I find it funny when people get yelled out for trying to find groups in general chat ("You know there's a group finder right? " or "Join the que and quit spamming chat"). Heaven forbid someone actually mention something relevant to the game in general chat, lol.
Or trade in general... I hate it when people do that.

simplius's Avatar


simplius
11.13.2012 , 04:57 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by CosmicKat View Post
General or world chat in every game I've ever played is a mess of idiots being idiots. Cheap idiots are no worse than paying ones.

Really obnoxious non-paying idiots can be booted and banned a lot faster than paying ones. The company has nothing to lose for kicking out freeloaders.
kicking them will get rid of some yes,,but not the very worst of them,,the hackers

EVERY F2P game is infested by them,,as soon as they get banned , they make a new account

the fact, that not even blizzard is immune to these people is a reason for concern

worst scenario: it will be like APB,,i wonder how they get anyone to pay for that

Dacer's Avatar


Dacer
11.13.2012 , 05:00 AM | #16
Wait is no one else worried that the OP has spent 5months of time at his computer playing swtor over 11 months?

I think someone needs to go visit this dude and play a boardgameand with him or take him to a sporting event like a basketball game or a football game.

Omg is worse... He posted that back in August. That means 87% of his time over 8months was just sleeping or playing swtor - that's means only 1 month of time over those 8 months were out of bed and away from his computer.

TheNahash's Avatar


TheNahash
11.13.2012 , 05:08 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by JimG View Post
Heaven forbid someone actually mention something relevant to the game in general chat, lol.
You mean to say that Jesus, Obama, being drunk, Wow, GW2 etc. are not relevant to the game?
Preposterous!

Karkais's Avatar


Karkais
11.13.2012 , 06:05 AM | #18
Its ONLY going to get worse come F2P.
"Their strength became my own. Their minds became my own. All flesh is my flesh. None move, save I will it. This is the rule the Sith were promised, and I have made it real!"
- From the codex of Karness Muur

Andge's Avatar


Andge
11.13.2012 , 06:41 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by JekRendar View Post
So, why doesn't the OP just remove General Chat from his chat tabs? That's the first thing I do in all my new characters.
Ha ha, I love this. Simply acknowledging what is, instead of waiting till you're driven mad.