Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Force bubble way OP

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Force bubble way OP
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

mrekxxx's Avatar


mrekxxx
11.03.2012 , 11:06 AM | #71
Quote: Originally Posted by vimm View Post
You can; just ask someone to place it on you.
lol nice )

mrekxxx's Avatar


mrekxxx
11.03.2012 , 11:09 AM | #72
Quote: Originally Posted by warultima View Post
Well yea I smashed a sage with 1390 expertise for ONLY 6298.

What are you yapping about again?

People in PvE gears I've smashed for 9686 you really want me to mention how stupid it is again?
i heal myself for 6-7k in single heal in 2 secs = 1 smash and what now?

you are trolling ppl

chisaineko's Avatar


chisaineko
11.03.2012 , 03:01 PM | #73
....seriously.. ?

Why do you want to nerf sorcerers again? They have one ability which gives them a modicum of survival by stunning melee people nearby.. (gasp) nearby the sorcerer. They have to be nearby the melee person who uses it, to have cast it in the first place. The one class who with full WH armor is still squishy, and who can hold off a single WH marauder for 20 seconds (out of interrupts then) for 2 whole bubbles somehow needs to be NERFED again, why?

Don't forget those sentinels and marauders do 3.8k damage through the bubble on a smash. The commandos can do upwards of 5k through the bubble. The full WH sorcerer only has 20k health, or about 25k with a bubble up. The stun doesn't last long enough to kite or run away without teammates near by to help.

How about Bioware increases the damage Affliction does from 200 a second to 500 a second, so the ability would actually have a use in a war zone? How about fixing Overload so that it does force damage 8-10k... instead of 1.2k? How about making Overload work behind the sorcerer so that it can be a viable trick for running away from certain death? How about making force slow hit for enough damage, say 1k a tick so that it is worth wasting the refresh time to cast it?

By the way.. how about making force lightning do more damage the closer the target is to the sorcerer... 1k a tic at 30m, 2k at 20m, and 3k at 10m... give those melee's a reason to use tactics assaulting the easy kill target.

Chisaineko
50 WH heals/bubble/dps sorc

warultima's Avatar


warultima
11.03.2012 , 03:08 PM | #74
Quote: Originally Posted by mrekxxx View Post
i heal myself for 6-7k in single heal in 2 secs = 1 smash and what now?

you are trolling ppl
Baddie has spoken =) amazingly there are still people out there that cant interrupt.
Oh yea and 6-7k heal (lol) dont go to 5 people like tardtardsmash.
| Lv50 Madness Sorc | Lv50 Annihilation Marauder |
| Lv50 Pyrotech Power Tech | Lv50 Medicine Operative |
| Lv50 Sharpshooter Gunslinger | Lv 26 Darkness Assassin |

AsiriusNazriel's Avatar


AsiriusNazriel
11.03.2012 , 03:19 PM | #75
Quote: Originally Posted by chisaineko View Post
....seriously.. ?

Why do you want to nerf sorcerers again? They have one ability which gives them a modicum of survival by stunning melee people nearby.. (gasp) nearby the sorcerer. They have to be nearby the melee person who uses it, to have cast it in the first place. The one class who with full WH armor is still squishy, and who can hold off a single WH marauder for 20 seconds (out of interrupts then) for 2 whole bubbles somehow needs to be NERFED again, why?

Don't forget those sentinels and marauders do 3.8k damage through the bubble on a smash. The commandos can do upwards of 5k through the bubble. The full WH sorcerer only has 20k health, or about 25k with a bubble up. The stun doesn't last long enough to kite or run away without teammates near by to help.

How about Bioware increases the damage Affliction does from 200 a second to 500 a second, so the ability would actually have a use in a war zone? How about fixing Overload so that it does force damage 8-10k... instead of 1.2k? How about making Overload work behind the sorcerer so that it can be a viable trick for running away from certain death? How about making force slow hit for enough damage, say 1k a tick so that it is worth wasting the refresh time to cast it?

By the way.. how about making force lightning do more damage the closer the target is to the sorcerer... 1k a tic at 30m, 2k at 20m, and 3k at 10m... give those melee's a reason to use tactics assaulting the easy kill target.

