Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Is their a way to find out which Video Card I am using?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Is their a way to find out which Video Card I am using?

SC-Errow
11.09.2012 , 01:15 PM | #1
I use a Lenovo Y580 Notebook to play my games on. It has two video cards, an Intel 4000 and a nVidia GeForce 660GTX-M. Is their a way in SWTOR to see which video card I am using? In other games I play, I can goto the graphics option and it will show the Driver name of the card it is using along with other information like which version of Direct X. Thank you for any help!

waterdaemon
11.09.2012 , 01:44 PM | #2
The Intel 4000 is supposed to be smart enough to switch transparently for you. Frankly, if it is not switching, you will know because the game will be unplayable with the on board graphics. If you want to be absolutely sure though, pull up the nVidia control panel and find the options for GPU switching by program. Make sure SWTOR is set for auto switch, or if you want, set it manually to the nVidia card.

Nilmot
11.09.2012 , 02:05 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by waterdaemon View Post
The Intel 4000 is supposed to be smart enough to switch transparently for you. Frankly, if it is not switching, you will know because the game will be unplayable with the on board graphics. If you want to be absolutely sure though, pull up the nVidia control panel and find the options for GPU switching by program. Make sure SWTOR is set for auto switch, or if you want, set it manually to the nVidia card.
Agree, this shouldn't be a worry. I don't think you could load the game with the onboard card active.