Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Enough of exploiting ranked warzones

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Enough of exploiting ranked warzones

NamikazeNaruto
11.12.2012 , 09:45 AM | #1
So on my server it has gotten to the point where other ranked teams refuse to face the guild I am in ranked warzones. Now not queueing is one thing... but these guys queue in 2 sets of eight. The purpose of this is for them to face each other. Ok, that's all fine and dandy too, but if either of these two teams happen to be in a queue against us, they don't even play the game. None of them even enter the ranked warzones. So the past 3 days my teammates have had the majority of our games be empty ranked warzones. We just stand there for the entire game because there is noone to fight. At the end, we get ranked comms but pretty much no rating whatsoever. The other teams don't seem to care if they lose points as long as they can avoid facing us. Bioware, isn't there some way you can fix this?

Lexlo
11.12.2012 , 09:49 AM | #2
If they don't want to face you, they don't want to face you.
Prophecy of the Five
<WAR>|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:| |:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|<LTW>
Twitch.TV

stringcat
11.12.2012 , 10:33 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by NamikazeNaruto View Post
The other teams don't seem to care if they lose points as long as they can avoid facing us. Bioware, isn't there some way you can fix this?
Why should they "fix" it? It's not broken. Bioware isn't going to force a team to play when they don't want to play.

Think about what you can do to make playing matches against you more desirable.
Valiya Illegal Test Kitchen The Bastion

Joesixxpack
11.12.2012 , 10:47 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by NamikazeNaruto View Post
So on my server it has gotten to the point where other ranked teams refuse to face the guild I am in ranked warzones. Now not queueing is one thing... but these guys queue in 2 sets of eight. The purpose of this is for them to face each other. Ok, that's all fine and dandy too, but if either of these two teams happen to be in a queue against us, they don't even play the game. None of them even enter the ranked warzones. So the past 3 days my teammates have had the majority of our games be empty ranked warzones. We just stand there for the entire game because there is noone to fight. At the end, we get ranked comms but pretty much no rating whatsoever. The other teams don't seem to care if they lose points as long as they can avoid facing us. Bioware, isn't there some way you can fix this?
I'm confused... Are you bragging that all other teams are terrified at the sight of your team, or asking BW to ::force persuade:: other teams to play against yours?
SifuStoli Sage | Joesixxpack VG | BBQ'Ribs GS | Hawt'Sauce Guard | Dark'nStormy Scrap
ilotSufiS Mara | BBQRibs Sin | BBQSammich PT | BBQSawce MM | Dark'n'Stormy Op Med
PROPHECY OF THE FIVE

foxmob
11.12.2012 , 10:51 AM | #5
I intend to start doing this with my own guild. if one guild is stacked, then there's no reason to play them. I'm perfectly happy to bring in 16 ppl with varying degrees of skill/gear and organize two equal teams. I know for a fact that the best guild on my server has enough players to do this any time they want. if they do it or not...hey. iunno. but I've had my last rated pug.
A legacy of meh
Krackerjšck/Krackerjak (VG/PT) | Krackerjack/Deinon (Mando/Merc) | Dežnon (Jugg) | other stuffs
Quote: Originally Posted by Jadescythe View Post
TL;DR Bolster is meant to help entry level players, ranked PvP is not entry level PvP.

Rhuobhe
11.12.2012 , 10:51 AM | #6
How does this differ from any other ranked ladder game? You're actually still getting ranked standing.

So if your guild had 16 online and you wanted to go against each other, is that wrong?
Jedi Master Chokai

DarthSabreth
11.12.2012 , 01:29 PM | #7
Meh if they dont want to play against you thats there choice.
"I have brought peace, freedom, justice, and security to my new Empire!" Rip .

NamikazeNaruto
11.12.2012 , 01:52 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by stringcat View Post
Why should they "fix" it? It's not broken. Bioware isn't going to force a team to play when they don't want to play.

Think about what you can do to make playing matches against you more desirable.
The only thing we could possibly do to make teams want to played rateds against us is to lose on purpose, which we're not going to do.

NamikazeNaruto
11.12.2012 , 01:58 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Rhuobhe View Post
How does this differ from any other ranked ladder game? You're actually still getting ranked standing.

So if your guild had 16 online and you wanted to go against each other, is that wrong?
Actually no, we don't really get hardly any rating for standing around, because none of them even enter the game. Hence we usually stand around for 10-15 minutes just to get 1 rating at the very most, for that game. There are times we do not get to play at all because all the teams are purposely avoiding us, even if it means forfeiting the match and losing their points, while we gain 1 point.

You really think BW intended for a particular group of people to not be able to play anyone in ranked because everyone would rather lose their rating outright than try and play against them? I'm saying that those on the republic side just do a /who "Our Guild Name" when they get a ranked queue, and if they see us vanish from the fleet, or if they see some other way that we just got a queue, none of that team will enter the ranked match, which is why we get 1 point.

So you really think it's fair that our guild hardly ever gets to play ranked because 75% of other ranked teams avoids us like the plague, even at the expense of losing their own rating. Meanwhile we stand on the fleet all night or in empty warzones while others get to play ranked against each other.

DarthOvertone
11.12.2012 , 01:58 PM | #10
RWZs without XServer Queues (to avoid queue dodging) and a Matchmaking System (to pit equally rated opponents against each other for good fights) are a total and utter joke. Until those two things are added, RWZs will be good for nothing except farming Ranked Comms.
War Hero Alphabolt - Garbage S1 & S2-Champion Van | The Bastion
Conqueror Alphazen - Shadow | Battlemaster Alphabain - Scoundrel | War Hero Alphanoob - PT
Jung Ma | Conqueror Alphabond - Sniper | Conqueror Alphamaul - Marauder | Battlemaster Alphafett - Mercenary
SWTOR 3.0: All Hail Maintenance Mode PvP!!