Chisaineko
50 WH heals/bubble/dps sorc
Yeah because force lightning ticks are 10m of 3k would not be too much? Think about what you proposed and then think about it again until you see what the problem is.

It's been said over and over and over, the problem isn't with the Sorc/Sage bubble, it's with everyone else getting the bubble.
Pax Imperius & Pax Dominus
Arash a.k.a. "Chuck Norris of PVP"

warultima's Avatar


warultima
11.03.2012 , 03:27 PM | #76
Quote: Originally Posted by AsiriusNazriel View Post
Yeah because force lightning ticks are 10m of 3k would not be too much? Think about what you proposed and then think about it again until you see what the problem is.

It's been said over and over and over, the problem isn't with the Sorc/Sage bubble, it's with everyone else getting the bubble.
It's not that bad compare to derpasmash, and it's not AoE and it's interruptible unlike derpasmashes. Get used to people giving out ideas for rediculous changes since BW OK'ed noobiesmash's 1.4 changes. All the chain bubble stuns, rail shot for 5k, all seem rather tame in comparison.
| Lv50 Madness Sorc | Lv50 Annihilation Marauder |
| Lv50 Pyrotech Power Tech | Lv50 Medicine Operative |
| Lv50 Sharpshooter Gunslinger | Lv 26 Darkness Assassin |

chisaineko's Avatar


chisaineko
11.03.2012 , 03:33 PM | #77
Quote: Originally Posted by AsiriusNazriel View Post
It's been said over and over and over, the problem isn't with the Sorc/Sage bubble, it's with everyone else getting the bubble.
Okay.. so I am a sorcerer who uses bubbles to protect my team, the guy standing next to me. Someone hits him and pops the bubble.. the stun stops the guy who is trying to kill me for a couple of seconds, hey opportunity I might be able to cast a heal. Can't re-bubble the guy for a while.. but I might be able to heal 3-4k of the damage which went through the bubble. What a novel concept, the addition of two people... making your 1v1 battle into a 1v2 battle might mean that you cannot insta kill me (the sorcerer) nor the guy I'm protecting. Heck, we might even win.. scary idea.

The stun should be longer though.. 6 seconds at least.

Chisaineko
WH heals/bubbles/dps sorc

AsiriusNazriel's Avatar


AsiriusNazriel
11.03.2012 , 04:48 PM | #78
Quote: Originally Posted by chisaineko View Post
Okay.. so I am a sorcerer who uses bubbles to protect my team, the guy standing next to me. Someone hits him and pops the bubble.. the stun stops the guy who is trying to kill me for a couple of seconds, hey opportunity I might be able to cast a heal. Can't re-bubble the guy for a while.. but I might be able to heal 3-4k of the damage which went through the bubble. What a novel concept, the addition of two people... making your 1v1 battle into a 1v2 battle might mean that you cannot insta kill me (the sorcerer) nor the guy I'm protecting. Heck, we might even win.. scary idea.

The stun should be longer though.. 6 seconds at least.

Chisaineko
WH heals/bubbles/dps sorc
Yes it most certainly should be 6 seconds, no 9, no 12.
Pax Imperius & Pax Dominus
Arash a.k.a. "Chuck Norris of PVP"

AllisonBerryman's Avatar


AllisonBerryman
11.07.2012 , 10:29 AM | #79 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Thanks for posting your thoughts about the stun bubble and its Resolve value. We do plan on making some changes to the bubble in the future, but we're still looking at some different options for addressing concerns about it. We'll continue taking your feedback into account and will let you know more when we can.

Dovahbrah's Avatar


Dovahbrah
11.07.2012 , 10:32 AM | #80
Quote: Originally Posted by AllisonBerryman View Post
Thanks for posting your thoughts about the stun bubble and its Resolve value. We do plan on making some changes to the bubble in the future, but we're still looking at some different options for addressing concerns about it. We'll continue taking your feedback into account and will let you know more when we can.
More feedback in the PvP forum?
Leaf - 50 Commando - The Fatman Notleaf - 50 Juggernaught - POT5
Leafe - 50 Shadow - The Fatman
Leafy - 50 Vanguard - The Fatman
Leafyy - 50 Sentinel - The Fatman