Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Comparing Companion Gear

Deconstructer
11.08.2012 , 04:02 PM | #1
Is there a way to compare the gear my companion has equipped with whats in my inventory instead of what I have equipped? I try to compare when I get new stuff for Kaliyo but it only compares to what gear I have equipped so I have to manually check myself.

MidichIorian
11.08.2012 , 04:11 PM | #2
There is an option under preferences that adds tooltips for companions. I would also recommend advanced tooltips, as in being able to see mods etc when comparing, it really helps when min/mxing. None of these are set to default so you have to manually activate them.

Since we're on the topic of default settings, make sure you turn on the cooldown timer. It's another nice feature that should have been default. Hmm, what els? I hate having a nameplate on my companion at all times so I instantly got rid of that and on enemies. It's easy to tell who's an enemy and not so it's just annoying to enter an area and have the screen filled with red tags. They will show up when you target them anyway.

Not sure if combat log is on by default, if not I'd turn it on . It forwards your logs to (usually) documents/swtor/combatlogs..

Then there's the keybinding section of preferences. Most things there are obvious but something that is really convenient and I've seen a lot of people miss out on are bound markers, as in flame/lightsaber/etc set to keys so that you can quickly put them on enemies when raiding.

Deconstructer
11.08.2012 , 05:08 PM | #3
So when I move cursor over an item with my companion screen up will it compare items she has equipped to whats in my inventory with those options turned on?

MidichIorian
11.08.2012 , 05:42 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Deconstructer View Post
So when I move cursor over an item with my companion screen up will it compare items she has equipped to whats in my inventory with those options turned on?
Yep, as long as you have your companion out, as in him/her standing next to you, it will compare the item to both the one you have equipped and that of the companion. It's a lot of info boxes on the screen sometimes, like when you're for instance comparing implants (since both you and your companion can equip two). In the event that only one of you can equip a certain item, such as a pistol, it will only compare it to the already equipped one..