Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Game keeps randomly targeting party members and companion

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Game keeps randomly targeting party members and companion

Crainn
11.08.2012 , 05:23 PM | #1
Hi all. I've been having this problem for awhile. The game keeps targeting party members when no target is currently selected. I've tried auto target off and on as well as turning off/on the "sticky" targeting (click anywhere to deselect current target). The problem will not go away and makes flashpoints very frustrating. Any recommendations? Thanks.

Merouk
11.08.2012 , 05:28 PM | #2
For me this happens when my companion is at range and one NPC peels off to come to me, and I kill it in melee range. As soon as the melee range NPC is dead, the game instead of targeting another NPC at range, it targets my companion.

Is it the same for you?

Crainn
11.08.2012 , 05:32 PM | #3
For me this happens when my companion is at range and one NPC peels off to come to me, and I kill it in melee range. As soon as the melee range NPC is dead, the game instead of targeting another NPC at range, it targets my companion.

Is it the same for you?

-------------------------------------------------------

When I'm solo it does happen from time to time. When in a party, I end up targeting other party members like crazy. It happens almost every single pull.

Alec_Fortescue
11.08.2012 , 05:38 PM | #4
I have simlar problem, too! I thought might be my mouse or something. It's more like my mouse randomly right-clicks on my companion and makes him talk.
*Best Dressed Jedi of 2014* http://mmo-fashion.com/tor-fashion-contest-results/

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=720547 - Cool compilation of Jedi outfits worn by NPCs.

Don't let your artists' work go to waste, Bioware

Crainn
11.08.2012 , 08:51 PM | #5
bump,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Niaymh
11.08.2012 , 11:19 PM | #6
Tab is bound to select nearest enemy.

CTRL + Tab is bound to select nearest ally.

Double check you're not accidentally hitting tab with control held down.

Crainn
11.09.2012 , 05:23 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Niaymh View Post
Tab is bound to select nearest enemy.

CTRL + Tab is bound to select nearest ally.

Double check you're not accidentally hitting tab with control held down.
Thanks for taking the time to reply, but no, that is not the case. For some pulls I never even use TAB targeting.

Merouk
11.09.2012 , 10:54 AM | #8
I don't play with the default keybinds. For me, nearest target is R and center screen target is Y, and all the abilities are on the left side of the keyboard on programmable keys, or on the numpad. There is no way that I am hitting the targetting keys by mistake during combat. It is entirely the automatic targetting that's picking my companion.

In fact, it's annoying because I have to move my hands off the ability keys and use the mouse to manually target an enemy to continue fighting.

Also, I did put a DoT on a melee target and lifted my hands completely off and let the DoT kill it, and guess what? Target switched to my companion.

Crainn
11.24.2012 , 09:54 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Crainn View Post
Hi all. I've been having this problem for awhile. The game keeps targeting party members when no target is currently selected. I've tried auto target off and on as well as turning off/on the "sticky" targeting (click anywhere to deselect current target). The problem will not go away and makes flashpoints very frustrating. Any recommendations? Thanks.
Still ongoing....submitted bug report....no fix in sight

Detrick
01.18.2014 , 08:50 PM | #10
I have had this exact same issue. Very frustrating. I noticed it was with ranged classes for me. Submitting a ticket as well.