Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

BW, do you ever intend on addressing Tank Powertech/Vanguard in pvp?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
BW, do you ever intend on addressing Tank Powertech/Vanguard in pvp?

DrewFromPhilly
11.06.2012 , 10:57 PM | #11
1. Go to fleet.
2. Go to skill mentor
3. Change your tree to pyrotech
4. Profit

Also, I've seen very good powertech tanks in matches.

af_raptura
11.07.2012 , 11:33 AM | #12
Quote:
However, an AOE slow, an On-demand slow, or increasing the duration of the slow tied to Neural Overload would help make this AC spec have a bit more of an annoyance factor in PVP.

Smoke grenade/oil slick could be a place to start. Tying an AOE slow to that, and/or making the accuracy debuff affect force/tech/melee/ranged similar to the Gunslinger and Sniper's Diversion 11 point skill from the respective Sharpshooter/Marksmanship trees.
Pretty much this. These are great ideas, I hope Bioware is listening.
PvE theorycrafting has really loosened their standards.
Quote: Originally Posted by karlwaite View Post
As for the skill changes to benefit pvp likes of the fly by damage reduction they suffered and reducing focused defence by 200% is a joke they are affecting pve to benefit pvp.

Joesixxpack
11.07.2012 , 03:11 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by DrewFromPhilly View Post
1. Go to fleet.
2. Go to skill mentor
3. Change your tree to pyrotech
4. Profit
^ My solution after shield was gigged. I kept the gear in case tank became decent again. But the salient point that I want to add to this discussion is ::Bump::
SifuStoli Sage | Joesixxpack VG | BBQ'Ribs GS | Hawt'Sauce Guard | Dark'nStormy Scrap
ilotSufiS Mara | BBQRibs Sin | BBQSammich PT | BBQSawce MM | Dark'n'Stormy Op Med
PROPHECY OF THE FIVE

Capt_Beers
11.07.2012 , 03:48 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by TheronFett View Post
I beg to differ: http://i.imgur.com/Ulzz5.jpg?1

500k damage / 300k protection / 0 deaths. If that's not being "useful" as a tank in PvP, then I don't know what is.
I love when people post screens like this. Without fail everytime there is usually 2, sometimes more, healers on at least one of the teams that has 700k healing. Congratulations on your game where the healers were allowed to stand there and free cast through your damage. Practically nobody died in this match.
<HVND> - Harbinger - <HVND>
Keith-Stone 55 Combat Medic | | CaptBeers 55 Arsenal | | FOTM-Reroll 55 Tactics
Keet-Stone 55 Focus | | Keef-Stone 55 Infiltration | | Key'th 55 Pyrotech

LegionnaireSix
11.07.2012 , 07:49 PM | #15
Throwing in my +1. I don't think VG/PT tanks can do the man dance and last for very long, given a majority of the big hitting attacks they'll have coming their way laugh at a shield and penetrate armor.

Arlanon
11.07.2012 , 08:22 PM | #16
My highest alt is a Powertech! But otherwise I really have no personal stake in any of this.

That said, I would prefer to see weaker classes buffed than stronger ones nerfed. PT has legit issues atm.

Azrienov
11.09.2012 , 08:14 PM | #17
I still believe shields should block everything and absorb partial for force or tech and the like.

PoliteAssasin
11.09.2012 , 08:52 PM | #18
Vanguard tanks are the best out of the three. If you're not doing well its your own fault, simple as that. Bioware even admitted it was the best tank.
RP and PVP apprentice of Dreadmaster Zuhara. Ruler of the 7 realms, the 7 seas, and lord of the 18 servers, God save the queen.

Azrienov
11.09.2012 , 09:03 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by PoliteAssasin View Post
Vanguard tanks are the best out of the three. If you're not doing well its your own fault, simple as that. Bioware even admitted it was the best tank.
According to what??? Enlighten us please....

PoliteAssasin
11.09.2012 , 09:45 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Azrienov View Post
According to what??? Enlighten us please....
I just said.. According to Bioware. My post isn't exactly long, for you to have missed that is quite sad. It was stated in an interview a while ago.
RP and PVP apprentice of Dreadmaster Zuhara. Ruler of the 7 realms, the 7 seas, and lord of the 18 servers, God save the queen.